Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2013
4:24:18 PM
Pricing

I was wondering how much adding a data plan will cost me for my monthly bill? I'm currently using a basic phone without one and I'm thinking of upgrading to an iPhone with the 300MB data plan at $20/month,no texting. I'm on an individual plan at $39.99/mo. With all the taxes and fees added in,about how much would I be paying? Maybe $75? Just wondering.!  Thanks!

I was wondering how much adding a data plan will cost me for my monthly bill? I'm currently using a basic phone without one and I'm thinking of upgrading to an iPhone with the 300MB data plan at $20/month,no texting. I'm on an individual plan at $39.99/mo. With all the taxes and fees added in,about how much would I be paying? Maybe $75? Just wondering.!  Thanks!

Pricing

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 5:11:58 PM
(0)
Expert

Sk8gurl3 wrote:

plan plus data would be 59.99. Taxes and fees depend on where you live. 75 would be a good budget number until you get your second bill. The first bill will be higher then that due to the changes and the pro-rating of the added features

Sk8gurl3 wrote:

plan plus data would be 59.99. Taxes and fees depend on where you live. 75 would be a good budget number until you get your second bill. The first bill will be higher then that due to the changes and the pro-rating of the added features

Re: Pricing

2 of 7 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 5:22:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks! That's what I figured.maybe 75 or 80/month. I wish they had unlimited plans like Sprint does. So much easier to deal with for budgeting purposes and not having to worry about going over data usage.

Thanks! That's what I figured.maybe 75 or 80/month. I wish they had unlimited plans like Sprint does. So much easier to deal with for budgeting purposes and not having to worry about going over data usage.

3 of 7 (535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 5:30:29 PM
(0)
Expert

Sk8gurl3 wrote:

Not sure how much longer sprint will be a viable company, they are on the blocks for sale to softbank a japanese carrier, not to mention their data speeds are absymal.

Sk8gurl3 wrote:

Not sure how much longer sprint will be a viable company, they are on the blocks for sale to softbank a japanese carrier, not to mention their data speeds are absymal.

4 of 7 (528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 5:42:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Good to know about Sprint! I was thinking about switching to them since I know people who use it and like it. At the end of the day, I think you can find fault with any of these companies. I've been with ATT for years and haven't had any big issues at all. Unlimited plans would be good though.

Good to know about Sprint! I was thinking about switching to them since I know people who use it and like it. At the end of the day, I think you can find fault with any of these companies. I've been with ATT for years and haven't had any big issues at all. Unlimited plans would be good though.

5 of 7 (513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 9:45:38 AM
(0)
Contributor
I left sprint and came to Att because of their tower issues. My family and I are big Internet users, so I bought the 6gbs and received a notification that we are almost out of data. So I'm going 2 try my best 2 make it through these 2 yrs but I'll probably run back 2 sprint because of the unlimited data. I also don't understand because we use wifi at home so it's a mystery how we are almost out of data already...
I left sprint and came to Att because of their tower issues. My family and I are big Internet users, so I bought the 6gbs and received a notification that we are almost out of data. So I'm going 2 try my best 2 make it through these 2 yrs but I'll probably run back 2 sprint because of the unlimited data. I also don't understand because we use wifi at home so it's a mystery how we are almost out of data already...

6 of 7 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 10:12:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Hi Krose!

What kind of smartphones do you have? iPhone, Android?

A lot of smartphones use background data which means they will continue to use data even when your not using them unless you close them properly. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Hi Krose!

What kind of smartphones do you have? iPhone, Android?

A lot of smartphones use background data which means they will continue to use data even when your not using them unless you close them properly. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (344 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments