Pantech Link is showing my text messages out of order.

Contributor

Pantech Link is showing my text messages out of order.

A few days ago my Pantech Link started grouping my sent texts above my received texts in my different coversations. When I choose a conversation it shows all of my texts at the top then below those are the texts that I have received from that person.  It used to show them in the order that they were sent and received. Anybody know how to get this back to normal?

Message 1 of 12 (4,026 Views)
Contributor

Re: Pantech Link is showing my text messages out of order.

I have started having the exact same issue with my Pantech Link, if anyone has figured this out I'd love to know.
Message 2 of 12 (3,946 Views)
Contributor

I'm having the SAME issues with my Pantech! If anyone figures out WHY let me know! Also I have noticed the reason is if you notice It says your messages that you SEND is sent as YESTERDAY which is why it groups sent messages at the topof the thread and your friends that you are texting is coming in correctly as "TODAY". but WHY . This has been happening to me since late Dec 20th. my date is correct on my phone otherwise just concerning SENT text messages is it coming up wrong.

Message 3 of 12 (3,880 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Spoiler
Same problem with both mine and my daughters phone! Driving me crazy! Anyone have luck figuring this out? I reset my phone and I thought it was going to work, but no luck.

Message 4 of 12 (3,782 Views)
Contributor

I have been having the same issues with my phone as well.  I tried resetting it, turning auto update on and off and nothing has worked.  All of my sent messages show as "yesterday".

Message 5 of 12 (3,698 Views)
Contributor

The same thing is happening to me as well (Sent messages at the top saying they were sent yesterday and received messages grouped below them with correct date/time.)  It is really annoying. I would also like to know if any one figures out the cause or how to fix this.

It's weird how it happened right on the 21st!  Haha just kidding.

Message 6 of 12 (3,595 Views)
Contributor

So does ATT tech support view and respond? I noticed the issue on 12.21.12 and have tried Master Reset, automatic time update. Need help it's driving me crazy!

Message 7 of 12 (3,467 Views)

got this back from Pantech today:

1.       This Text Messaging problem is caused by the SMS client during leap years.

2.       The problem will be resolved by January 1st 2013.

3.       The SMS (Text Messages) history will remain with incorrect date (minus 1 day) data

4.       New SMS received on or after January 1st 2013will again be correctly displayed .

Message 8 of 12 (3,388 Views)
Contributor

Just went to the AT&T store in my neighborhood. It's a glitch between the test server and Pantech, Pantech is aware of the issue and they said it should be solved by Jan 1 2013.
Message 9 of 12 (3,073 Views)
Contributor

It's now March 1, 2013 and this is not fixed. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. It happens when I turn my phone on and it tells me I have XXX number of new messages. There are no new messages. Every message I ever sent is listed as if they were just sent at the time I turned my phone on. I have to open each and every one of them to clear them from my 'new messages' list. So then they're all listed at the bottom of my conversations. SO ANNOYING! The line they told you about it being fixed by Jan 2013 is not true.

Does anyone else know of a fix?

Message 10 of 12 (2,087 Views)
Contributor

My phone doesn't work either! I tried to send out a message on my pantech, but it doesn't work. IT just tell's me that it failed, and my network is out of oder! Please respond back ASAP! Thanks!

Message 11 of 12 (1,025 Views)
Expert

ethanb11 wrote:

My phone doesn't work either! I tried to send out a message on my pantech, but it doesn't work. IT just tell's me that it failed, and my network is out of oder! Please respond back ASAP! Thanks!

you will probably get a faster response by calling support. Have you tried restarting your phone?

Message 12 of 12 (1,022 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.