Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2013
4:51:03 PM
View profile
Porting Number/Canceling Service

I am currently no longer under contract with AT&T. I am nearing end of service period. I will be switching providers and porting both numbers on my account. I am just curious if I need to contact AT&T or if they will just cancel the account themselves once both numbers have been ported successfully to new carrier? Or do I need to contact AT&T personally. TIA!

I am currently no longer under contract with AT&T. I am nearing end of service period. I will be switching providers and porting both numbers on my account. I am just curious if I need to contact AT&T or if they will just cancel the account themselves once both numbers have been ported successfully to new carrier? Or do I need to contact AT&T personally. TIA!

Porting Number/Canceling Service

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 5:28:26 PM
(0)
Expert

sall wrote:

when your new carrier ports the numbers the account will be closed and you will recieve a final bill that will not be pro-rated. If you have been in contract for less then 24 months the remaining etf on each of the lines will be added to the final bill, but if you are sure you are out of contract that should not happen

sall wrote:

when your new carrier ports the numbers the account will be closed and you will recieve a final bill that will not be pro-rated. If you have been in contract for less then 24 months the remaining etf on each of the lines will be added to the final bill, but if you are sure you are out of contract that should not happen

Re: Porting Number/Canceling Service

2 of 2 (543 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments