Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 2, 2013
2:52:24 AM
View profile
Please stop force-redirecting your phones to mobile websites!
I'm sick and tired of being unable to access the full functional versions of some websites on my phone, simply because you keep force-redirecting it to nonfunctional mobile versions, with no way to override your redirects so I can access the version that actually works on my phone! My phone is fully capable of accessing the full web versions of every site on the net, if only you'd let it do so, instead of force-redirecting it to nonfunctional mobile versions for someone still using a 2G phone that should be gone by now!
I'm sick and tired of being unable to access the full functional versions of some websites on my phone, simply because you keep force-redirecting it to nonfunctional mobile versions, with no way to override your redirects so I can access the version that actually works on my phone! My phone is fully capable of accessing the full web versions of every site on the net, if only you'd let it do so, instead of force-redirecting it to nonfunctional mobile versions for someone still using a 2G phone that should be gone by now!

Please stop force-redirecting your phones to mobile websites!

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2013 10:54:57 AM
(0)
Professor

Page redirection is handled by the web site, not the mobile carrier.

Page redirection is handled by the web site, not the mobile carrier.

Re: Please stop force-redirecting your phones to mobile websites!

2 of 5 (869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 10:47:07 PM
(0)
Teacher
You can use a different mobile browser, such as Chrome, that has a setting labeled "Request desktop site". First go to your desired website, and some sites will auto redirect to the mobile version. Now go into Chrome settings and click on "Request desktop site". That will cause switch to what you want.
You can use a different mobile browser, such as Chrome, that has a setting labeled "Request desktop site". First go to your desired website, and some sites will auto redirect to the mobile version. Now go into Chrome settings and click on "Request desktop site". That will cause switch to what you want.

3 of 5 (602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 6:28:37 AM
(0)
Expert

mcfhsueh wrote:

and probbly break the site from displaying properly, modible websites have specific code to fall within the capabilities of the device and prevent using functionality that is specificly designed for PC browsers.

mcfhsueh wrote:

and probbly break the site from displaying properly, modible websites have specific code to fall within the capabilities of the device and prevent using functionality that is specificly designed for PC browsers.

4 of 5 (592 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 4:12:03 PM
(0)
Mentor

it works fine for me on my 10 inch.  some websites do crash out of javascript or something.   I am doing that here with no problem so I can see all the related topic links on the right side of the screen.

it works fine for me on my 10 inch.  some websites do crash out of javascript or something.   I am doing that here with no problem so I can see all the related topic links on the right side of the screen.

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

5 of 5 (305 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments