Helpful Links

Partial discount priceing and Early Termation fee question

Scholar

Partial discount priceing and Early Termation fee question

I was just checking my upgrade options and I see this 

This line is eligible for an early upgrade with a partial discount off of the full retail price when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. This line may be eligible for an upgrade at our best pricing on: July 08, 2014. A $36 upgrade fee will apply. Early iPhone upgrade pricing is available online today while all other devices are available for early upgrade pricing in AT&T retail stores or via 611.

and I was just wondering what would like be a partial disscount of a iPhone 5 (32 GB),   Would I have to pay a early termation fee if I upgrade my phone early?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Partial discount priceing and Early Termation fee question

Early upgrade is $250 plus the subsidized cost of the phone ($199 and up) plus the $36 upgrade fee.
You do not pay an ETF with an early upgrade.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

Apple iPhone 5 - 32GB
2-year contract
Regular Price
$749.99
Instant Savings with Contract
-$200.00
Due Today

$549.99  - so this would be the partial disscount for the iPhone 5 for the early upgrade - then full discount would be $299.99 - when the contract ends.

So would it cost me $585.99 just to upgrade my phone early? 

[corrected formatting]

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Expert

bigelarkin wrote:

Apple iPhone 5 - 32GB
2-year contract
Regular Price
$749.99
Instant Savings with Contract
-$200.00
Due Today

$549.99  - so this would be the partial disscount for the iPhone 5 for the early upgrade - then full discount would be $299.99 - when the contract ends.

So would it cost me $585.99 just to upgrade my phone early? 

[corrected formatting]

that is correct, plus the 36.00 activation fee

Message 4 of 7
Scholar

$585.99 that includes the $36.00 activiation fee

Since I took the $549.99 iphone 5 (32 GB) price and added the $36.00 that is how I came uup with $585.99

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I have a partial discount and was wondering how much I would pay for the note 3 if I used the discount to get the phone
Message 6 of 7
Expert

Cesarcastelo wrote:
I have a partial discount and was wondering how much I would pay for the note 3 if I used the discount to get the phone

partial discount is subsidiced price of the device + 250.00 penalty + 36.00 activation if it can even be used on the Note 3

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support