Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Teacher

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Message 1 of 1,264 (19,771 Views)
Teacher

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]

in my case I ordered at 2:55 AM, everything was looking good, but now it says the SIM is backordered. What bull crap is that? with a 10/21/2013 shipment date. Hope is a typo. and it means 9/21.

Message 2 of 1,264 (15,374 Views)
Teacher

I know that everytime I have ordered in the past it will always say sim is backordered, it will change to shipped when phone ships. I am surprised though that you are over a month out! Thats pretty crazy! I bet I am as far out too, btw I ordered black 32gb.
Message 3 of 1,264 (15,346 Views)
Teacher

ordered the black 32gb too.
Message 4 of 1,264 (15,341 Views)
Teacher

Great, guess I am at least a month out if not more! Oh well, I am good with my jailbroke 5 for the time being, it will get here when it gets here!
Message 5 of 1,264 (15,330 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I ordered two phones within minutes of release time:

- 16GB gold est shipping says Oct 1st to 30th

- 32GB silver says Oct 27 to 30th

I should have used apple.com instead. It had 1 to 3 business days after I placed my order on att.com.

Message 6 of 1,264 (15,274 Views)
Tutor

Ordered 64GB 5S black, SIM back ordered 10/21-10/27.  ordered 3:03am.  If you go through Apple right now, it says 7-10 business days so I am hoping thats its just being wierd

Message 7 of 1,264 (15,265 Views)
Contributor

Ordered my black 5S at 2:50am through AT&T, the site kept auto-refreshing and let me in early for whatever reason. I then got the confirmation email where my status was "Pending Confirmation" with an estimate of 7-28 day shipping range. Finally emailed me at 9 this morning and updated the shipping date from 10/1 to 10/10.

Message 8 of 1,264 (15,264 Views)
Tutor

I placed my order at 2:55 AM EST for a Silver 32gb Iphone 5S and my confirmation e-mail was 7-14 days and now at 8:32EST I get an updated e-mail that shipping will now be between 10/21 - 10/31 --- I should've ordered from Apple as I knew ATT would screw things up! They always do!

Message 9 of 1,264 (15,261 Views)
Teacher

For some odd reason and I thought I was in luck I got in at 255 and ordered space grey 32gb.  When I woke up this morning my email said oct/21-oct28 after I was told 7-10 days.  Now I track order it says "preparing for shipment" this could me they are just folding a box and setting it aside until the end of october.  Who knows..

Message 10 of 1,264 (15,212 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Fabu wrote:

I ordered two phones within minutes of release time:

- 16GB gold est shipping says Oct 1st to 30th

- 32GB silver says Oct 27 to 30th

I should have used apple.com instead. It had 1 to 3 business days after I placed my order on att.com.

Other forums are showing Apple is quoting the same delievery time, they sold out early also. Apple is nortorious for short stocking. Been reported at one Apple location they limited the total number purchased by an individual to 2 and handed out cards to the people waiting in line, after the last card was handed out they told the rest of the people to go home since there where no more.

Funny thing, they had plenty of 5C stock available but no one wanted them.

Message 11 of 1,264 (15,207 Views)
Tutor

Actually Apple is still showing a 7-10 business day ship time for most models, which is 10/1-10/4.  So something wonky is going on
wingrider01 wrote:

Other forums are showing Apple is quoting the same delievery time, they sold out early also. Apple is nortorious for short stocking. Been reported at one Apple location they limited the total number purchased by an individual to 2 and handed out cards to the people waiting in line, after the last card was handed out they told the rest of the people to go home since there where no more.

Funny thing, they had plenty of 5C stock available but no one wanted them.

Message 12 of 1,264 (15,172 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

As of now the 32GB silver is shipping in 7 to 10 bdays. that is way better than Oct 27th. Dont you think?

This same thing happened to me when I order 3GS. I learned my lesson for 4S. I thought att.com would improve on 5S. But aparently I was mistaken.

I am not going to cancel my order on att.com. I will never use them again for upgrade.

Message 13 of 1,264 (15,173 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

Fabu wrote:

As of now the 32GB silver is shipping in 7 to 10 bdays. that is way better than Oct 27th. Dont you think?

This same thing happened to me when I order 3GS. I learned my lesson for 4S. I thought att.com would improve on 5S. But aparently I was mistaken.

I am not going to cancel my order on att.com. I will never use them again for upgrade.

that is a estimate, you will not get the true shipping time until you place the order and recieve the confirmation email, at this point the system has no idea what the available stock is until the order has been completed and logged on the commerce server

Message 14 of 1,264 (15,117 Views)

Put in order at 2:55 AM for Gold 16GB and was done in a few minutes. Mine says shipping 10-1 to 10-31,

Message 15 of 1,264 (15,092 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.