Posted Sep 11, 2013
5:31:13 AM
View profile
Planning to file a complaint with the FCC

The two phones on my new ATT service are NOT receiving MMS (Group, Picture, Voice) 

1. 4 Weeks ago called tech support (1-866-246-7344) and they could not solve the problem and suggested I go into a store
  2. The next week I go into a store and they give me a trouble ticket number and tell me to wait until I receive a call.
  3. A few days go by and I'm waiting for a call. I call Att 2 times for an update because I did not receive a call. First time rep told me to hold on few days and they wil call. Next time I called the person again told me to hold a few more days and I will receive a call. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL
  4. Decided to call back Monday. Found out ATT Engineers closed my case. They never bothered to notify me. For the next HOUR the new tech support guy walks me through the same process i went through before. He then goes on to tell me that he would call me back 9/10/13 at 2:00 est to follow up to see if everything is ok. I DID NOT RECEIVE A CALL (Seems like a trend). 
  5. At this point I guess I have exhausted my options. I guess my only option is to file a complaint with the FCC. 

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000!onSubmitFormB.action. 

The FCC accepts complaints by mail, telephone, fax, email and its online complaint page.

MAIL:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20554

PHONE: Toll Free: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice
TTY: 1-888-TELL- FCC (1-888-835-5322)
FAX: 202-418-0232

The two phones on my new ATT service are NOT receiving MMS (Group, Picture, Voice) 

1. 4 Weeks ago called tech support (1-866-246-7344) and they could not solve the problem and suggested I go into a store
  2. The next week I go into a store and they give me a trouble ticket number and tell me to wait until I receive a call.
  3. A few days go by and I'm waiting for a call. I call Att 2 times for an update because I did not receive a call. First time rep told me to hold on few days and they wil call. Next time I called the person again told me to hold a few more days and I will receive a call. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL
  4. Decided to call back Monday. Found out ATT Engineers closed my case. They never bothered to notify me. For the next HOUR the new tech support guy walks me through the same process i went through before. He then goes on to tell me that he would call me back 9/10/13 at 2:00 est to follow up to see if everything is ok. I DID NOT RECEIVE A CALL (Seems like a trend). 
  5. At this point I guess I have exhausted my options. I guess my only option is to file a complaint with the FCC. 

https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000!onSubmitFormB.action. 

The FCC accepts complaints by mail, telephone, fax, email and its online complaint page.

MAIL:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20554

PHONE: Toll Free: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice
TTY: 1-888-TELL- FCC (1-888-835-5322)
FAX: 202-418-0232

Planning to file a complaint with the FCC

8 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 5:52:52 AM
(0)
Expert

what phone and if it is a smartphone do you have cellular data turned on.

what phone and if it is a smartphone do you have cellular data turned on.

Re: Planning to file a complaint with the FCC

2 of 9 (2,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 7:44:33 AM
(0)

Both phones are HTC One and neither work. Yes data is on.

I've spoken with 5 att tech support staff and dealt with numerous att support staff at my local store. 

I've spoken with 5 att tech support staff and dealt with numerous att support staff at my local store. 

3 of 9 (2,942 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 7:46:18 AM
(0)
Expert

chilump wrote:

just to be specific - cellualr data or wi-fi?

chilump wrote:

just to be specific - cellualr data or wi-fi?

4 of 9 (2,939 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 7:49:57 AM
(0)

Wifi was off each 5 interactions I had with att support

Wifi was off each 5 interactions I had with att support

5 of 9 (2,930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 5:55:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Did tech support go over the APN settings on your phones? If so, did you choose an option to reset APN to default settings? They should look like the following

Screenshot_2013-09-12-18-51-19.png

Did tech support go over the APN settings on your phones? If so, did you choose an option to reset APN to default settings? They should look like the following

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (2,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 11:48:09 AM
(0)
Teacher

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I've had similar issues.  They have told me they are going to call back at a specific time and then they don't.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I've had similar issues.  They have told me they are going to call back at a specific time and then they don't.

7 of 9 (2,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 7:02:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had a very similar situation. I spent almost 6 hours in two days on the phone with tech support.  I bailed after two days (within the 14-day buyers remorse window).  I sent back three phones in the original packaging and am being charged for two of the phones because they have no record of receiving two of them. They were all in the same box. I am continuing to fight them about it, but plan to go to the fcc as well.

Don't go into contract with this company their product, tech services, and customer support are horrible.

I had a very similar situation. I spent almost 6 hours in two days on the phone with tech support.  I bailed after two days (within the 14-day buyers remorse window).  I sent back three phones in the original packaging and am being charged for two of the phones because they have no record of receiving two of them. They were all in the same box. I am continuing to fight them about it, but plan to go to the fcc as well.

Don't go into contract with this company their product, tech services, and customer support are horrible.

8 of 9 (2,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 7:12:16 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, paular88!

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience returning your devices. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, paular88!

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience returning your devices. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns. Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 9 (2,301 Views)