Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 16, 2013
10:37:14 AM
View profile
Phone exchange, what happens to contract?

I purchased a smartphone in store on Friday as an upgrade. I know I can return/exchange my phone for any reason in the 14 day period. However, if I exchange the phone, what happens to the contract I signed? In this case, I signed through AT&T Next. If I exchange the phone, can I get a 2-year contract instead with the new phone or do I need to remain as an AT&T Next user?

I purchased a smartphone in store on Friday as an upgrade. I know I can return/exchange my phone for any reason in the 14 day period. However, if I exchange the phone, what happens to the contract I signed? In this case, I signed through AT&T Next. If I exchange the phone, can I get a 2-year contract instead with the new phone or do I need to remain as an AT&T Next user?

Phone exchange, what happens to contract?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 11:14:06 AM
(0)
Employee

I'm just going with your last questions; it will help with the others -- You can take your phone back and ask for the 2-Year Price instead with contract. You don't have to stay with the Next Program, I wouldn't.

You may have to pay a restocking fee, though.

I'm just going with your last questions; it will help with the others -- You can take your phone back and ask for the 2-Year Price instead with contract. You don't have to stay with the Next Program, I wouldn't.

You may have to pay a restocking fee, though.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Phone exchange, what happens to contract?

2 of 2 (302 Views)