Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Teacher

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:

that is a estimate, you will not get the true shipping time until you place the order and recieve the confirmation email, at this point the system has no idea what the available stock is until the order has been completed and logged on the commerce server

I am comparing Att.com estimates with Apple.com estimates. What are you comparing?

Nobody knows the actual shipping dates yet (for neither). But apple.com has done a better job shipping stuff faster in the past because it is their devices and their supply chain.

Message 16 of 1,264 (15,087 Views)
Teacher

just got my email in the last hour, 32gb black says 10-21 - 10-31.  I am guessing these dates will change as the system gets updated. I hopefully expect it in less time, but we will see.  If not no big deal, but what really sucks is the fact that I am at work and people are still walking in my local store and picking up 5S's as of just a few minutes ago! 

Message 17 of 1,264 (14,999 Views)
Tutor

I need my 32gb silver Iphone 5s before my quoted shipping dates of 10/21 as I have a Gazzelle.com offer of $225.00 for my Iphone 4s that expires on 10/15.....one of the main reasons of ordering at 2:55am EST.

Message 18 of 1,264 (14,964 Views)
Scholar

I ordered the 64GB Silver iPhone 5S via the Apple site at 3:06AM and my estimated delivery is Sept 27th-Oct. 1st. My order status is currently "Processing Items". So glad I went through Apple and not AT&T. I feel bad for you guys. :/
Message 19 of 1,264 (14,959 Views)
Teacher

I feel bad for me too lol, a month is a long time to wait!  Wish I would have went to apple first as well, not sure why I didnt think of that with all the long waits I have had in the past with ATT!

Message 20 of 1,264 (14,922 Views)
Teacher

Mine says preparing to ship as well, hard to prepare when it very well isprobably still being made in China!
Message 21 of 1,264 (14,872 Views)
Expert

Fabu wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

that is a estimate, you will not get the true shipping time until you place the order and recieve the confirmation email, at this point the system has no idea what the available stock is until the order has been completed and logged on the commerce server

I am comparing Att.com estimates with Apple.com estimates. What are you comparing?

Nobody knows the actual shipping dates yet (for neither). But apple.com has done a better job shipping stuff faster in the past because it is their devices and their supply chain.

what estimate from att are you comparing to the website - the one you got when you actually placed your order and it was accepted by the commerce server, the one that you link from the apple site has no basis in accuracy, you will not know what the actual ship / delivery date of the the device, until you recieve confirmation of the purchase it is not accurate. From what you provide they may have been 100 left in stock when you start but when you press purchase and fill in the billing information you where number 101 on the list.

I am comparing actual shipping dates to "estimates" just becasue it tells you "estimaed shipping date 7 to 10 days" the key word is estimate, not actual.

Message 22 of 1,264 (14,840 Views)

ATT told me if I went through the Apple site I wouldnt get the 2 yr contract discount .

Message 23 of 1,264 (14,832 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

johnnyzcar wrote:

ATT told me if I went through the Apple site I wouldnt get the 2 yr contract discount .

funny, that has never been the case before and considering the Apple web store is showing the 2 year discounted price don;t think that comment was accurate

Message 24 of 1,264 (14,828 Views)
Teacher

So the 10/21 - 10/30 estimated ship had me wanting to know what was going on since I had "preparing to ship" status I spoke to Jordan customer premier rep and she told me that my phone will arrive within 10 business days.  The month window is only to allow them time to get product.  If you see "preparing to ship" and not "processing"  I would not be suprised if phones arrived sometime next week.

Message 25 of 1,264 (14,754 Views)
Scholar

We ordered 2 Gold 64GB phones through the Apple Store app, at 3:10 AM EDT.  Shipping estimate for both is 7-10 business days.  According to MacRumors...the Gold 64GB model went to "Shipping in October" after 28 minutes of going on sale.

Apple has notoriously been easier to order from, than AT&T, and also the shipping estimates are worst case scenario.  I'm betting it ships early to mid next week, with delivery on 9/30 - 10/4.

Current status is "Processing Items"

Message 26 of 1,264 (14,749 Views)
Teacher

now it changed from 10/21 to 10/01 which isn't all that bad, but i expected something a bit earlier.
Message 27 of 1,264 (14,565 Views)
Teacher

Yes same here my shipping changed to 10/1 but I am still showing preparing to ship on my status order.  Anybody else have this order status?

Message 28 of 1,264 (14,542 Views)
Tutor

I ordered my phone at 3:15 this morning, the status now is from Oct 1- Oct 31. 

Message 29 of 1,264 (14,453 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

ordered the iPhone 5S 64GB space gray/black at 2:55 AM it changed from 10/21/13 -10/30/13 to 10/01/13 -10/10/13

Message 30 of 1,264 (14,440 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.