Port forwarding a hotspot.

Contributor

Port forwarding a hotspot.

I live in the middle of nowhere and the only Internet availible to me is the unite hotspot from Sierra wireless. Connection is usually ok. The problem is my NAT type. I have tried and tried to port forward it to my Xbox. Never worked. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm at my wits end. There are no guides on this so I gotta guess on what to do. Please help me. I'm going crazy. To recap im trying to port forward a mifi unite. I have found the port forward screen but it doesn't work. Please help.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Port forwarding a hotspot.

Jackflash312 wrote:
I live in the middle of nowhere and the only Internet availible to me is the unite hotspot from Sierra wireless. Connection is usually ok. The problem is my NAT type. I have tried and tried to port forward it to my Xbox. Never worked. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm at my wits end. There are no guides on this so I gotta guess on what to do. Please help me. I'm going crazy. To recap im trying to port forward a mifi unite. I have found the port forward screen but it doesn't work. Please help.

suspect that port forwarding is not avilable on the deivce. If you can tie the device into your router port forwarding will be available. I am not a hotspot guru, but I do know networking, so maybe one of the hotspot guru'scan assist

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

So if I can get a router you think I can port forward? What would you suggest?
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Professor

The user guide available here shows you how to enable port forwarding. This page will tell you what ports need to be forwarded and the protocols for each. One thing to keep in mind, the XBox needs to have a static IP address for forwarding to work.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support