Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 2, 2013
8:00:25 PM
View profile
One time charges

I am a long time customer of ATT with multiple phones and tablets on my account. Recently, I upgraded one phone and added a new line. The rep at the ATT store advised me there would be a $39 activation and $38 upgrade charge on my bill but, once I saw the charges on my bill, to call customer service and ask for a courtesy credit for the charges as I am such a long time customer. I knew about this because ATT had always given me a courtesy credit for upgrades and new lines. However, when I called customer service, I was told they did not give credits. I asked for a supervisor and was disconnected three times and twice held for over 60 minutes before being disconnected again. Today, I was able to reach a supervisor who told me he could not issue credits, either.  I pay quite a bit to ATT each month and have been very happy with the service until now. I cant image that it would be worth $76 to lose a customer - any ideas who I can contact?

I am a long time customer of ATT with multiple phones and tablets on my account. Recently, I upgraded one phone and added a new line. The rep at the ATT store advised me there would be a $39 activation and $38 upgrade charge on my bill but, once I saw the charges on my bill, to call customer service and ask for a courtesy credit for the charges as I am such a long time customer. I knew about this because ATT had always given me a courtesy credit for upgrades and new lines. However, when I called customer service, I was told they did not give credits. I asked for a supervisor and was disconnected three times and twice held for over 60 minutes before being disconnected again. Today, I was able to reach a supervisor who told me he could not issue credits, either.  I pay quite a bit to ATT each month and have been very happy with the service until now. I cant image that it would be worth $76 to lose a customer - any ideas who I can contact?

One time charges

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2013 6:01:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
From what I understand, AT&T will no longer waive those fees. If you decide to go elsewhere, they charge those fees also. It is an industry wide fee (at least on the major providers).
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
From what I understand, AT&T will no longer waive those fees. If you decide to go elsewhere, they charge those fees also. It is an industry wide fee (at least on the major providers).
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: One time charges

2 of 4 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 9:04:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

Are you serious? They told you in advance there are fees, and you agreed to it. You can't just go back on your word when it's time to pay.

Are you serious? They told you in advance there are fees, and you agreed to it. You can't just go back on your word when it's time to pay.

3 of 4 (935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 8:22:23 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Sollarsl!

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your upgrade/activation fee. This fee is to allow us to assist customers with recommending new equipment, answering questions around special offers and discounts, providing assistance with the upgrade process if needed, and ongoing support. These specialized processes help us to ensure you are satisfied with your new equipment and are ready to use it the day you receive it.

I hope that helps explain the fee.

If there is anything else that we can do to help, please let us know by clicking here. If you do decide to send us a message, make sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the upper right corner of your screen.

As always, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Sollarsl!

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your upgrade/activation fee. This fee is to allow us to assist customers with recommending new equipment, answering questions around special offers and discounts, providing assistance with the upgrade process if needed, and ongoing support. These specialized processes help us to ensure you are satisfied with your new equipment and are ready to use it the day you receive it.

I hope that helps explain the fee.

If there is anything else that we can do to help, please let us know by clicking here. If you do decide to send us a message, make sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the upper right corner of your screen.

As always, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (909 Views)