Pantech Laser - Mobile Email $5/month, alternatives

Pantech Laser - Mobile Email $5/month, alternatives

What alternatives free of charge can anyone suggest to substitute the Mobile Email $5/month application on my Pantech Laser?

It was a rude awakening when I first launched the application and learned that there would be a monthly charge for receiving alerts and accessing email. I did not agree with this and canceled the setup. This phone was manufactured in 2010. Does this mean that all phones manufactured for AT&T in that year and later carry this Mobile Email $5/month application?

Message 1 of 5 (639 Views)
Mentor

Re: Pantech Laser - Mobile Email $5/month, alternatives

there are alot of email apps that should work on your phone and do not charge you for it. try k9mail

Message 2 of 5 (569 Views)
Expert

dirtboy01 wrote:

there are alot of email apps that should work on your phone and do not charge you for it. try k9mail

from the specifications, the pantech laser is a qmd device and not a smartphone, so a android app will not work

http://www.pantechusa.com/phones/laser#specs

Message 3 of 5 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dirtboy01

I should have mentioned that the Pantech Laser is a messaging phone and not a smartphone. It's my fault for not clarifying. But thank you for replying to my post!

Message 4 of 5 (550 Views)
Highlighted

wingrider01 wrote:

dirtboy01 wrote:

from the specifications, the pantech laser is a qmd device and not a smartphone, so a android app will not work

http://www.pantechusa.com/phones/laser#specs

Well, it looks like the alternative for me then is to bookmark my email account in my mobile web browser. That way, I can sign in and check my email online while on the go. No email alerts unfortunately, but I think I'll manage without them.

Message 5 of 5 (543 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support