Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
6:33:49 AM
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 3:30:30 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Nickaaahh on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:34:34 PM

Ordered iPhone 5S GOLD 32GIG on OCTOBER 5th....

Still have not received any information on when it will be shipped, i'm still stuck with an estimate.

Ordered iPhone 5S GOLD 32GIG on OCTOBER 5th....

Still have not received any information on when it will be shipped, i'm still stuck with an estimate.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
871 of 1,264 (1,629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 3:51:29 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by rarebeauty on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:53:49 PM

@invione, When I canceled my order, my upgrade restored within about 2 mins. But I ordered from Apple.com. From my understanding, if you have not already been charged for the phone, you can cancel and your upgrade will be almost instantly available. I canceled my order and picked up a 32GB Gold 5S at my local Apple store using their online in-store pick up option. If you still aren't sure, chat with a rep and I'm sure they will let you know. Good luck! 

@invione, When I canceled my order, my upgrade restored within about 2 mins. But I ordered from Apple.com. From my understanding, if you have not already been charged for the phone, you can cancel and your upgrade will be almost instantly available. I canceled my order and picked up a 32GB Gold 5S at my local Apple store using their online in-store pick up option. If you still aren't sure, chat with a rep and I'm sure they will let you know. Good luck! 

[ Edited ]
872 of 1,264 (1,621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 7:42:24 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by wang_dynasty on Oct 18, 2013 at 7:43:07 PM

@Nickaaahh there are many of us that ordered within the first 2-3 days of launch that still haven't gotten our phones, yet. i'm seeing orders that were placed AFTER mine getting their shipping notifications and I'm here still waiting...next wednesday will officially be 30 days since i placed my order.

@Nickaaahh there are many of us that ordered within the first 2-3 days of launch that still haven't gotten our phones, yet. i'm seeing orders that were placed AFTER mine getting their shipping notifications and I'm here still waiting...next wednesday will officially be 30 days since i placed my order.

[ Edited ]
873 of 1,264 (1,547 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 7:44:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

It's pretty messed up the people who ordered close to launch day got screwed. 

It's pretty messed up the people who ordered close to launch day got screwed. 

874 of 1,264 (1,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 8:28:09 PM
(0)
Voyager

I ordered on the 27 of September. Says mine should be here tomorrow. I got the gold Iphone 16gb. YAY!

I ordered on the 27 of September. Says mine should be here tomorrow. I got the gold Iphone 16gb. YAY!

875 of 1,264 (1,526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 8:57:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

Congrats to everyone who got their phones or are receiving the. Soon. Glad to hear people are finally getting their shipments. 

Congrats to everyone who got their phones or are receiving the. Soon. Glad to hear people are finally getting their shipments. 

876 of 1,264 (1,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 4:45:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
It's been pretty quiet lately. Any new updates?
It's been pretty quiet lately. Any new updates?

877 of 1,264 (1,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 5:52:55 AM
(0)
Mentor
@wang_dynasty what model did your order and when?
@wang_dynasty what model did your order and when?

878 of 1,264 (1,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 7:15:08 AM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by jazzlea123 on Oct 19, 2013 at 8:13:37 AM

I ordered the iphone 5s 16gb in gold on Sept. 27 around 7:30 p.m. I checked the status today, and IT FINALLY SHIPPED!! I'm so happy that my phone shipped because it took forever! So, for those who ordered in October, don't feel hopeless. Your new phone will be there soon! Smiley Happy

I ordered the iphone 5s 16gb in gold on Sept. 27 around 7:30 p.m. I checked the status today, and IT FINALLY SHIPPED!! I'm so happy that my phone shipped because it took forever! So, for those who ordered in October, don't feel hopeless. Your new phone will be there soon! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
879 of 1,264 (1,422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 7:39:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

@jazzlea if the cot phones were coming soon then shouldn't we get our hopes up?

@jazzlea if the cot phones were coming soon then shouldn't we get our hopes up?

880 of 1,264 (1,411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 7:51:11 AM
(0)
Mentor
No updates from UPS since my phone departed from TX airport 10/17. Scheduled delivery 10/22 Tuesday. Not going to lie! I'm kinda hoping it'll be here Monday afternoon. I want to get that bad boy activated before going to school Tuesday morning. Haha, but that'll probably not happen.
No updates from UPS since my phone departed from TX airport 10/17. Scheduled delivery 10/22 Tuesday. Not going to lie! I'm kinda hoping it'll be here Monday afternoon. I want to get that bad boy activated before going to school Tuesday morning. Haha, but that'll probably not happen.

