Port forwarding with Sierra 313u

Contributor

Port forwarding with Sierra 313u

Hello, I am trying to use my connect card to play xbox live, I managed to play a few games and it works good enough. The problem is, I can't download any updates for games because I have a strict NAT and some of the ports Xbox needs to access aren't open. How can I go about doing this since I have no access to the settings. If I call support will they open them for me? 

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Port forwarding with Sierra 313u

haha no they will not... i have been researching this exact problem on my PS3 since the release of GTA V. i am incapable of playing online with a game i spent $172 on... sad. 

ok well heres the helpfull part where i tell you what ive learned.

it seems that you may be able to purchase a static ip for your mobile # linked to the modem and if what i have found so far is correct it should be $15 /month. not sure about you but id prefer $5 but hey if it clears up my strict nat settings then ill gladly play it since the only reason i use an aircard 313u is for gaming ( i live in the country and its really my only option other than sat which has a 800+ Ms ping at all times hahah could you imagine taking a headshot and it wouldnt be recognized by the server for 8 secs hahah i can lead but not like that)

i hope this leads you to something helpfull and if you figure it out plz do post as i will if my static ip call goes well... heres to hoping i get someone on the phone with an IQ over 10   :-p

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support