Helpful Links

Porting Verizon numbers to existing family plan

Contributor

Porting Verizon numbers to existing family plan

I would like to add my parents to my family plan. They are currently Verizon customers but we live in different states. If it's possible to port their numbers and add them, what is the correct procedure? Is it possible to do it online? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: Porting Verizon numbers to existing family plan

It is possible to port the numbers from Verizon over to AT&T! Smiley Happy Just give Customer Care a call and they should get that sorted for you. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Porting Verizon numbers to existing family plan

You will only be able to port the numbers into your family plan if their numbers are from within the same market. So if they have Texas numbers and your plan has California numbers, it won't be allowed. You'd have to relocate your account to match their market, which means changing your numbers to their market. 

If your numbers are from the same market as theirs, you are able to add a line on the website. There's a section that will ask you if you want to port your number and ask info about their numbers/account to port in. Just be aware that they would be liable for any ETF from Verizon if they are under contract. 

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support