881 of 1,264 (1,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 8:58:38 AM
(0)
Scholar
Lol you're so lucky.
Lol you're so lucky.

882 of 1,264 (1,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 9:27:15 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by wang_dynasty on Oct 19, 2013 at 9:35:33 AM

@ceelo07 I ordered a gold 64gb on 9/23 around 2-3pm in the afternoon. Original shipping estimate was 10/31-11/20; which unfortunately is still 2-4 weeks away. I don't wanna get my hopes up but it's difficult after reading about so many people getting their phones earlier than expected. When/what did you order...are we in the same boat?

I'm currently using a temporary 4S that I bought from Apple for free by adding a line, but have to return it by Monday (10/21) to avoid getting locked in to the contract for two years (sold my iPhone 5 week of launch on eBay for a hefty sum).

Thus far, haven't seen many, if any, gold 64's ship at all which is frustrating since my order was 72 hours after launch. Hopefully the plan is Apple sends a whole bunch of them to their distributors and those of us waiting for our 64's get them all at the same time. Unfortunately, at&t has charged my first installment payment already on my next bill (due 11/12; I used their "next" program) and I don't even have my phone, yet.

@ceelo07 I ordered a gold 64gb on 9/23 around 2-3pm in the afternoon. Original shipping estimate was 10/31-11/20; which unfortunately is still 2-4 weeks away. I don't wanna get my hopes up but it's difficult after reading about so many people getting their phones earlier than expected. When/what did you order...are we in the same boat?

I'm currently using a temporary 4S that I bought from Apple for free by adding a line, but have to return it by Monday (10/21) to avoid getting locked in to the contract for two years (sold my iPhone 5 week of launch on eBay for a hefty sum).

Thus far, haven't seen many, if any, gold 64's ship at all which is frustrating since my order was 72 hours after launch. Hopefully the plan is Apple sends a whole bunch of them to their distributors and those of us waiting for our 64's get them all at the same time. Unfortunately, at&t has charged my first installment payment already on my next bill (due 11/12; I used their "next" program) and I don't even have my phone, yet.

[ Edited ]
883 of 1,264 (1,369 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 9:56:26 AM
(0)
Mentor
@wang_dynasty I ordered Gold 32gb on 10/9. My shipping dates show 11/18-12/6. All I have is hope and lack of patience. Keep me posted. I know you will get your shipping notification asap.
@wang_dynasty I ordered Gold 32gb on 10/9. My shipping dates show 11/18-12/6. All I have is hope and lack of patience. Keep me posted. I know you will get your shipping notification asap.

884 of 1,264 (1,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 1:08:35 AM
(0)
Scholar

The order status site for att is down for maintenance. (Secretly hoping I get an update when it comes back on.)

The order status site for att is down for maintenance. (Secretly hoping I get an update when it comes back on.)

885 of 1,264 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 4:44:03 AM
(0)
Voyager

does anyone know how to check an order status from an in store pick up?

does anyone know how to check an order status from an in store pick up?

886 of 1,264 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 4:55:31 AM
(0)
Scholar

From att?

From att?

887 of 1,264 (1,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 4:57:14 AM
(0)
Voyager

Yes I ordered my phone in store sep 23rd and still haven't recieved it getting pretty mad

Yes I ordered my phone in store sep 23rd and still haven't recieved it getting pretty mad

888 of 1,264 (1,128 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 5:08:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

Oh you ordered in store. You should have a confirmation id number order number or you can search by wireless number I'll put the link in but it says it's down for matinance until noon today. www.att.com/eos

Oh you ordered in store. You should have a confirmation id number order number or you can search by wireless number I'll put the link in but it says it's down for matinance until noon today. www.att.com/eos

889 of 1,264 (1,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 5:09:28 AM
(0)
Scholar

Even if you're supposed to pick it up in store you should still at least be able to track it until it gets to your store. 

Even if you're supposed to pick it up in store you should still at least be able to track it until it gets to your store. 

890 of 1,264 (1,114 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 5:11:44 AM
(0)
Voyager

Would it be the order entry or the approval number?

Would it be the order entry or the approval number?

891 of 1,264 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 5:50:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

Order number I think. Better yet sign into your online att account if you don't have one you can link it to your current wireless account. And you will be able to sign in from the link I provided earlier and check that way. 

