Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 26, 2013
3:35:27 PM
Port a LanLine

Hello

I have 3 Lanlines and I want to Port 1 or them to a PrePaid AT&T cell phone its not a very old phone maybe a year or year 1/2 how do I go about this ?

Terry

Hello

I have 3 Lanlines and I want to Port 1 or them to a PrePaid AT&T cell phone its not a very old phone maybe a year or year 1/2 how do I go about this ?

Terry

Port a LanLine

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 12:54:03 PM
(0)
Employee

If you already have prepaid account set up then you need to call the porting dept. 888 898 7685. They will port the number from landline to prepaid. You will need the account number and pin number from the landline account. The pin is what you verify your account with when you call landline. It can take about a week or so to port the number.

If you already have prepaid account set up then you need to call the porting dept. 888 898 7685. They will port the number from landline to prepaid. You will need the account number and pin number from the landline account. The pin is what you verify your account with when you call landline. It can take about a week or so to port the number.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Port a LanLine

2 of 6 (565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 6:25:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

ok what about me haveing 3 lanlines will it make any diff if I port only one of them ? Thanks for the reply.

tbarlow

ok what about me haveing 3 lanlines will it make any diff if I port only one of them ? Thanks for the reply.

tbarlow

3 of 6 (535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 8:00:39 AM
(0)
Employee
The other lines that's left in your account will not be effected if you port one of the lines out. Keep in mind that portability is a law, and no one can stop you from doing so, under the right conditions though!

Hope that answers your question.
The other lines that's left in your account will not be effected if you port one of the lines out. Keep in mind that portability is a law, and no one can stop you from doing so, under the right conditions though!

Hope that answers your question.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 8:01:08 AM
(0)
Employee

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

5 of 6 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 12:50:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

UPDATE

Well it did take a little longer then what I was told I was told 72hr and it took more like 5 days total but its done my lanline was ported to a cell just fine but I do have 1 little prob or ? not sure witch yet witch is y I am here now like I said the port is done but for somereson I can still make calls out on the old lan line and when it comes up on the other persons Caller ID it says the same # that is was so basicly it still works for out going calles even tho the number was ported to a cell phone I thought that AT&T was going to have it disconnected I thought that was part of the prosses in the porting I was told not to disconnect the line because AT&T will take care of it dureing the prot so what do I do does AT&T need to take care of this or do I where do I go from here I just checked and I can still make calls out on the lan line can't recive but can call out so basicly do I need to do something or does at&t need to do something? thanks

tbarlow

UPDATE

Well it did take a little longer then what I was told I was told 72hr and it took more like 5 days total but its done my lanline was ported to a cell just fine but I do have 1 little prob or ? not sure witch yet witch is y I am here now like I said the port is done but for somereson I can still make calls out on the old lan line and when it comes up on the other persons Caller ID it says the same # that is was so basicly it still works for out going calles even tho the number was ported to a cell phone I thought that AT&T was going to have it disconnected I thought that was part of the prosses in the porting I was told not to disconnect the line because AT&T will take care of it dureing the prot so what do I do does AT&T need to take care of this or do I where do I go from here I just checked and I can still make calls out on the lan line can't recive but can call out so basicly do I need to do something or does at&t need to do something? thanks

tbarlow

6 of 6 (434 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments