Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
6:33:49 AM
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 7:30:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

@nikaaah what was your estimate? 

@nikaaah what was your estimate? 

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

1141 of 1,264 (1,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 8:27:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
@robbie_3513 My estimate was late November to early December for shipping. Ended up shipping early november.
@robbie_3513 My estimate was late November to early December for shipping. Ended up shipping early november.

1142 of 1,264 (1,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 8:51:17 PM
(0)
Voyager

I've also been following this thread for awhile. I was planning on buying the Gold iPhone when it came out (waited in line at best buy starting at 12 AM), ended up signing up on a wait list and then loosing hope so I ordered the 32G Gold 5S through the next program on October 4th. I didn't realize AT&T had refunded the amount I paid until today when I checked my bank statement and noticed they charged me for $44 (tax amount). From what I've seen I'm hoping that means my phone will be shipped soon.

Still, I'm appalled and confused about those who had ordered days before I did who have yet to receive anything? I would do some serious complaining.

I've also been following this thread for awhile. I was planning on buying the Gold iPhone when it came out (waited in line at best buy starting at 12 AM), ended up signing up on a wait list and then loosing hope so I ordered the 32G Gold 5S through the next program on October 4th. I didn't realize AT&T had refunded the amount I paid until today when I checked my bank statement and noticed they charged me for $44 (tax amount). From what I've seen I'm hoping that means my phone will be shipped soon.

Still, I'm appalled and confused about those who had ordered days before I did who have yet to receive anything? I would do some serious complaining.

1143 of 1,264 (1,472 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 10:10:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ordered my Gold Iphone 5s on September 24th at the AT&T store. Still preparing to ship. My estimated shipping window is from Nov 1-Nov 22. It seems as though everyone that ordered the 32gb after I did is getting it before I do. I find that strange. Hopefully it comes soon

Ordered my Gold Iphone 5s on September 24th at the AT&T store. Still preparing to ship. My estimated shipping window is from Nov 1-Nov 22. It seems as though everyone that ordered the 32gb after I did is getting it before I do. I find that strange. Hopefully it comes soon

1144 of 1,264 (1,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 1:13:41 PM
(0)
Contributor

I ordered the gold iphone 5s 64gb on 10/04. The charged dropped off my checking account after a week. Monday, 11/04 the charged was back on my account, status was still "shipping between 11/13 - 12/03". 11/05 received email it shipped. 11/06 it shows on fedex it that it will arrive 11/07 by 8pm.

I live in NY and ordered thru ATT premier for my job.

Phone is shipping from Texas.Smiley Happy

I ordered the gold iphone 5s 64gb on 10/04. The charged dropped off my checking account after a week. Monday, 11/04 the charged was back on my account, status was still "shipping between 11/13 - 12/03". 11/05 received email it shipped. 11/06 it shows on fedex it that it will arrive 11/07 by 8pm.

I live in NY and ordered thru ATT premier for my job.

Phone is shipping from Texas.Smiley Happy

1145 of 1,264 (1,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 1:51:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

I ordered at at ATT store in NJ. The estimates are between 11/5 and 11/22. Att chat support asked me to enquire at the store. When i called the store they said that the order is pending and they have NO idea when it will ship. Getting frustrated. Cupertino really have bad forecasting techniques.

I ordered at at ATT store in NJ. The estimates are between 11/5 and 11/22. Att chat support asked me to enquire at the store. When i called the store they said that the order is pending and they have NO idea when it will ship. Getting frustrated. Cupertino really have bad forecasting techniques.

1146 of 1,264 (1,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 1:55:40 PM
(0)
Expert

sabujsengupta wrote:

called supply and demand, keep the supply low and the demand will be high

sabujsengupta wrote:

called supply and demand, keep the supply low and the demand will be high

1147 of 1,264 (1,211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 2:13:22 PM
(0)
Voyager

Just had to share my AT&T update.

So my gold 32g 5s arrived today (36 days after placing the order). Super excited...but I had trouble activating the phone (new number on our Premier account).  Never had trouble with iPhone activations before.  After 30 minutes with a Customer service rep...putting me on hold while she researched with other reps) she finally realized the phone number was no longer attached to the account because over a month had passed since it had been issued, and it had been released.

Oh AT&T. Either shorten your delivery times or extend your activation period. What a clusterF#$K of a phone rollout.

Anyway...super happy with the gold.  Definitely worth the wait.

Just had to share my AT&T update.

So my gold 32g 5s arrived today (36 days after placing the order). Super excited...but I had trouble activating the phone (new number on our Premier account).  Never had trouble with iPhone activations before.  After 30 minutes with a Customer service rep...putting me on hold while she researched with other reps) she finally realized the phone number was no longer attached to the account because over a month had passed since it had been issued, and it had been released.

Oh AT&T. Either shorten your delivery times or extend your activation period. What a clusterF#$K of a phone rollout.

Anyway...super happy with the gold.  Definitely worth the wait.

1148 of 1,264 (1,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 2:42:34 PM
(0)
Voyager

Ordered an iPhone 5s Gold 64 MB on 9-28 in an AT&T store using the Next program. 

