Phone upgrade Blackberry to Iphone

Tutor

Phone upgrade Blackberry to Iphone

My son tried to use my upgrade for my Blackberry Z10, with my permission, to get an IPhone. He was told that it was not allowed and that he would have to pay full price for the IPhone or go with the Next program. Why is this?

Message 1 of 6 (584 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Phone upgrade Blackberry to Iphone

Hello @Tavri 

That's odd, I'm assuming your line is eligible for an upgrade, and you should be able to do a cross upgrade. Was he trying to upgrade at the corporate store? Our team will be happy to help you with that, please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (522 Views)
Tutor

Thanks Dmitriy, yes he did upgrade at the corporate store and didn't have a choice but to believe the rep. I sent a PM to ATTCustomerCare per your instructions. 

Thank you for your time.

Message 3 of 6 (497 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

I'm curious as to how you have a full upgrade available on your line if you have a Z10.  The Z10 has been out for only a year.  Did you pay full price for your Z10 or use someone else's upgrade to get the Z10?

Message 4 of 6 (484 Views)
ACE - Master

21stNow wrote:

I'm curious as to how you have a full upgrade available on your line if you have a Z10.  The Z10 has been out for only a year.  Did you pay full price for your Z10 or use someone else's upgrade to get the Z10?

That might explain why the son was told full price/Next for the iPhone. Perhaps the OP's line is not full upgrade eligible. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6 (477 Views)
Tutor

I used his upgrade to get my Z10. He was using mine and yes mine is a ready for full upgrade. It was supposed to be November but with the new 24 month policy, he had to wait until March. He was trying to use my upgrade with full permission. 

Message 6 of 6 (475 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.