Paid off cell debt, can I get another phone

Highlighted
Contributor

Paid off cell debt, can I get another phone

I have cell phone debt with ATT. The debt is over 3 years old. If I completely pay it off, can I get another ATT phone in my name? The debt is in collections, and I have paid on it through out the years.

Message 1 of 6 (1,171 Views)
Expert

Re: Paid off cell debt, can I get another phone

glasscollege wrote:

I have cell phone debt with ATT. The debt is over 3 years old. If I completely pay it off, can I get another ATT phone in my name? The debt is in collections, and I have paid on it through out the years.

probably better to get a gophone, you can be assured a hefty security deposit will be wanted for a 2 year contract subsidized phone

Message 2 of 6 (1,163 Views)
Contributor

I thought about that, but I want to buy the phone for full price, and just have a month to month contract, but I don't know if they will even allow me to have wireless service with their company period

Message 3 of 6 (1,135 Views)
Expert

glasscollege wrote:

I thought about that, but I want to buy the phone for full price, and just have a month to month contract, but I don't know if they will even allow me to have wireless service with their company period

even with a month to month contract a credit check is run

Message 4 of 6 (1,131 Views)
ACE - Professor

glasscollege wrote:

If you're not wanting a subsidized phone, I'd recommend Go Phone. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6 (1,018 Views)
Contributor

How do I pay on cell phone dept.
Message 6 of 6 (255 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.