Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 26, 2013
9:56:13 AM
Pre-Paid sim $2 a day plus data

Hi,

A couple of years ago I bought from ebay a pre-paid sim card  to use on my unIocked Phone 4 during my visit to the US. I activated my sim and I had no issues.

I signed up for the $2 a day plan and then I added data.

Are these plans still available? I can't seem to find something similar where I could add a data package, I only see : "Data is pay-per-use for Basic/Quick Messaging phones only. 1¢/5kb"

is that all available now? does it work on an Iphone?

Hi,

A couple of years ago I bought from ebay a pre-paid sim card  to use on my unIocked Phone 4 during my visit to the US. I activated my sim and I had no issues.

I signed up for the $2 a day plan and then I added data.

Are these plans still available? I can't seem to find something similar where I could add a data package, I only see : "Data is pay-per-use for Basic/Quick Messaging phones only. 1¢/5kb"

is that all available now? does it work on an Iphone?

Pre-Paid sim $2 a day plus data

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 11:39:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by dmapr on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:43:16 PM

AT&T has changeds their plan structure on prepaid and now has plans specific to smartphones. They all are on a monthly fee structure.

All of the plans are listed here: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

I would not recommend the $2/day plan for an iPhone if you want to use data. I've seen it used on an Android phone with the data off without any issues, but since you want the data I'd suggest sticking to the smartphone plans.

AT&T has changeds their plan structure on prepaid and now has plans specific to smartphones. They all are on a monthly fee structure.

All of the plans are listed here: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

I would not recommend the $2/day plan for an iPhone if you want to use data. I've seen it used on an Android phone with the data off without any issues, but since you want the data I'd suggest sticking to the smartphone plans.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pre-Paid sim $2 a day plus data

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 12:37:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, I saw the new prices, it seems that besides paying a monthly fee, on top of that you still have to add a data package. This is out of a question for me, I'll only be in the US for about a week

T-Moblie seems to have much better deals now

Yeah, I saw the new prices, it seems that besides paying a monthly fee, on top of that you still have to add a data package. This is out of a question for me, I'll only be in the US for about a week

T-Moblie seems to have much better deals now

3 of 4 (946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 12:14:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by dmapr on Aug 27, 2013 at 12:15:01 PM

Yes, T-Mobile Pay by the Day sounds as a much better deal for a week's stay. Just make sure they have coverage where you're going to be (naturally this applies to AT&T's coverage, too).

Yes, T-Mobile Pay by the Day sounds as a much better deal for a week's stay. Just make sure they have coverage where you're going to be (naturally this applies to AT&T's coverage, too).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (918 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments