Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
6:33:49 AM
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 4:43:23 PM
(0)
Explorer
Sorry for any typos, was upset when I posted this.
Sorry for any typos, was upset when I posted this.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

601 of 1,264 (2,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 5:26:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Both 64 Gold phones were delivered today. Ordered through Apple at 3am EDT on 9/20. Good luck everyone.
Both 64 Gold phones were delivered today. Ordered through Apple at 3am EDT on 9/20. Good luck everyone.

602 of 1,264 (2,556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 5:53:38 PM
(0)
Explorer

@Leejanes5 - I understand your frustrations as I have the same...I went into the Apple store and could of got two. I also went into the same exact ATT store where I order mine from a week later and they had them in stock and would not give them to me.Those phones was for new customer only.Needless to say I was not a happy camper. 

I called CSR the other day and was told that they had phones in stock but could not process my order as they didn't know the status of the order since it was at the warehouse. That did not make sense to me, I was also told that they could only check my order if it was a web order and any info for store orders had to be done at the store. I guess web orders take precedent over store orders. 

Also my close friend order the same phone from the same store 5 days after me and he already has his. 

The wife and I are in discussing our options as well regarding our business account. I understand supply and demand, however I do not understand poor customer service, lack of communications with customers and rude employees. 

@Leejanes5 - I understand your frustrations as I have the same...I went into the Apple store and could of got two. I also went into the same exact ATT store where I order mine from a week later and they had them in stock and would not give them to me.Those phones was for new customer only.Needless to say I was not a happy camper. 

I called CSR the other day and was told that they had phones in stock but could not process my order as they didn't know the status of the order since it was at the warehouse. That did not make sense to me, I was also told that they could only check my order if it was a web order and any info for store orders had to be done at the store. I guess web orders take precedent over store orders. 

Also my close friend order the same phone from the same store 5 days after me and he already has his. 

The wife and I are in discussing our options as well regarding our business account. I understand supply and demand, however I do not understand poor customer service, lack of communications with customers and rude employees. 

603 of 1,264 (2,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 6:09:45 PM
(0)
Explorer
@jdafonte. Had att even acknowledged why I was upset in the first place, I would have felt differently. They don't even seem to get it. I have an iphone 5 and I do not mind waiting for the new phone. If they could have just said the reason was somebody made a mistake or that they were overly busy but to just act like I am crazy for asking why someone who ordered almost a week after me has their phone and I do not is absurd. I can wait and I will wait until the phones are in every verizon store. I only was updating my phone because I can sell this phone for more than the new one would cost me. I learned my lesson with their CSR's who are rude and offer no real excuses. I need a reliable company who treats their loyal customers as good as new customers. That's how I do business and I expect the same. Btw their Uverse sucks anyway!
@jdafonte. Had att even acknowledged why I was upset in the first place, I would have felt differently. They don't even seem to get it. I have an iphone 5 and I do not mind waiting for the new phone. If they could have just said the reason was somebody made a mistake or that they were overly busy but to just act like I am crazy for asking why someone who ordered almost a week after me has their phone and I do not is absurd. I can wait and I will wait until the phones are in every verizon store. I only was updating my phone because I can sell this phone for more than the new one would cost me. I learned my lesson with their CSR's who are rude and offer no real excuses. I need a reliable company who treats their loyal customers as good as new customers. That's how I do business and I expect the same. Btw their Uverse sucks anyway!

604 of 1,264 (2,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 6:28:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

So, as previously posted, I had major issues ordering gold on the 20th.  Ended up having my orders consistently cancelled by att within minutes of ordering online, by phone or through app.  Finally was told to go to store and order, which I did.  My order has been preparing to ship with sim processing with ship days 21-30.  Just called the number to check order status, computer passed me to human because I had "too many orders".  Human said there was something wrong with my order keeping it from shipping because att still shows me eligible for upgrade, yet has an order processing.  Someone on the 21st "reversed my upgrade" And of course they can't do anything about it except tell me to go back to the store I ended up ordering it from tomorrow!   If this throws my shipping date back further I am done!!! 

