Helpful Links

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Contributor

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered on from att onthe 21st  around 8  pm.  Shipped this morn 23rd , arrives tomorrow,  free shipping.  I got the whole back ordered, sim, and the email and ship date of 10/1.. But it's just them being over conservative on the arrival times expectations... They actually deliver faster.

32g space grey upgrade 5s

Message 106 of 1,264
Teacher

My order is now scheduled for delivery for tomorrow! Estimated shipping was 10/1-10/10

Message 107 of 1,264
Tutor

My new iPhone 5s was just delivered by FedEx - woohoo!!!

Message 108 of 1,264
Tutor

Hopad2001, which color got delivered?
Message 109 of 1,264

Update

Mine is now showing shipped with a delivery date of tomorrow, Gold 16Gb 5s.

Message 110 of 1,264
Tutor

I have the 32gb Silver

Message 111 of 1,264
Tutor

Johnnyzcar, what time you ordered your gold 5s?
Message 112 of 1,264

Mine still says Preparing to Ship on the phone and Backordered on the SIM.  I don't actually need a new SIM, so just send the phone. 

If this was actually just a "pre-order", they should have started taking orders for the 5S with the 5C.  I would have learned that my order was rediculously delayed, canceled my order, and stood in line on release day.  Instead I have paid for something that may not arrive for 4-5 weeks.  And I woke up at 2:AM for nothing (order completed at 2:26AM).  If Apple cannot handle their order inventory, then don't announce a release date.  I cannot believe my phone is backordered in the first 26 minutes.  That is the definition of ill prepared!

AT&T... I have been a very longtime customer.  But this stinks.  I am not a satisfied customer.  

THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!

Message 113 of 1,264
Expert

connectegr wrote:

Mine still says Preparing to Ship on the phone and Backordered on the SIM.  I don't actually need a new SIM, so just send the phone. 

If this was actually just a "pre-order", they should have started taking orders for the 5S with the 5C.  I would have learned that my order was rediculously delayed, canceled my order, and stood in line on release day.  Instead I have paid for something that may not arrive for 4-5 weeks.  And I woke up at 2:AM for nothing (order completed at 2:26AM).  If Apple cannot handle their order inventory, then don't announce a release date.  I cannot believe my phone is backordered in the first 26 minutes.  That is the definition of ill prepared!

AT&T... I have been a very longtime customer.  But this stinks.  I am not a satisfied customer.  

THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!

If it is anything like last year a back order on the sim shows that probably sold out. Apple was the one that decided they did not want to do a pre-order on the 5S, more then likely to see if they can push says of the cheap iphone. If you pre-order the gold the sits show they where sold out in record time, the retail outlets where out of them in less then a hour that was even at stores the enforced a limit of how many phone could be purchased.

Funny apple and online retailers had a large stock of 5C's, wonder which one apple was pushing.

Message 114 of 1,264

I actually gained access to At&t's website before 12:00am as well. I got in at 11:53pm. I wasn't able to complete my order though until 12:36am. I kept getting kicked out by the server. I ordered the 16gb Gold iphone 5S and I got an expected shipment date of 10/21/2013 to 10/30/2013 that day. I just checked my order status today and it says preparing to ship and it says backordered on the various sim. Shipping date changed as well between 10/01/2013 to 10/30/2013. So noticing the 1 month range for expected shipping makes me think that at&t does not know when they will have more iphone's in gold in stock. Its just a rough estimate and of course they say that the actual shipping date is not guaranteed.I'll post any updates.

Message 115 of 1,264
Expert

polydeuces wrote:

I actually gained access to At&t's website before 12:00am as well. I got in at 11:53pm. I wasn't able to complete my order though until 12:36am. I kept getting kicked out by the server. I ordered the 16gb Gold iphone 5S and I got an expected shipment date of 10/21/2013 to 10/30/2013 that day. I just checked my order status today and it says preparing to ship and it says backordered on the various sim. Shipping date changed as well between 10/01/2013 to 10/30/2013. So noticing the 1 month range for expected shipping makes me think that at&t does not know when they will have more iphone's in gold in stock. Its just a rough estimate and of course they say that the actual shipping date is not guaranteed.I'll post any updates.

Apple doesn't know either, they have stated that a ramp up of the gold iphones will be done at the manufacturing plant in china but it could be over a month due to constraints

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/09/19/apple-suppliers-to-boost-gold-iphone-production/

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/20/iphone-5s-gold-launch-demand/

Message 116 of 1,264
Contributor

want to cancel iPhone 5S order - ATT says no cancellations

Ordered phone minutes after online orders opened. web page said shipping 1-3 days. then my confirmation and order status each got longer - now it is back ordered and will be as much as 6 weeks - or more!!!

I want to cancel my order - actually just change the phone spec - but they say I can't.

ATT store has phone available for me - but won't give it unless my online order is cancelled.!

Ridiculous hostage taking.

This is my second problem with ATT internet orders (had one with the 5 last year). Apple is much easier. AND

friends say VERIZON is much better especially in San Francisco!!

Getting there.

Message 117 of 1,264
Voyager

Ordered mine at 430 am cst on 9/20. Gold 32 gb. My order says pending shipment, the phone no longer says backorder. Sim says backorder but this is my 4th iphone and it always says that until they scan it in and pack it in the phone. No ship date yet but this is progress!

Message 118 of 1,264
Voyager

Ordered my 32GB Space Gray on Sept 21 around 7:58 PM EST and was sitting at shipping date of 10/1 - 10/10. Just checked this morning and shipped FedEx with a delivery date of tomorrow 9/25 from Memphis TN.

Message 119 of 1,264
Scholar

In my experience ordering upgrades from AT&T, they always send me an email congratulating me on my new service with AT&T..blah, blah, blah.  This is usually after I've checked my order status to see that nothing has been shipped yet.  However, without fail, I'll get a shipment notification that same day.  So I pretty much just wait to see a "Welcome" email from AT&T to know my phone is getting ready to make the trek from Hong Kong.

YMMV, good luck.

We ordered 2 gold 64GB, with shipment planned for 7-10 busness days.

Message 120 of 1,264
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support