Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 21, 2013
7:20:34 AM
View profile
Option to turn off LTE blocked: BB Z10

My new Z10 eats through its battery within 8 hours of work. I have a 2nd battery and a desk charger, but I'm pretty sure what is eating it could be the LTE network. I'd like to just turn off LTE since all I use my phone for is corporate email.

However, ATT seems to have blocked this feature out of the phone. Is there anything I can do to disable LTE?

My new Z10 eats through its battery within 8 hours of work. I have a 2nd battery and a desk charger, but I'm pretty sure what is eating it could be the LTE network. I'd like to just turn off LTE since all I use my phone for is corporate email.

However, ATT seems to have blocked this feature out of the phone. Is there anything I can do to disable LTE?

Option to turn off LTE blocked: BB Z10

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 7:21:42 AM
(0)
Contributor
I want to make sure it's also known that I have turned down/off everything else that is known to consume mass amounts of battery (bluetooth, wifi, nfc, screen dim, short timeout etc)
I want to make sure it's also known that I have turned down/off everything else that is known to consume mass amounts of battery (bluetooth, wifi, nfc, screen dim, short timeout etc)

Re: Option to turn off LTE blocked: BB Z10

2 of 6 (1,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 8:22:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

The problem you describe has been known to happen when the network connection is weak.

. . . . Pete

The problem you describe has been known to happen when the network connection is weak.

. . . . Pete

3 of 6 (1,486 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 8:26:27 AM
(0)
Contributor
I'm in phoenix metro with 5 bars and a strong LTE signal. It's not that it's searching for network, it's that it's LTE and it consumes more battery than 3G.
I want to 3G to conserve battery. I don't need 23-30 megabit speeds to download text emails from an exchange server. I would only want to have LTE when I'm tethering.
I'm in phoenix metro with 5 bars and a strong LTE signal. It's not that it's searching for network, it's that it's LTE and it consumes more battery than 3G.
I want to 3G to conserve battery. I don't need 23-30 megabit speeds to download text emails from an exchange server. I would only want to have LTE when I'm tethering.

4 of 6 (1,483 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2013 5:41:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

I have a Blackberry with no service on it yet and these concerns and responses make me very leery of using AT&T for my carrier for Blackberry.  I want to hear on the public forum that solutions were found, and what the resolution was.  One AT&T 'update' to my Samsung tablet took AWAY the DATA toggle button from the pull-up menu where you set all your bluetooth / wifi / NFC etc.  And no, AT&T could not get that fixed, it was an UPGRADE to REMOVE that button.  I have a workaround, but that is what it is, just a workaround.

Blackberry on wifi is stable, fast, secure *! probably private, and fun.  But it would be nice to put it on a carrier sometime.

I have a Blackberry with no service on it yet and these concerns and responses make me very leery of using AT&T for my carrier for Blackberry.  I want to hear on the public forum that solutions were found, and what the resolution was.  One AT&T 'update' to my Samsung tablet took AWAY the DATA toggle button from the pull-up menu where you set all your bluetooth / wifi / NFC etc.  And no, AT&T could not get that fixed, it was an UPGRADE to REMOVE that button.  I have a workaround, but that is what it is, just a workaround.

Blackberry on wifi is stable, fast, secure *! probably private, and fun.  But it would be nice to put it on a carrier sometime.

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

5 of 6 (1,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 8:35:43 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by petercreasey on Dec 29, 2013 at 8:36:17 AM

AT&T is fine with good customer service.

. . . .  Pete

AT&T is fine with good customer service.

. . . .  Pete

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (1,033 Views)