So, as previously posted, I had major issues ordering gold on the 20th.  Ended up having my orders consistently cancelled by att within minutes of ordering online, by phone or through app.  Finally was told to go to store and order, which I did.  My order has been preparing to ship with sim processing with ship days 21-30.  Just called the number to check order status, computer passed me to human because I had "too many orders".  Human said there was something wrong with my order keeping it from shipping because att still shows me eligible for upgrade, yet has an order processing.  Someone on the 21st "reversed my upgrade" And of course they can't do anything about it except tell me to go back to the store I ended up ordering it from tomorrow!   If this throws my shipping date back further I am done!!! 

605 of 1,264 (2,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 7:20:10 PM
(0)
Teacher
Omg I got an update! My phone has been shipped!!! Gold/32gb

606 of 1,264 (2,441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 7:21:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Guys, I have a good news! I ordered two 16GB gold at 9/20, around 10:30am (through ATT website). Both have been shipped. One was shipped on 10/8, another one was shipped today!!!!

Guys, I have a good news! I ordered two 16GB gold at 9/20, around 10:30am (through ATT website). Both have been shipped. One was shipped on 10/8, another one was shipped today!!!!

607 of 1,264 (2,439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 7:41:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

vanessalala8473 wrote:

When did you get notified?

vanessalala8473 wrote:

When did you get notified?

608 of 1,264 (2,401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 7:56:10 PM
(0)
Teacher
@mperson Today at 5:00pm
@mperson Today at 5:00pm

609 of 1,264 (2,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 8:52:49 PM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by jdafonte2000 on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:03:55 PM

@leejanes - I agree with you they need to acknowledge, I have the same issue. especially when you see it with you own eyes that someone gets their device before you when they order afterwards. 

I respect how you do business as I have the same philosophy. Oh and I have uverse as well and it does suck, not a fan of dish and comcast is just as worse. 

BTW the wife(she has a little more patience than I) said tonight to give it a week and if no updates we are moving our business account to Verizon. I think she is getting tired with ATT CSR (previous issues) more than the wait for the phone

@leejanes - I agree with you they need to acknowledge, I have the same issue. especially when you see it with you own eyes that someone gets their device before you when they order afterwards. 

I respect how you do business as I have the same philosophy. Oh and I have uverse as well and it does suck, not a fan of dish and comcast is just as worse. 

BTW the wife(she has a little more patience than I) said tonight to give it a week and if no updates we are moving our business account to Verizon. I think she is getting tired with ATT CSR (previous issues) more than the wait for the phone

[ Edited ]
610 of 1,264 (2,329 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 10:07:07 PM
(0)
Mentor
I still have no update on my iphone 16GB gold order placed on the 20th originally.

This is nonsense, I seriously cannot fathom why order that were ordered after the 20th are already getting shipments!!!
I still have no update on my iphone 16GB gold order placed on the 20th originally.

This is nonsense, I seriously cannot fathom why order that were ordered after the 20th are already getting shipments!!!

611 of 1,264 (2,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 3:41:04 AM
(0)
Teacher

Got an email that my gold 16 gb has shipped. Email sent about 10:30 last night, has tracking numbers!  Ordered it at 3:30 EST on the 20th!

Got an email that my gold 16 gb has shipped. Email sent about 10:30 last night, has tracking numbers!  Ordered it at 3:30 EST on the 20th!

612 of 1,264 (2,212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 4:40:10 AM
(0)
Explorer

Just got my e-mail that my Gold 16GB 5S shipped. Ordered on 9/20 at about 5:30 PM EST from an AT&T store. It may be worth noting that, as I said in a previous post, I am a brand new AT&T customer.

Just got my e-mail that my Gold 16GB 5S shipped. Ordered on 9/20 at about 5:30 PM EST from an AT&T store. It may be worth noting that, as I said in a previous post, I am a brand new AT&T customer.

