Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Employee

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

I completely understand that anticipation waiting for your new iPhone to arrive. Currently the Silver and Space Gray are set to ship in 7-14 days and the gold is 32+ days. Strangely enough I do not see more gold ordered than the others, so even as an online Sales Chat Agent it is a mystery as to why. Congrats on your new device, I hope it arrives very soon.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 676 of 1,264 (1,766 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

I just checked to see what AT&T would give me(trade-in) and it said $200.00. I also just checked Craigslist for my area and people are asking anywhere from $200.00 to more than $300.00 for a 16gb 4S.  

Message 677 of 1,264 (1,761 Views)
Tutor

Hey, I ordered a 16gb gold 5s the 21st at around 8pm, the sim card has a 0 for backordered but the iphone has nothing. Does this mean when the iphone gets a 0 it'll ship soon. Also has anybody ordered around my time and their iphone already shipped?

Message 678 of 1,264 (1,720 Views)
Explorer

I have seen the 64gb iphone 5s for only 700 on craigslist. That's cheaper than apple sells them for without a contract. 849. From apple. My Gold 64gb shipped today it's in Texas should have it by Wednesday ordered 9/20
Message 679 of 1,264 (1,716 Views)
Teacher

@Jwalshy.. i ordered at 4 pacific time the same day (32gb) and mine has shown the phone prep to ship for a couple weeks now and the SIM went from backorderd to proceasing around the same time. I'd like to think our phones will probably ship this week. I'm prepared to wait till Friday but something tells me we won't have to wait too much longer
Message 680 of 1,264 (1,674 Views)
Tutor

@Bo.Langley Woo hoo! iPhone delivery twins Smiley Tongue

Message 681 of 1,264 (1,670 Views)
Teacher

Woot woot!
Message 682 of 1,264 (1,664 Views)
Tutor

Checked this morning and my phone is in a fedex location 30 mins away but says it wont be delivered till tomorrow!!! Does anyone think theres a chance it'll come today Smiley Very Happy

Message 683 of 1,264 (1,387 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Jwalshy98 wrote:

Checked this morning and my phone is in a fedex location 30 mins away but says it wont be delivered till tomorrow!!! Does anyone think theres a chance it'll come today Smiley Very Happy

It depends if it's been processed through the sort facility and if it is ready for departure.  It will say that on the tracking info. Smiley Wink

(I order on-line a lot.  Sometimes I get the packages a few days before the estimated delivery date, sometimes I get them up to a week or two after.)

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 684 of 1,264 (1,379 Views)
Tutor

If I knew it was going to be like this, I wouldn't have placed my order. Expected delivery is still 10/4 - 10/15. SIM card still shows backordered which supposedly is a system error and shouldn't show that. Which I don't believe. Tomorrow is 10/15. I wonder if it will still say that a week from now when nothing changes? 

Message 685 of 1,264 (1,328 Views)
Teacher

Jwalshy98 wrote:

Hey, I ordered a 16gb gold 5s the 21st at around 8pm, the sim card has a 0 for backordered but the iphone has nothing. Does this mean when the iphone gets a 0 it'll ship soon. Also has anybody ordered around my time and their iphone already shipped?

I ordered my gold 16G somewhere around noon on the 21st and mine was shipped last week--hopefully yours' is shipping as we speak.

Message 686 of 1,264 (1,323 Views)
Expert

hsmsms wrote:

If I knew it was going to be like this, I wouldn't have placed my order. Expected delivery is still 10/4 - 10/15. SIM card still shows backordered which supposedly is a system error and shouldn't show that. Which I don't believe. Tomorrow is 10/15. I wonder if it will still say that a week from now when nothing changes? 

if the device is not in stock the do not back order teh device, they back order the sim

Message 687 of 1,264 (1,318 Views)
Mentor

I know it's still early but has anyone recieved an shipment notification yet, just feeling a littles impatient!Smiley Sad

Message 688 of 1,264 (1,264 Views)
Explorer

Jwalshy98- My iphone 5s shipped on 10/8 with a expected delivery of 10/11. On 10/9 they realized the package was moving a lot faster then they anticipated and updated the the delivery date to 10/10. The morning of 10/10 at 4am it said it was on the truck for delivery. I read somewhere that if it doesn't get on the truck for delivery before 8am it will not be delivered that day but the next. But you never know!! Congrats on having your phone ship!
Message 689 of 1,264 (1,252 Views)
Voyager

I ordered mine on 10/11 through the internet for the 16GB Silver. It gave me a shipping date of 10/22-10/31, I checked my order number through the website and it said shipped. Which I thought was odd because I hadn't received any updates through e-mail. So I spoke to a rep and they gave me a tracking number! It's in Ft. Worth which is an hour away from where I live. Hopefully I get it today if not tomorrow! So I'm not sure what this means for anyone else, but obviously something is not matching up concidering I spoke to a rep this morning before this one who told me they would not ship any earlier than the date provided (10/22-10/31).

Message 690 of 1,264 (1,239 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.