My shipping estimate has remained: 10-6 - 10-26 - the customers 28 + business days.  It's 10-6 today and no update or sign of it shipping anytime soon.  

I'm really disappointed with Apple's iPhone 5s rollout. And AT&T is just making it worse by shipping handsets out of order!  I've seen multiple postings here showing other folks getting their identically configured devices by now.  AT&T won't even accommodate me if their store gets inventory before mine ships. Poor customer service if you ask me.

I guess I'm just another neglected AT&T customer. Time to cancel my order and find a carrier who cares about their customers!

Ordered an iPhone 5s Gold 64 MB on 9-28 in an AT&T store using the Next program. 

My shipping estimate has remained: 10-6 - 10-26 - the customers 28 + business days.  It's 10-6 today and no update or sign of it shipping anytime soon.  

I'm really disappointed with Apple's iPhone 5s rollout. And AT&T is just making it worse by shipping handsets out of order!  I've seen multiple postings here showing other folks getting their identically configured devices by now.  AT&T won't even accommodate me if their store gets inventory before mine ships. Poor customer service if you ask me.

I guess I'm just another neglected AT&T customer. Time to cancel my order and find a carrier who cares about their customers!

1149 of 1,264 (1,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 4:58:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

My Gold 32 5s arrived today  Ordered it on 10/3 online thru AT&T .  Was the very beginning of my ship window.  I got the email from AT&T that it shipped the day before it got here.

My Gold 32 5s arrived today  Ordered it on 10/3 online thru AT&T .  Was the very beginning of my ship window.  I got the email from AT&T that it shipped the day before it got here.

1150 of 1,264 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 5:43:16 PM
(0)
Voyager
Thanks for the update!! Congrats on your new phone. Still waiting here.

Ordered Gold 64GB via AT&T Premier & Next
Ordered On - 10/08
Shipping Date 11/15 - 12/5
Status - Phone - Preparing to Ship
- Various sim - Processing

My status has not changed since 10/9
No email, no status updates
Thanks for the update!! Congrats on your new phone. Still waiting here.

Ordered Gold 64GB via AT&T Premier & Next
Ordered On - 10/08
Shipping Date 11/15 - 12/5
Status - Phone - Preparing to Ship
- Various sim - Processing

My status has not changed since 10/9
No email, no status updates

1151 of 1,264 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 5:57:20 PM
(0)
Mentor
Ordered 10/9 32GB Gold model through ATT Premiere. Estimated shipping window 11/18-12/6. Still no status change.
Ordered 10/9 32GB Gold model through ATT Premiere. Estimated shipping window 11/18-12/6. Still no status change.

1152 of 1,264 (1,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 7:11:30 PM
(0)
Mentor

Still no updates Smiley Sad

Still no updates Smiley Sad

1153 of 1,264 (1,083 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 7:29:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

So my card was "charged" today (after the authorization fell off weeks ago)...I'm going to assume this is good news? I'm still not getting my hopes up...

64gb gold

ordered 9/23

44 days and counting...

So my card was "charged" today (after the authorization fell off weeks ago)...I'm going to assume this is good news? I'm still not getting my hopes up...

64gb gold

ordered 9/23

44 days and counting...

1154 of 1,264 (1,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 8:18:10 PM
(0)
Explorer
wang_dynasty Congrats!!! After reading your post I checked my card and I have a charge too! My hopes are up Smiley Very Happy

Ordered 9/23
64gb gold
wang_dynasty Congrats!!! After reading your post I checked my card and I have a charge too! My hopes are up Smiley Very Happy

Ordered 9/23
64gb gold

1155 of 1,264 (1,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 10:36:03 PM
(0)
Voyager

Just got an email saying my phone shipped. Order placed 10/4, Gold iPhone 5S 32GB. Right now nothing is showing up on the tracking info so not sure where it is at, but I'm happy none the less. 

Just got an email saying my phone shipped. Order placed 10/4, Gold iPhone 5S 32GB. Right now nothing is showing up on the tracking info so not sure where it is at, but I'm happy none the less. 

1156 of 1,264 (1,002 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 3:47:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

Does anyone think it has something to do with us ordering with AT&T next?

Does anyone think it has something to do with us ordering with AT&T next?

1157 of 1,264 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 4:50:32 AM
(0)
Tutor
Happy but frustrated.<br><br>Ordered 2 Gold 64gb phones on 10/11.<br>Finally after, almost a month, one of them was shipped today. I know others in this forum ordered way before me and Im sympathetic. Now I'm on the horn trying to figure out what's up with the other line - my wife's line. She's gonna be Less than happy. Good luck to all!
Happy but frustrated.<br><br>Ordered 2 Gold 64gb phones on 10/11.<br>Finally after, almost a month, one of them was shipped today. I know others in this forum ordered way before me and Im sympathetic. Now I'm on the horn trying to figure out what's up with the other line - my wife's line. She's gonna be Less than happy. Good luck to all!

1158 of 1,264 (933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 4:51:43 AM
(0)
Tutor
BTW, ordered with ATT Next.
BTW, ordered with ATT Next.

