Helpful Links

Option to turn off LTE blocked: BB Z10

Contributor

Option to turn off LTE blocked: BB Z10

My new Z10 eats through its battery within 8 hours of work. I have a 2nd battery and a desk charger, but I'm pretty sure what is eating it could be the LTE network. I'd like to just turn off LTE since all I use my phone for is corporate email.

However, ATT seems to have blocked this feature out of the phone. Is there anything I can do to disable LTE?

Message 1 of 6
Contributor

Re: Option to turn off LTE blocked: BB Z10

I want to make sure it's also known that I have turned down/off everything else that is known to consume mass amounts of battery (bluetooth, wifi, nfc, screen dim, short timeout etc)
Message 2 of 6
Scholar

The problem you describe has been known to happen when the network connection is weak.

. . . . Pete
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

I'm in phoenix metro with 5 bars and a strong LTE signal. It's not that it's searching for network, it's that it's LTE and it consumes more battery than 3G.
I want to 3G to conserve battery. I don't need 23-30 megabit speeds to download text emails from an exchange server. I would only want to have LTE when I'm tethering.
Message 4 of 6
Scholar

I have a Blackberry with no service on it yet and these concerns and responses make me very leery of using AT&T for my carrier for Blackberry.  I want to hear on the public forum that solutions were found, and what the resolution was.  One AT&T 'update' to my Samsung tablet took AWAY the DATA toggle button from the pull-up menu where you set all your bluetooth / wifi / NFC etc.  And no, AT&T could not get that fixed, it was an UPGRADE to REMOVE that button.  I have a workaround, but that is what it is, just a workaround.

Blackberry on wifi is stable, fast, secure *! probably private, and fun.  But it would be nice to put it on a carrier sometime.

Message 5 of 6
Scholar

AT&T is fine with good customer service.

. . . .  Pete

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support