Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Teacher

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Expected Shipping Date 11/1/2013 - 11/21/2013  Ordered through ATT Web site  Premire Order on September 24. Its in FEDEXs hands and will be delivered tomorrow. 

Message 1216 of 1,264 (1,646 Views)
Scholar

It's hard to believe those that ordered so close to launch day are getting screwed. But at least you guys are finally getting your shipments. Congrats and enjoy
Message 1217 of 1,264 (1,635 Views)
Voyager

For those of you that ordered in Sep and still have no update, it's almost worth canceling and reodering. It's AWFUL and I'm guessing the reason that there is no consistency concerning when you ordered vs when you get it, is less about where or how you ordered but perhaps where you live? Perhaps there are multiple distribution centers in the country?? Not sure about that but what I do know is that it appears that people who are ordering now have a very reasonable and normal shipping time. UNFAIR!!! The only reason that I won't switch is because 1. people at Verizon seem to be going through the same thing. I think it was more Apple than the cell phone companies initially 2. No other carrier allows internet use while you're on the phone unless you're connected to wifi and that's a biggie for me 3. I can use my phone with ease when I travel abroad... another biggie for me. Aside from that I can understand switching. The other option is always canceling and reordering. It seems that people have had better luck with that.  

Message 1218 of 1,264 (1,629 Views)
Scholar

Apple Store online shipping times have changed to 1-2 weeks also. Some stores even have the gold in stock.
Message 1219 of 1,264 (1,631 Views)
Scholar

It seems to be a trend with the AT&T Next orders too. For whatever reason they seem to take a lot longer to ship, according to this thread. But as I've said before, if someone is not ordering through AT&T Next, it's worth it just to cancel the order and track one down in store or order from Apple. No way would I be waiting this long (30+ days) for it, unless I just wanted to do the Next program and didn't have a choice but to go through AT&T.
Message 1220 of 1,264 (1,624 Views)

rarebeauty wrote:
It seems to be a trend with the AT&T Next orders too. For whatever reason they seem to take a lot longer to ship, according to this thread. But as I've said before, if someone is not ordering through AT&T Next, it's worth it just to cancel the order and track one down in store or order from Apple. No way would I be waiting this long (30+ days) for it, unless I just wanted to do the Next program and didn't have a choice but to go through AT&T.

@rarebeauty I tend to agree with your observation. I ordered via ATT next on 9/23 and I'm still sitting in "preparing to ship" limbo. I would've ordered through Apple but you cannot do the next program through them; only ATT. I'm going on 50 (calendar) days now...36 business days. Ridiculous.

Message 1221 of 1,264 (1,615 Views)
Tutor

But i called and tried to cancel and they told me you cannot cancel after 24 days of ordering? I dont know what to do going on day 47 with still preparing to ship.
Message 1222 of 1,264 (1,605 Views)
Scholar

@Dyjhae1, they probably have a different policy for the Next program because you should be able to cancel your order as long as you have not been charged for it and it hasn't shipped. But from my understanding, when you use the Next program, you start seeing the installments on your bill the very next month. So maybe that's why they won't let you cancel? I don't know.
Message 1223 of 1,264 (1,522 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes mine finally shipped!
Ordered on 9/25 and expected to be here tomorrow so if it actually comes by tomorrow, I would have waited exactly 7 weeks(35 business days) since I placed my order. 

yesterday I saw that AT&T charged my account for the phone and I checked my order status today and said shipped

Message 1224 of 1,264 (1,491 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

@harrisonguyen did u order via att premier or regular and was it a next order?

Message 1225 of 1,264 (1,332 Views)
Teacher

Well got it and love.  ( but sorta wondering why we wanted a gold one when first thing we'll slap a case on it that covers all the gold part). Couple of things, remember a 5 case will not work, on the 5 s the earphone jack has been moved to the bottom. And to activate it you do not have to full writing all the sim idma numbers down.  Just call the 1 800 number and select option 1. 

Message 1226 of 1,264 (1,306 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

@tcc8372, iPhone 5 cases do work with the 5s because the headphone jack is in the same spot. They are also the same size. The only cases people might run into a problem with are the Otterbox Defender cases made for the iPhone 5 since the home button is covered. But they have now made a Defender case specifically for the 5s with the home button cut out.

Message 1227 of 1,264 (1,299 Views)

[ Edited ]

@wmincey9 It was a regular order, over the phone

Message 1228 of 1,264 (1,269 Views)
Tutor

Got mine shipped finally ordered 9/25/13... Smiley Happy

Shipped 11/12/13 maybe delivering 11/15 or 11/14 departed USPS Sorting Facility

Message 1229 of 1,264 (1,240 Views)
Tutor

Mazer what was your expecting shipping dates and how did you order?
Message 1230 of 1,264 (1,224 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.