Helpful Links

Problem with Latest Bill

Contributor

Problem with Latest Bill

Recently, I converted my rate plan to a GoPhone (to save well over $20 a month and get more minutes!) So, I went to my local AT&T store and they issued a new SIM card and moved my number. The only thing that struck me as odd was that I paid the intial first month's payment on the new GoPhone plan, but I was also billed for the entire amount of the plan I converted from.  I tried to email support, but, alas, GoPhone customers are not afforded that perk and the "contact us" page from the GoPhone support page return an error (oh to be a second-clas AT&T citizen). So I turned to the forum for help. Since I cannot acces my old account (or any of the bills in that account), and I do not want to continue being charged for an account that no longer exists, AT&T, what should I do? I typicaly work odd hours so I do not generally have access to my phone to "call technical support". Since email communication was a bust (second class GoPhone citizen), this is the only method I have :/

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: Problem with Latest Bill

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: Problem with Latest Bill

ctracker wrote:

Recently, I converted my rate plan to a GoPhone (to save well over $20 a month and get more minutes!) So, I went to my local AT&T store and they issued a new SIM card and moved my number. The only thing that struck me as odd was that I paid the intial first month's payment on the new GoPhone plan, but I was also billed for the entire amount of the plan I converted from.  I tried to email support, but, alas, GoPhone customers are not afforded that perk and the "contact us" page from the GoPhone support page return an error (oh to be a second-clas AT&T citizen). So I turned to the forum for help. Since I cannot acces my old account (or any of the bills in that account), and I do not want to continue being charged for an account that no longer exists, AT&T, what should I do? I typicaly work odd hours so I do not generally have access to my phone to "call technical support". Since email communication was a bust (second class GoPhone citizen), this is the only method I have :/

Did you keep the same phone number? If so, then the old account was cancelled. If you changed in the middle of a billing cycle, you will have to pay the whole cycle on the old account, as it was already billed and AT&T wireless doesn't prorate.

If you changed phone numbers, you will need to call and get the old account cancelled.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support