Ask a question

Posted Oct 20, 2013
    12:44:14 PM
    View profile
    Outage in Clarksville, TN area

This morning, none of us could use our cell phones.  Browsing the internet worked fine over our Wi-Fi, but we could not make or receive calls.  The 3G signal on the Microcell was locked and solid so I never thought it was the problem.  My daughter even reset her phone and it never picked up the regular AT&T signal so I thought maybe there was a local outage.  After church, I decided to power cycle the Microcell just in case that was somehow the issue and right away, our phones switched to the regular AT&T signal and started working.  However, the 3G light has now been flashing for the last hour or so, and won't lock up.  Called up phone support and they said there's a Microcell outage...they have no idea if and when it'll get fixed so I was told to just wait to see if the Microcell will eventually lock back up.

I asked if they had a section on their website where customers could check on local outages and was told that AT&T did not have that capability,

Outage in Clarksville, TN area

1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 20, 2013 2:45:45 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by OttoPylot on Oct 20, 2013 at 3:13:59 PM

Thanks Taylarie for the update. Havning a Network Status link on the MicroCell Forum page is something that I've been requesting for a long time. Hopefully this outage, and the Note 3 issues will get some traction and we can get that link.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Outage in Clarksville, TN area

[ Edited ]
    2 of 2 (623 Views)