Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Feb 5, 2014
8:15:43 AM
View profile
People call my number but get recording it's an international number
I have about a 1in 4 chance that anyone calling from vz, sprint or tmobile will get a recording "The international number you are trying to call...." And it will take them sometimes several tries before it goes through. No forwarding is on, never use it. I called in and they did the normal troubleshooting but I haven't heard back. Anyone else had this and know how to get it fixed?
I have about a 1in 4 chance that anyone calling from vz, sprint or tmobile will get a recording "The international number you are trying to call...." And it will take them sometimes several tries before it goes through. No forwarding is on, never use it. I called in and they did the normal troubleshooting but I haven't heard back. Anyone else had this and know how to get it fixed?

People call my number but get recording it's an international number

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 1:11:04 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @mrpainz 

Are you anywhere close to the border? I wonder if your phone picks up towers from Canada? If that's not the case, I recommend starting with getting a new SIM card, any corporate AT&T store will be able to replace it for you for free.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @mrpainz 

Are you anywhere close to the border? I wonder if your phone picks up towers from Canada? If that's not the case, I recommend starting with getting a new SIM card, any corporate AT&T store will be able to replace it for you for free.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: People call my number but get recording it's an international number

2 of 2 (395 Views)