Helpful Links

Paid off cell debt, can I get another phone

Highlighted
Contributor

Paid off cell debt, can I get another phone

I have cell phone debt with ATT. The debt is over 3 years old. If I completely pay it off, can I get another ATT phone in my name? The debt is in collections, and I have paid on it through out the years.

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 6
Expert

Re: Paid off cell debt, can I get another phone

glasscollege wrote:

I have cell phone debt with ATT. The debt is over 3 years old. If I completely pay it off, can I get another ATT phone in my name? The debt is in collections, and I have paid on it through out the years.

probably better to get a gophone, you can be assured a hefty security deposit will be wanted for a 2 year contract subsidized phone

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I thought about that, but I want to buy the phone for full price, and just have a month to month contract, but I don't know if they will even allow me to have wireless service with their company period

Message 3 of 6
Expert

glasscollege wrote:

I thought about that, but I want to buy the phone for full price, and just have a month to month contract, but I don't know if they will even allow me to have wireless service with their company period

even with a month to month contract a credit check is run

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Master

glasscollege wrote:

If you're not wanting a subsidized phone, I'd recommend Go Phone. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

How do I pay on cell phone dept.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support