613 of 1,264 (2,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 7:18:07 AM
(0)
Explorer
As I previously mentioned I ordered a 16gb silver on 10/4 over the phone. I didnt get any options for shipping. I received a tracking number on 10/8 which said UPS would deliver on 10/11 (Friday) well UPS is delivering it early! Today instead of tomorrow. As of 4am this morning it is "out for delivery"...so I am home patiently waiting for the UPS to come Smiley Happy It seems like a lot of phones are starting to ship out especially the gold! Congrats to everyone whos phone has shipped and to everyone who is still waiting im sure it will ship out any day now. I am new to ATT and I am very very happy so far. Just remember people who ordered from Sprint are still waiting and have to wait 4-8 weeks! My friend is with sprint and she said its a mess over there! I hope everyone receives their phone asap!
As I previously mentioned I ordered a 16gb silver on 10/4 over the phone. I didnt get any options for shipping. I received a tracking number on 10/8 which said UPS would deliver on 10/11 (Friday) well UPS is delivering it early! Today instead of tomorrow. As of 4am this morning it is "out for delivery"...so I am home patiently waiting for the UPS to come Smiley Happy It seems like a lot of phones are starting to ship out especially the gold! Congrats to everyone whos phone has shipped and to everyone who is still waiting im sure it will ship out any day now. I am new to ATT and I am very very happy so far. Just remember people who ordered from Sprint are still waiting and have to wait 4-8 weeks! My friend is with sprint and she said its a mess over there! I hope everyone receives their phone asap!

614 of 1,264 (2,065 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:20:32 AM
(0)
Mentor

It could be worse.I ordered a Gold 32GB on 10/9. Estimated shipping is 11/18/13 - 12/06/13

It could be worse.I ordered a Gold 32GB on 10/9. Estimated shipping is 11/18/13 - 12/06/13

615 of 1,264 (2,000 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:28:37 AM
(0)
Mentor
I hope I get my gold 16GB soon! This is ridiculous after paying $480 to upgrade.
I hope I get my gold 16GB soon! This is ridiculous after paying $480 to upgrade.

616 of 1,264 (1,984 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 8:46:27 AM
(0)
Mentor

@jad94 Did your phone get shipped?

@jad94 Did your phone get shipped?

617 of 1,264 (1,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 9:11:58 AM
(0)
Teacher

I'M GETTING JELOUS.. I ORDERED MY 16/GOLD ON 9/20 AT 5PM EST.. AND I HAVE GOTTEN NO UPDATE... BUT U GUYS ARE GIVING ME HOPE!!  

Smiley Happy

I'M GETTING JELOUS.. I ORDERED MY 16/GOLD ON 9/20 AT 5PM EST.. AND I HAVE GOTTEN NO UPDATE... BUT U GUYS ARE GIVING ME HOPE!!  

Smiley Happy

618 of 1,264 (1,944 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 11:40:06 AM
(0)
Mentor
When did you order it? What was the shipping estimate?
When did you order it? What was the shipping estimate?

619 of 1,264 (1,783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 11:52:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hey guys, i ordered the Iphone 5S(Gold-16G) online via AT&T at 306am EST and was given a 10/21-30 shipment date. Finally please to say that i received a shipment email last night at 930pm and my phone will arrive tomorrow morning Friday. 10/11 Smiley Happy

Hey guys, i ordered the Iphone 5S(Gold-16G) online via AT&T at 306am EST and was given a 10/21-30 shipment date. Finally please to say that i received a shipment email last night at 930pm and my phone will arrive tomorrow morning Friday. 10/11 Smiley Happy

620 of 1,264 (1,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 1:18:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

we are in the exact same boat 

we are in the exact same boat 

621 of 1,264 (1,680 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 2:02:46 PM
(0)
Mentor

@Ceelo07 nope!Smiley Sad it still says preparing to ship and the various sim says processing. Im sad!Smiley Sad

@Ceelo07 nope!Smiley Sad it still says preparing to ship and the various sim says processing. Im sad!Smiley Sad

622 of 1,264 (1,624 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 3:21:19 PM
(0)
Mentor

I ordered a 16gb gold in store 10/5 and my estimate is 11/13 - 12/03 Phone status says preparing to ship and the various SIM says processing. My sister ordered a 32gb silver the same day and it came today. I'm obsessing over my order status, I can't stop checking every couple of hours.I'm really hoping for a miracle that my phone comes earlier but probably not.

I ordered a 16gb gold in store 10/5 and my estimate is 11/13 - 12/03 Phone status says preparing to ship and the various SIM says processing. My sister ordered a 32gb silver the same day and it came today. I'm obsessing over my order status, I can't stop checking every couple of hours.I'm really hoping for a miracle that my phone comes earlier but probably not.

