Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Mentor

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Man they are blowing it! Just hope they get out soon @KumiteKing @pink525 hope they update some info today! Post if yours gets updated!
Message 256 of 1,264 (1,673 Views)
Explorer

Not seeing alot of joyous news from this forum today.  Yesterday was a flurry of shipping.  Wonder if all has gone dark?Smiley Sad

Message 257 of 1,264 (1,670 Views)
Mentor

ok sure will, lets all hope to hear something by today :-)
Message 258 of 1,264 (1,655 Views)
Mentor

Its still relatively early, I have hope that mine may ship today

Message 259 of 1,264 (1,651 Views)
Mentor

I know huh @pamski Hopefully its just early in the day and they haven't updated anything but as of the bad news lately trying not to get my hopes up!
Message 260 of 1,264 (1,616 Views)
Tutor

Not sure if this is true or not, but AT&T does not ship the iPhones and that Apple ships them.

I've seen a person who ordered a 64GB Gold on the 22nd and got it on the 24th, seen another person who ordered a 32GB gold on 4:30 PM EDT on the 20th receving their phone on the 26th... I don't see a trend here and it seems like it is random?

Message 261 of 1,264 (1,615 Views)
Mentor

Huh thanks for the info! @Brickant
Message 262 of 1,264 (1,599 Views)
Mentor

@Brickant that is puzzling. I always regret ordering with AT&T just because of their shipping dilemmas.
Message 263 of 1,264 (1,593 Views)
Teacher

You're the first with these random statements that I've seen... Everything else seems to be in pretty in line and in bulk. Yesterday we saw a lot of shippings for Gold 64 GB's and some silvers. Apple and AT&T will have seperate inventory, these will be shipped out by AT&T.

As far as the 'charges disapearing' on peoples bank accounts, what is this, your first online order? lol. When you order/purchase something with a card anywhere an authorization is created in the amount of the order to 'reserve funds', thus lowering your available balance only. If these 'reserved funds' are not collected on by the merchant typically within 3-5 business days the authorization will be removed and the funds made available again by your bank. Meaning when your phone ships you will not see the transaction go into a pending state a second time, you'll just wake up one morning and you'll see the full transaciton posted to your account.

Message 264 of 1,264 (1,587 Views)
Explorer

@Brickant I'm pretty sure that's not correct. Atleast not from my past experiences with the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5. AT&T shipped them. I want to say from Texas. The packaging outside and inside were all AT&T. Apple ships differently.
Message 265 of 1,264 (1,583 Views)
Mentor

@JohnathanK I figured something was off. The 16GB gold is what I've seen to be progressing slowly.
Message 266 of 1,264 (1,577 Views)
Tutor

@JoshW85 @JonathanK: I just spoke to a representative regarding why others that ordered on AT&T days later got their phones first, and the representative said that Apple ships the phones out and that AT&T doesn't. But like I've said not sure if that is true or not. So I would assume that I just got lied to by the representative...

But going back on my first post, the person who ordered at 4:30PM on the 20th and the 22nd ordered on the AT&T website.

This is quoted from someone else:

"1) Confirmation email at 3:06am EDT launch day with estimated "7-28 business days"
2) Web site Order status - expected Shipment date between Oct 1 and Oct 30th
3) Web site Order status - Phone status - indicating "Preparing to Ship", SIM status indicating "Backordered"
4) Web site Order status - Phone status - indicating "Preparing to Ship", SIM status indicating "Processing"
5) Web site Order status - Phone status and SIM status both indicating "Processing"
6) Web site Order status - Carrier changed to "FEDX" and Tracking Number with "Pending Shipment"
7) Final email from AT&T with Order Shipment Notification and Tracking #."

Message 267 of 1,264 (1,571 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

That def seems like the correct order from what I've read as well. I've read some people say USPS. I'll be upset if my phone doesn't come by fedex lol. My status has shown as 'preparing to ship' since yesterday morning now.

Message 268 of 1,264 (1,550 Views)
Explorer

[ Edited ]

@Brickant I don't necessarily think you got lied to. I'd say a lot of representatives just aren't sure. I'm almost 100% positive the phone WILL be shipped by AT&T. You'll know just from where it's shipped from, and what's inside the brown shipping box. When you buy from Apple, they don't include AT&T branded paperwork, return label, and so on. I'm not one to assume someone intentionally lied. I usually believe they told you what they thought was true. But again, it will be AT&T and not Apple that ships you the phone. Again, this is based on my 4 and 5 orders.

Message 269 of 1,264 (1,548 Views)
Mentor

@joshw85 my order has been saying preparing to ship for 3 days now and no change lol....i just really want my phone!

Message 270 of 1,264 (1,508 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.