Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Expert

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

KumiteKing wrote:

I trust what I was told, it's a logical way to do it with a limited supply of phones. And just because you have a million posts does not mean I have to answer to you and give you names. Maybe you should change your name to NSA.

/rofl you funny fellow, sorry I don;t trust anything that is not documented and validated, other then that it is just rumors, after all if itis on the internet is has to be true. Hey you knowI read on a site that apple has 10,000 gold 5S sitting in a warehouse in the phillipines and they will not release them until the sales of the 5C climb mid october

My business requires that everything be validated, documented and verified, we take no ones word on anything.

Message 316 of 1,264
Expert

wavesplitter wrote:
USPS is so slow. my gold iphone when i track it says delivery tomorrow. but updates on tracking is turtle slow. its says still in route to sorting facility for a day now. i payed for overnight and i got usps. fingers crossed

USPS priority is delivery within 1 to 3 business days

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Message 317 of 1,264
Teacher

UUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Smiley Mad

Message 318 of 1,264
Explorer

If this is true, then it does not apply to all new subscribers. I went in to my local AT&T store with my wife on 9/20 at about 5 PM and she, a subscriber for so long that she still has unlimited data, ordered a 16GB space grey 5S and I started my own account, switching over from Verizon and ordered the 16GB gold 5S. She got her new phone on Tuesday. My order status is still "Prepaing to Ship" for the phone and "Processing" for Various SIM.

I figured that I was going to get my phone earlier than returning customers, too, but it looks like I have to wait in line just like everybody else.

Message 319 of 1,264
Scholar

I went into a local AT&T store Monday evening and ordered the 16gb Space Gray. As of this morning I have a UPS tracking number. Not bad seeing my original scheduled dilevery was for the end of October. It's coming UPS Next Day Air Saver so I should see it by Monday. 

Message 320 of 1,264
Mentor

@arkangelsk that's how mine reads. I've seen the 16 GB gold to be the most scares.
Message 321 of 1,264
Mentor

@Wise87 Since you chose the space gray you would get yours quickly. Anyone who go a white iphone 5S is going to have to wait longer due to demand.
Message 322 of 1,264
Explorer

I spoke to an online agent yesterday to ask how their shipping is working, especially since everyone seems to be getting theirs earlier then their original shipping dates. Mine was scheduled to come in between 21-30th, but the agent said the dates are exaggerated and it would come between 7-14 days that I sent in the order and to expect a tracking number that day since it was the 7th day. Sounded a little too good to be true, so I checked with another agent and they said to still expect it 21-30th. Thanks AT&T, now I don't know who to believe. 

Message 323 of 1,264
Teacher

when you order
Message 324 of 1,264
Employee

The shipment dates are just an estimation, and for customers that call in inquiring about it, they're told to pretty much ignore them and they won't have to wait two months to receive their phone.  It is in fact just an estimation because of how high in demand they are, especially with all three of the Gold phones.

Also, it clearly states before purchasing "*Your shipment dates may be subject to delays for reasons such as product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, etc." This happens pretty much all the time whenever Apple releases a new device, so this shouldn't really be a shocker.
(You would think Apple would get with the program and do something to fix the madness for how often this happens.)

If you paid for over-night shipping you can call AT&T and speak with which ever department you ordered the phone from. If your device already shipped, they will refund you that shipping fee. If it has not yet shipped, they will create an escalation case so that you will be refunded as soon as it does ship.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 325 of 1,264
Voyager

hey new here but i have been following this thread for the past week

anyway, i upgraded to the iphone gold 64gb on the 20th at 3:16 am EASTERN time.. and my order has seem to been taking forever

i had a ship date of oct 1 - oct31

on tuesday , the sim changed from BACKORDERED to proccessing

today i check and i see this

so hopefuly this means its comming next week. hope you all get yours next week as welll. 

Message 326 of 1,264

I ordered on the 20th, I think about 12:15 am Pacific time.  I selected the 64gb Gold.  Up until today, my order status simply said it would ship 10/1-10/30.  Today, Saturday the 28th, I received a FedEx tracking number update from AT&T and FedEx indicates it will be delivered on Monday the 30th.  Note I did not select overnight shipping.  But I am on some sort of discount plan for being a state employee so maybe that has some bearing.  Anyway, just wanted to let you know so you can keep hope alive that shipping does in fact occur on Saturdays.

Message 327 of 1,264
Mentor

@rjay86 wow you're in luck. I'm still waiting for my 16GB to be shipped. Order placed on the 20th
Message 328 of 1,264
Expert

EP7ERA wrote:
@Wise87 Since you chose the space gray you would get yours quickly. Anyone who go a white iphone 5S is going to have to wait longer due to demand.

you mean the gold Iphone 5S? there is no pure white, only silver, slate grey and gold

Message 329 of 1,264
Explorer

gold iPhone 5S just shipped with FedEx - will deliver Monday

Purchased at 7:00 ET (4 hours after release).

Message 330 of 1,264
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support