Posted Jul 24, 2013
7:36:18 PM
Over-Charged Early Termination Fee (ETF)

So, I had to unfourtantely leave AT&T due to poor service. Their coverage shows excellent service in my Zip Code, which I believe, but my town is full of hills and tall buildings which I believe is the issue. I would be getting 1-2 bars of 4G-HSPA+ which is good for texting, but, calls were muffled and data was OK. It would be ok if I could revert to EDGE (2G) but the iPhone doesn't have this switch anymore. Anyways, back to the topic. I contacted AT&T prior to leaving and talked to the cancellations department, they told me it was a $400 ETF for my whole account.  The woman was also very kind and asked me why I was leaving, I told her my very long and truthful story. She apoloigized on behalf of AT&T and saw I was a customer since 2003. So she said as a courtesy she would waive the fees, I was blown away, and I was so excited. She placed me on a hold to "notate" the account, during the hold the call was dropped. She never called back. So I went ahead and left AT&T, and paid my "last and final" bill. 

Well today I got my actual last bill of $1,019.00 

One thousand. And nineteen. US dollars. what. I was freaking out and called AT&T immediately, they said they didn't see any notes but the manager submitted my claim to a higher-up department. I am so upset, I guess I was lied to! I can't pay this bill, if I knew the true amount I wouldn't of left! I was told it would be waived, let's say they can't waive it for whatever reason, it should be $400 like I was told.

If they can't help me any suggestions? FCC complaint? BBB complaint?

So, I had to unfourtantely leave AT&T due to poor service. Their coverage shows excellent service in my Zip Code, which I believe, but my town is full of hills and tall buildings which I believe is the issue. I would be getting 1-2 bars of 4G-HSPA+ which is good for texting, but, calls were muffled and data was OK. It would be ok if I could revert to EDGE (2G) but the iPhone doesn't have this switch anymore. Anyways, back to the topic. I contacted AT&T prior to leaving and talked to the cancellations department, they told me it was a $400 ETF for my whole account.  The woman was also very kind and asked me why I was leaving, I told her my very long and truthful story. She apoloigized on behalf of AT&T and saw I was a customer since 2003. So she said as a courtesy she would waive the fees, I was blown away, and I was so excited. She placed me on a hold to "notate" the account, during the hold the call was dropped. She never called back. So I went ahead and left AT&T, and paid my "last and final" bill. 

Well today I got my actual last bill of $1,019.00 

One thousand. And nineteen. US dollars. what. I was freaking out and called AT&T immediately, they said they didn't see any notes but the manager submitted my claim to a higher-up department. I am so upset, I guess I was lied to! I can't pay this bill, if I knew the true amount I wouldn't of left! I was told it would be waived, let's say they can't waive it for whatever reason, it should be $400 like I was told.

If they can't help me any suggestions? FCC complaint? BBB complaint?

Over-Charged Early Termination Fee (ETF)

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 9:05:58 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello Gl1tched,

Wow, I can definitely understand how upsetting a situation like this can be, I would be shocked too. You did the right thing by calling AT&T right away, since they have escalated your case, I would recommend first wanting for the response and see what they do. In the meantime, we have some amazing managers that can check on the status of your case for you, how long has it been since you talked to customer service? If you want one of us to call you, please send us a private message with your name, contact number, old account number and the best time you can be reached.

I sure hope your issue gets resolved quickly and painlessly. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thank You,

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello Gl1tched,

Wow, I can definitely understand how upsetting a situation like this can be, I would be shocked too. You did the right thing by calling AT&T right away, since they have escalated your case, I would recommend first wanting for the response and see what they do. In the meantime, we have some amazing managers that can check on the status of your case for you, how long has it been since you talked to customer service? If you want one of us to call you, please send us a private message with your name, contact number, old account number and the best time you can be reached.

I sure hope your issue gets resolved quickly and painlessly. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Thank You,

Dmitriy.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Over-Charged Early Termination Fee (ETF)

2 of 4 (529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 12:15:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

I should hear back within 24-48 hours they said. Thank you for your help and support, if I need help I will message you.

I should hear back within 24-48 hours they said. Thank you for your help and support, if I need help I will message you.

3 of 4 (518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 2:07:12 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Sure thing.

Rethink Possible

Sure thing.

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (505 Views)