Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Teacher

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

I have a feeling these dates will change quite a bit as they figure out their stock statuses.  Possibly numeorus times a day,  Mine also says preparing to ship as well, and has also changed from 10-21 - 10-31 to 10-1 - 10-10, thats a good thing because I can sell my iphone 5 to gazelle now! 

Message 32 of 1,264 (5,714 Views)
Tutor

I have the same status and I ordered mine at 2:00 AM. However it also says ship dates between 10/1-10/30? I should have went through Apple as well.
Message 35 of 1,264 (5,701 Views)
Tutor

Well....I ordered myself a Iphone 5 S 64 Gold right out of the box a 12:05am Calif time and was given a 10-1 to 10-31 shipping date. I felt that 4 to 6 weeks timeframe is nuts!

I called in and cancelled my order...

now my contract date is still out of wack can I expect it will get corrected once a program is run???

Message 36 of 1,264 (5,699 Views)
Teacher

Ordered the space grey iphone 5s 16GB right at 3 am eastern.  Status says preparing for shipment, but ship date says 10/1-10/31.  Hoping the system is being overly conservative with its dates.   I will not be happy if I have to wait until mid-late October.  Should have ordered from the Apple store. 

Message 38 of 1,264 (5,696 Views)
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Ordered Gold iphone 5s,  at 2:51 AM EST with Overnight Delivery,  got email at 5AM saying 10/01/2013 to 10/30/2013 for the shipping window,  

Item status shows preparing to ship,   and the Sim Back-ordered ?

Message 39 of 1,264 (5,669 Views)
Teacher

i have the same "preparing to ship"
Message 40 of 1,264 (5,648 Views)
Tutor

i hope this is the case bc thats what mines says...

Message 43 of 1,264 (5,609 Views)
Voyager

I ordered a 16 GB gray one at 6 AM EST. I received a text saying that it was processed and send to the warehouse for shipping. I later received an e-mail with a delivery estimate from Oct. 1 - Oct. 31.

Message 46 of 1,264 (5,495 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Now that most of us have seen our order status update to 10-1 to 10-10, it makes sense because 7 business days would be 10-1 and 14 business days would be 10-10, so I am fully expecting mine to come in that time period, makes sense from what the orginal email said to us!

Message 47 of 1,264 (5,484 Views)

I ordered 1 gold 16gb and one slate 16gb. I had a really hard time ordering them as I kept getting that they couldn't find my account. I started trying to order around 3:00am (eastern) and finally ordered through the my AT&T app around 4. I have no idea why it was being so fussy but I was getting really annoyed. Ship date first showed 10/1-10/10 and its now changes to 10/1-10/30 so mine has gone opposite. These ones were ordered for my parents, and off a business account. I was really anointed to miss the 1-3 days for these off the apple site.

I also ordered a 16gb silver off the apple site on a different account. This one went through just fine and my order is still processing on their site with a 1-3 day ship date. I haven't found anyone yet on the apple site that had switched to preparing up ship or shipped yet.
Message 48 of 1,264 (5,430 Views)

[ Edited ]

So basically they just dont have these things in stock otherwise if they were in stock I can't see it taking 2-4 weeks to ship an item. Beyond me how this stuff can happen when they know how these phone releases go.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Message 49 of 1,264 (5,410 Views)
Master

One thing to keep in mind they have to divide the stock to supply all the carriers,Apple Stores,and retail chains they have contracts with and now that problem multiplies with the new countries they added to the list.

I am sure they would love to sell everyone a phone that walks in or orders on line ASAP but the reality is they can only supply so many each week and complicating things now is color choice.

Message 50 of 1,264 (5,360 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

johnnyzcar wrote:

So basically they just dont have these things in stock otherwise if they were in stock I can't see it taking 2-4 weeks to ship an item. Beyond me how this stuff can happen when they know how these phone releases go.

[Inappropriate content removed]

blame Apple, they are the ones that shorted 5S stock to all carriers, including those outside of the US, stopped in a att store this evening that is run by a friend of mine to see how it was going and to take her out for dinner, they sold out of the 5S's quickly, but they still have a number of the 5C's left and those have been on sale doe two days. It does not matter in the least that the carriers know, the supply is controlled by Apple and Apple alone, don;t blame att, verizon, sprint or t-mobile for the lack of devices - write a nasty note to apple since they are responsible. the international trade papers are saying the the gold iphone (sold out first) will not be available until late october or early november.

One news report showed a video of a person walking out of Apples store in Covent Gardens with 4 phones, then putting up a sign stating that he would sell the iphones for 2000 Euro each, there are iphone 5s on ebay running from 899.00 for a 16GB to over 2000.00 US dollars

Message 51 of 1,264 (5,340 Views)
Voyager

iPhone 5s Status...

Ordered mine this morning ET. Status:In Progress...... Has anyone shipped yet?

Message 44 of 1,264 (5,418 Views)
Expert

Re: iPhone 5s Status...

Negc wrote:

Ordered mine this morning ET. Status:In Progress...... Has anyone shipped yet?

would be unusual to see any shipped today since it normally takes at least 1 business day to process, pack and load on to the truck, although those that got their order in right after12:01 AM PT might

Message 52 of 1,264 (5,327 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.