Order number I think. Better yet sign into your online att account if you don't have one you can link it to your current wireless account. And you will be able to sign in from the link I provided earlier and check that way. 

892 of 1,264 (1,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 9:43:18 AM
(0)
Tutor
I placed an in store order on 10/4 for the gold 32 gig model. My status still hasn't changed or shipping estimates.(11/13-12/3) I'm getting so impaitent! especially after reading about people getting their phones. Hurry AT&T & Apple! 😭
I placed an in store order on 10/4 for the gold 32 gig model. My status still hasn't changed or shipping estimates.(11/13-12/3) I'm getting so impaitent! especially after reading about people getting their phones. Hurry AT&T & Apple! 😭

893 of 1,264 (1,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 10:03:25 AM
(0)
Scholar
Man that's not encouraging to hear but the 16 gb models seem to have been shipping fast. Or at least I hope so. There are people who ordered 64 and 32 gb golds on launch day and still haven't received. Hang in there.
Man that's not encouraging to hear but the 16 gb models seem to have been shipping fast. Or at least I hope so. There are people who ordered 64 and 32 gb golds on launch day and still haven't received. Hang in there.

894 of 1,264 (1,020 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 2:38:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
I know. It sucks that the orders aren't shipping in the queue they were ordered in, or at least it doesn't seem that way. A friend went to our local store and they had a stock of black and silver, however they told him those were only if you're doing the next program. Pretty strange. I wonder what the difference is.
I know. It sucks that the orders aren't shipping in the queue they were ordered in, or at least it doesn't seem that way. A friend went to our local store and they had a stock of black and silver, however they told him those were only if you're doing the next program. Pretty strange. I wonder what the difference is.

895 of 1,264 (956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 7:32:47 PM
(0)
Mentor
I think, I'm not sure... But when I got my phone they asked my parents if we wanted a 2 year contract or the next program. It is I think, where you sort of pay for the uncontracted phone (500 something $) monthly for a year instead of a 2 year contract so that you can get a new phone after a year. I'm not sure but that's how I understood it
I think, I'm not sure... But when I got my phone they asked my parents if we wanted a 2 year contract or the next program. It is I think, where you sort of pay for the uncontracted phone (500 something $) monthly for a year instead of a 2 year contract so that you can get a new phone after a year. I'm not sure but that's how I understood it

896 of 1,264 (869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 8:19:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
The next program is that, you're right. You're paying the full price for the phone. And avoiding paying upgrade fees, however you are still in a contract. What I meant was why is there a certain stock for the next? And a certain stock for just regular upgrades/ new customers? I don't see why the phones would be different, but then again AT&T is just always trying to make a buck. -_-
The next program is that, you're right. You're paying the full price for the phone. And avoiding paying upgrade fees, however you are still in a contract. What I meant was why is there a certain stock for the next? And a certain stock for just regular upgrades/ new customers? I don't see why the phones would be different, but then again AT&T is just always trying to make a buck. -_-

897 of 1,264 (845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 4:30:45 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 21, 2013 at 4:32:04 AM

apple_crazy wrote:

the next plan is not a 2 year contract. you pay for the phone in 20 monthly installments, at 12 months you can get a different phone by turning your current phone in. the current phone have ot be in good shape and working order. Suspect the store that stated that was a authorized retailer, the are 3rd party establishments that can add their own requirements over and above what a corporate store requires. ATT is a for profit organization, stands to reason they and the stock holders want them to "make a buck"

apple_crazy wrote:

the next plan is not a 2 year contract. you pay for the phone in 20 monthly installments, at 12 months you can get a different phone by turning your current phone in. the current phone have ot be in good shape and working order. Suspect the store that stated that was a authorized retailer, the are 3rd party establishments that can add their own requirements over and above what a corporate store requires. ATT is a for profit organization, stands to reason they and the stock holders want them to "make a buck"

[ Edited ]
898 of 1,264 (751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 4:52:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

Does seem weird that they would have stock specific to what kind of customer they get. Especially with all the supply constraints

Does seem weird that they would have stock specific to what kind of customer they get. Especially with all the supply constraints

899 of 1,264 (747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 9:44:37 AM
(0)
Mentor

@jemo let us know when your phone arrives!Smiley Happy

@jemo let us know when your phone arrives!Smiley Happy

900 of 1,264 (673 Views)