Prepaid iPhone 3GS Visual Voicemail Problem

Master

Prepaid iPhone 3GS Visual Voicemail Problem

First of all, I'd like to make it clear that iPhones can work, will work, and are now *officially* supported for use on select prepaid GoPhone plans. With potential arguing out of the way, let's state the issue!

My mother is using an iPhone 3GS on the prepaid $25/monthly plan. Before AT&T started to "officially" support the use of prepaid iPhones this past June, both she and I had to dial our own unique voicemail number to listen to any voicemail(s) that we may have missed. This means going into the phone app and simply tapping the voicemail tab, and it would automatically dial. She and I had been doing this for approximately a year before we figured out that our voicemail setup had been changed from "standard" to Visual Voicemail.

My Visual Voicemail works fine on my iPhone 4. However, it does not appear to be working on her 3GS. I cannot think of a logical explanation as to why not. She has missed a few important voicemails due to her not being able to access them. For the meantime, if she sees that she has a missed call, she will dial her own phone number to see if the caller had left her a message. There's got to be a better way. Even "standard" voicemail before the change to VV happened would make her happy.

Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks for any help!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 1 of 6
Expert

Re: Prepaid iPhone 3GS Visual Voicemail Problem

Quick question - visual voice mail requires cellular data to be present, does she have a data plan on it. when I turn cellular data off on my daughters 3GS she does not get voicemail, if I do it on my Iphone 5 I don;t get it either

Message 2 of 6
Master

No, she is not using a data plan with it. I will see if she has cellular data enabled on her phone. I know that I do on mine, so maybe that could be a reason why mine is working and her's is not.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 6
Master

Just checked back with her. Cellular data is on and has been on the whole time. I thought that could have been the culprit, but I guess not...

Any more ideas?

Message 4 of 6
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:
Just checked back with her. Cellular data is on and has been on the whole time. I thought that could have been the culprit, but I guess not...

Any more ideas?

do you have a data plan on yours? Also did she just change to the iphone, if so she may need to call in and have the csr reset her voicemail configuration, which might not be a bad idea anyway

Message 5 of 6
Master

wingrider01 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Any more ideas?

do you have a data plan on yours? Also did she just change to the iphone, if so she may need to call in and have the csr reset her voicemail configuration, which might not be a bad idea anyway

No, I am not using a data plan on mine, either. She has had her 3GS since June of 2012 when I got my 4 and gave my 3GS to her. I figure that calling CS wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support