Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 25, 2013
3:49:55 PM
View profile
Old phone considered for data usage

Ok, I have an old smartphone that I am considering using for a job that requires me to have a constant internet connection. I have a regular prepaid cell phone for just calls but it is with another service provider and is not a smartphone. I was fine with using just wireless but a data plan is necessary. So my question is can I purchase a prepaid/gophone micro sim ,just for data, for an LG Escape to use on my job? 

Please reply back soon.

Ok, I have an old smartphone that I am considering using for a job that requires me to have a constant internet connection. I have a regular prepaid cell phone for just calls but it is with another service provider and is not a smartphone. I was fine with using just wireless but a data plan is necessary. So my question is can I purchase a prepaid/gophone micro sim ,just for data, for an LG Escape to use on my job? 

Please reply back soon.

Old phone considered for data usage

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 8:01:18 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, cbroadnax1986!

You can certainly use your smartphone on one of our prepaid plans. It's important to note that these plans are not data only; they do include voice and text. To find out more about GoPhone Smartphone plans, just click on the link below.

GoPhone Smartphone Plans

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, cbroadnax1986!

You can certainly use your smartphone on one of our prepaid plans. It's important to note that these plans are not data only; they do include voice and text. To find out more about GoPhone Smartphone plans, just click on the link below.

GoPhone Smartphone Plans

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Old phone considered for data usage

2 of 2 (309 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments