Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2013
5:57:48 AM
View profile
Prepaid 10¢ /minute plus Tablet Prepaid plan
Hello, I will travel to Miami beach for 3 weeks. I won't use my smartphone that much for phoning so the prepaid 0.1$ / minute plan would be the best for me but I will use the mobile internet often. I was just wondering if I am able to buy a prepaid sim card and if it's possible to add tablet 3GB prepaid plan as a feature on the same sim card. Philipp
Hello, I will travel to Miami beach for 3 weeks. I won't use my smartphone that much for phoning so the prepaid 0.1$ / minute plan would be the best for me but I will use the mobile internet often. I was just wondering if I am able to buy a prepaid sim card and if it's possible to add tablet 3GB prepaid plan as a feature on the same sim card. Philipp

Prepaid 10¢ /minute plus Tablet Prepaid plan

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 6:51:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Very unlikely. For some reason AT&T likes to make them different. As you can see in http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html, there's no option to add any data to the prepaid plan you want. You can purchase a separate 3GB plan for your tablet: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/dataplans.html, but then you're looking at spending about $55 between the two ($25 being the most likely "buy in" for the phone).
Very unlikely. For some reason AT&T likes to make them different. As you can see in http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html, there's no option to add any data to the prepaid plan you want. You can purchase a separate 3GB plan for your tablet: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/dataplans.html, but then you're looking at spending about $55 between the two ($25 being the most likely "buy in" for the phone).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Prepaid 10¢ /minute plus Tablet Prepaid plan

2 of 6 (521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 6:59:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by adidaskid808 on Jun 29, 2013 at 7:02:40 AM

No,it do not work this way.

You can have your phone for 10 cents a min.

Your tablet maybe an IPad??

You can get a 250 MB data plan on 3G for US$15 +Tax a month on your IPad(Data only).

I do not think they work too well for Android.

Also you need to get a micro Sim card,US address,US credit card etc etc,can be a headache Smiley Frustrated

No,it do not work this way.

You can have your phone for 10 cents a min.

Your tablet maybe an IPad??

You can get a 250 MB data plan on 3G for US$15 +Tax a month on your IPad(Data only).

I do not think they work too well for Android.

Also you need to get a micro Sim card,US address,US credit card etc etc,can be a headache Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 8:08:23 AM
(0)
Contributor
Ok thank you for your reply's. My tablet is one with android but I don't want internet acces for it, just for my smartphone. Can I also use the Basic/quick messaging phone plan with unlimited internet access for 35 USD with my Samsung Galaxy S2?
Ok thank you for your reply's. My tablet is one with android but I don't want internet acces for it, just for my smartphone. Can I also use the Basic/quick messaging phone plan with unlimited internet access for 35 USD with my Samsung Galaxy S2?

4 of 6 (495 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 2:48:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Mischterx wrote:

You're not supposed to. AT&T will want you to pick a smartphone plan to use with that.

Mischterx wrote:

You're not supposed to. AT&T will want you to pick a smartphone plan to use with that.

5 of 6 (444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 8:05:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dmapr wrote:

Mischterx wrote:

This is correct. The $35 monthly plan applies to non-smartphones only. Smartphones will not be able to use unlimited data for prepaid, either. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dmapr wrote:

Mischterx wrote:

This is correct. The $35 monthly plan applies to non-smartphones only. Smartphones will not be able to use unlimited data for prepaid, either. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

6 of 6 (374 Views)