1159 of 1,264 (932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 4:52:56 AM
(0)
Tutor
Oh and no weird email days before it shipped, and no shipping confirmation email.
Oh and no weird email days before it shipped, and no shipping confirmation email.

1160 of 1,264 (931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 5:18:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
Just got off the phone with ATT PREMIER. They told me that each phone had a different web order number, even though I ordered simultaneously and the second line did not ship (he also told me my first line didn't ship either, but I have a tracking number). Then he said something like, "we ship on first come first serve basis" and "estivated ship times are 28-42 days." When I ordered I started with one line, and then proceeded to the the other upgrade. I hope it ships later today or tomorrow.
2 64GB Gold's ordered on 10/11
Just got off the phone with ATT PREMIER. They told me that each phone had a different web order number, even though I ordered simultaneously and the second line did not ship (he also told me my first line didn't ship either, but I have a tracking number). Then he said something like, "we ship on first come first serve basis" and "estivated ship times are 28-42 days." When I ordered I started with one line, and then proceeded to the the other upgrade. I hope it ships later today or tomorrow.
2 64GB Gold's ordered on 10/11

1161 of 1,264 (919 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 5:33:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
Also, no charges on the card. The authorization fell off weeks ago. Nothing makes. That is of course except the tracking number I have for my phone! My wife will have to wait. Sorry, babe! Yikes
Also, no charges on the card. The authorization fell off weeks ago. Nothing makes. That is of course except the tracking number I have for my phone! My wife will have to wait. Sorry, babe! Yikes

1162 of 1,264 (917 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:39:56 AM
(0)
Tutor

Well my estimate is Nov. 04-22 so would I have it by the 22nd.

Well my estimate is Nov. 04-22 so would I have it by the 22nd.

1163 of 1,264 (893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 8:48:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

Been following this thread for awhile, finally received an update when I checked my order status.

I ordered 32GB iPhone 5s Gold on October 7th at around 6pm. They shipped it yesterday and should receive it tomorrow. It's coming from Memphis, TN.

I should note though that I never once received any email communication, confirmation, or shipping update email from AT&T. I actually had to call them two weeks after ordering just to verify that my order had gone through correctly. And I was given est. shipping from Oct. 28 - Nov. 14. 

Frustrating, but very happy to finally be getting it.

Been following this thread for awhile, finally received an update when I checked my order status.

I ordered 32GB iPhone 5s Gold on October 7th at around 6pm. They shipped it yesterday and should receive it tomorrow. It's coming from Memphis, TN.

I should note though that I never once received any email communication, confirmation, or shipping update email from AT&T. I actually had to call them two weeks after ordering just to verify that my order had gone through correctly. And I was given est. shipping from Oct. 28 - Nov. 14. 

Frustrating, but very happy to finally be getting it.

1164 of 1,264 (828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 9:10:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Ordered Gold 32gb iPhone 5s on 9/26 at an AT&T store.

No update, still "preparing to ship," today is day 42.

Really discouraging seeing people get shipping information and even their phones when they ordered the exam same model as me over a week after me.

This doesn't make sense and I'm becoming very aggitated.

Ordered Gold 32gb iPhone 5s on 9/26 at an AT&T store.

No update, still "preparing to ship," today is day 42.

Really discouraging seeing people get shipping information and even their phones when they ordered the exam same model as me over a week after me.

This doesn't make sense and I'm becoming very aggitated.

1165 of 1,264 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 9:18:37 AM
(0)
Contributor
@Lapointe23 I also ordered in store. That's very disappointing to hear that I'll be receiving mine before you. I would be very angry with AT&T. How is that fair? Ugh.
@Lapointe23 I also ordered in store. That's very disappointing to hear that I'll be receiving mine before you. I would be very angry with AT&T. How is that fair? Ugh.

1166 of 1,264 (802 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 10:37:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

I ordered the Gold 64G on Oct 5th.  Without any notifications and not knowing it shipped, it was received today via USPS, so happy!

I ordered the Gold 64G on Oct 5th.  Without any notifications and not knowing it shipped, it was received today via USPS, so happy!

1167 of 1,264 (740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 10:52:54 AM
(0)
Mentor

Ordered on 10/9 32GB Gold through ATT Premiere. Shipping window was 11/18-12/6. Just checked my status and I have tracking UPS information but still showing "In Progress"

Ordered on 10/9 32GB Gold through ATT Premiere. Shipping window was 11/18-12/6. Just checked my status and I have tracking UPS information but still showing "In Progress"

1168 of 1,264 (724 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 11:02:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

excited for those who've got their tracking number! I know mine is coming very soon. 

@ceelo have you tracked it? What does it say? 

excited for those who've got their tracking number! I know mine is coming very soon. 

@ceelo have you tracked it? What does it say? 

1169 of 1,264 (715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 11:10:30 AM
(0)
Mentor
@Robbie_3513 Yea tracking shows:

InTransit UPS 2nd Day Air

Last Location:
Fort Worth, TX, United States, Thursday, 11/07/2013