Prepaid 10¢ /minute plus Tablet Prepaid plan

Contributor

Prepaid 10¢ /minute plus Tablet Prepaid plan

Hello, I will travel to Miami beach for 3 weeks. I won't use my smartphone that much for phoning so the prepaid 0.1$ / minute plan would be the best for me but I will use the mobile internet often. I was just wondering if I am able to buy a prepaid sim card and if it's possible to add tablet 3GB prepaid plan as a feature on the same sim card. Philipp
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Prepaid 10¢ /minute plus Tablet Prepaid plan

Very unlikely. For some reason AT&T likes to make them different. As you can see in http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html, there's no option to add any data to the prepaid plan you want. You can purchase a separate 3GB plan for your tablet: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/dataplans.html, but then you're looking at spending about $55 between the two ($25 being the most likely "buy in" for the phone).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Professor

No,it do not work this way.

You can have your phone for 10 cents a min.

Your tablet maybe an IPad??

You can get a 250 MB data plan on 3G for US$15 +Tax a month on your IPad(Data only).

I do not think they work too well for Android.

Also you need to get a micro Sim card,US address,US credit card etc etc,can be a headache Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Ok thank you for your reply's. My tablet is one with android but I don't want internet acces for it, just for my smartphone. Can I also use the Basic/quick messaging phone plan with unlimited internet access for 35 USD with my Samsung Galaxy S2?
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Mischterx wrote:
Ok thank you for your reply's. My tablet is one with android but I don't want internet acces for it, just for my smartphone. Can I also use the Basic/quick messaging phone plan with unlimited internet access for 35 USD with my Samsung Galaxy S2?

You're not supposed to. AT&T will want you to pick a smartphone plan to use with that.

Message 5 of 6
Master

dmapr wrote:

Mischterx wrote:

You're not supposed to. AT&T will want you to pick a smartphone plan to use with that.

This is correct. The $35 monthly plan applies to non-smartphones only. Smartphones will not be able to use unlimited data for prepaid, either. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support