Helpful Links

Pantech Pursuit & Swift - Group texts coming through as multimedia text

Highlighted
Contributor

Pantech Pursuit & Swift - Group texts coming through as multimedia text

Hi, I had a Pantech Pursuit first then now have a Pantech Swift. I blocked internet usage on my phone since I don't need it, but I noticed that group texts (texts that have been sent to multiple people including me) are coming in as multimedia (happened both on the Pursuit and Swif). I can't open those. These are not texts with photos or any sort of multimedia attachments, but general messages. This is pretty problematic. Any help?

Message 1 of 2
Expert

Re: Pantech Pursuit & Swift - Group texts coming through as multimedia text

bananarama25 wrote:

Hi, I had a Pantech Pursuit first then now have a Pantech Swift. I blocked internet usage on my phone since I don't need it, but I noticed that group texts (texts that have been sent to multiple people including me) are coming in as multimedia (happened both on the Pursuit and Swif). I can't open those. These are not texts with photos or any sort of multimedia attachments, but general messages. This is pretty problematic. Any help?

If they are flagged as MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) with cellular data blocked they will not come through, the RFP that lists the specificcations for SMS/MMS require cellular data be available.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support