Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Mine has said Preparing to Ship for the phone, since Friday afternoon.  But, with the 10/1 - 10/30 expected dates.  I have heard that other's similar status changed to shipped over the weekend.  Is this still happening, or is this officially backordered?

I ordered the 16GB Gold at 2:26 CST 

Message 121 of 1,264
Teacher

Mine has said preparing for shipment for about 3 days now. But with the 10/1 - 10/30 delivery dates. iPhone 5s 16gb Silver
Message 122 of 1,264

Here's my story:

Because of a snag with my upgrade eligibitly date, I HAD to order my phone through customer care (per the AT&T rep I spoke with about a week ago). 

Ordered the 32G Gold 5s over the phone as soon as the call center opened (which for me was 7am PST on 9/20, by the time the order was placed it was probably about 7:30).  I received an email with the shipment date of 9/25 - 9/27

Yesterday I looked up the order status and it said that my shipping date has now changed to 10/21/13 - 10/30/13.  Status shows preparing to ship. 

I called AT&T yesterday to see what was up because I couldn't believe they would change the shipment date by that much and not even send me an email update with that information.  The rep said "If you didn't receive an email, you should still receive the shipment on the original date. Your phone was in the first batch".  Don't really know if I believe that till I see it...

Message 123 of 1,264
Tutor

I ordered my Gold iPhone 5s 64GB at 3:04AM EST on the 20th of Sept.  1st it was 7-10 days and now I am sitting at Oct 1-31st.  I know that this is a supply chain problem, and while AT&T should be able to press Apple as a supplier to give a more accurate accounting of it's inventory; I squarely put the blame on Apple for being so hyped about their product (a well deserved hype) however they are wholely unprepared and it turns me off as a consumer!

Message 124 of 1,264
Teacher

I had to also order mine over the phone but when I called they said it would be shipped through the 25th-27th
Message 125 of 1,264
Explorer

Ordered Iphone 5s 32g Gold on AT&T website when AT&T site opened early prior to launch time.  Received mine yesterday at 2:35 pm CST.  I had completed my order 7 minutes before the 12:01 am launch time.

Message 126 of 1,264
Teacher

Mine is out for delivery, woo! (32gb space grey from att premier)

Message 127 of 1,264
Tutor

@JWINDER That's awesome.  When did they update your status?  Did you get an email saying it was shipped?

Message 128 of 1,264
Explorer

16GB Gold

Sim card just changed from Back ordered to Processing!!

SHIP MY PHONE PLEASE HAHA

Message 129 of 1,264
Employee

I've skimmed through all this and didn't really see if anyone posted why the shipment dates are so crazy or if an explanation was given, so I'll just go ahead and try to give a bit of an explanation...

(If it was already posted, I do apologize.)

The shipment dates are just an estimation, and for customers that call in inquiring about it, they're told to pretty much ignore them and they won't have to wait two months to receive their phone.  It is in fact just an estimation because of how high in demand they are, especially with all three of the Gold phones. (At least this is what we're being told.)  Another thing we were informed of is that AT&T is/was basically just waiting for Apple to give them the "ok" to ship out the devices...  And you really can't blame AT&T for a lot of the things people are upset/complaining about. (Such as not being able to change the shipping address for an iPad or iPhone. That's Apple's policy, not AT&T's. Or the length of time it gets to receive a replacement phone through insurance. That's Asurion, not AT&T.)

Also, it clearly states before purchasing "*Your shipment dates may be subject to delays for reasons such as product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, etc." This happens pretty much all the time whenever Apple releases a new device, so this shouldn't really be a shocker.
Anywho!
On September 20th around 8:35am, when going to purchase from the AT&T website, it is said that the shipment dates range from 21-28 business days.  Fast forward to September 22nd around 10:00pm, the shipment dates now range from 28-42 business days. (This is for the Gold iPhone 5s, by the way.)

If you paid for over-night shipping (which, just so you know, it's overnight from when it leaves the warehouse to get to you. Not from when you place the order, which can take 24-48 hours to process as long as there isn't any problems regarding your order) you can call AT&T and speak with which ever department you ordered the phone from. If your device already shipped, they will refund you that shipping fee. If it has not yet shipped, they will create an escalation case so that you will be refunded as soon as it does ship.   ...just be prepared to be on the phone for a little bit since the volume of calls recently is insanely high.

I hope this helped!

Robot Very Happy

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 130 of 1,264

callmejeebus wrote:

16GB Gold

Sim card just changed from Back ordered to Processing!!

SHIP MY PHONE PLEASE HAHA

My order made the same change.  The detailed order has both the phone and SIM, Pending Shipment.  This looks like positive progress. 

AT&T and/or Apple need to look at how they communicate and process these release events.   

Should I start stalking the delivery trucks?

Message 131 of 1,264
Tutor

My SIM has changed from "Back Ordered" to "Pending Shipment"
Message 132 of 1,264
Explorer

Saturday my Sim Card went from Processing to Pending Shipment to Shipped all in a matter of a few hours.  ...And yes I did get an email stating that it had shipped along with a UPS tracking number. My phone went from Processing to Shipped. This is just a guess that the sim has to be prepared to ship with phone, so the sim reflects a different status. Until the ball started rolling on Saturday, my Status on Friday went from Oct 1 - Oct 30, to 7-28 days and then Shipped. Hope all this made since.

Message 133 of 1,264
Explorer

FYI - Be sure that you or someone is available to accept your phone upon delivery.  To my amazement, when I checked the UPS tracking site, my phone had been delivered to my doorstep.  Thankfully, I was able to get my neighbor to get it and hold at their house until I got home.  No signature required.  I don't know Fed Ex policy on delivery.  

Message 134 of 1,264
Contributor

I placed my order on sat 9/21 approx. 8:40 est. I had the sim card back order at first with the phone preparing to ship. Then on monday the sim card changed to processing as did the phone. On tuesday both the phone and sim card changed to shipped! Received confirmation email and tracking for weds. Delivery 9/25!

Space gray 64gb
Message 135 of 1,264
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support