623 of 1,264 (1,529 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 5:36:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

Im very annoyed!! I dont get why it takes this long for people to get their phones!!! I spoke to an Att rep and she said that they are waiting for Apple to send them the phones. She also said I could cancel my order and get a space gray or silver one and it would ship in 7 days and as temping as that sounds I really want the gold model. I will be very frustrated if I really have to wait til between 11/8-11/28!! I dont think anyone has the patience for that!!!! Someone give good information please!! Smiley Sad

Im very annoyed!! I dont get why it takes this long for people to get their phones!!! I spoke to an Att rep and she said that they are waiting for Apple to send them the phones. She also said I could cancel my order and get a space gray or silver one and it would ship in 7 days and as temping as that sounds I really want the gold model. I will be very frustrated if I really have to wait til between 11/8-11/28!! I dont think anyone has the patience for that!!!! Someone give good information please!! Smiley Sad

624 of 1,264 (1,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 5:36:44 PM
(0)
Explorer
Hello All. I'm glad to see more people receiving updates/tracking numbers....

@jemo- I know how frustrating it is especially when you know someone who has received their phone before you. What I have learned is that (of course) the gold is in more demand then any other color! And because of that your gold will take longer then the silver or space grey. I ordered my silver on 10/4,received tracking info on 10/8,and received my phone today. When I called on 10/4 to place my order the rep asked me what color. (I originally wanted gold but because I seen how many people were waiting for it and the time att quoted on their website I went with the silver. I realized all I really wanted was a white face.) but when I told the rep I wanted silver she said "okay good because the gold one will take forever to get to you" it seems that they are starting to ship out the gold though so I'm sure you will get it soon enough!

Also liked said i received my 16gb silver today at 11:30am. Ups originally said it would be delivered tomorrow but it came a day early. I love it so far and I am very happy with the purchase. I do have a question though maybe someone here could help me. I have the fingerprint sensor set up and it works great when I download a app or buy something from iTunes. However when my phones locks it goes to the password. Does anyone know if u can use the fingerprint sensor to actually unlock the phone itself instead of the password and if so how do you set it up.
Hello All. I'm glad to see more people receiving updates/tracking numbers....

@jemo- I know how frustrating it is especially when you know someone who has received their phone before you. What I have learned is that (of course) the gold is in more demand then any other color! And because of that your gold will take longer then the silver or space grey. I ordered my silver on 10/4,received tracking info on 10/8,and received my phone today. When I called on 10/4 to place my order the rep asked me what color. (I originally wanted gold but because I seen how many people were waiting for it and the time att quoted on their website I went with the silver. I realized all I really wanted was a white face.) but when I told the rep I wanted silver she said "okay good because the gold one will take forever to get to you" it seems that they are starting to ship out the gold though so I'm sure you will get it soon enough!

Also liked said i received my 16gb silver today at 11:30am. Ups originally said it would be delivered tomorrow but it came a day early. I love it so far and I am very happy with the purchase. I do have a question though maybe someone here could help me. I have the fingerprint sensor set up and it works great when I download a app or buy something from iTunes. However when my phones locks it goes to the password. Does anyone know if u can use the fingerprint sensor to actually unlock the phone itself instead of the password and if so how do you set it up.

625 of 1,264 (1,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 5:54:18 PM
(0)
Explorer
I should be under settings general privacy and from there you should have an option to set it for the lock screen
I should be under settings general privacy and from there you should have an option to set it for the lock screen

626 of 1,264 (1,364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 5:59:53 PM
(0)
Explorer
I would like to say though for the record, I could careless if I get the phone in a week or 3 months, my frustration is strictly with att not the wait for the iphone. I already have one for Verizon and sprint. I don't like the way they flat out lie to their customers. They put new customers ahead of existing customers.
I would like to say though for the record, I could careless if I get the phone in a week or 3 months, my frustration is strictly with att not the wait for the iphone. I already have one for Verizon and sprint. I don't like the way they flat out lie to their customers. They put new customers ahead of existing customers.

627 of 1,264 (1,360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 6:17:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Got my iphone. But it's not the champagne gold that I expected!

Got my iphone. But it's not the champagne gold that I expected!

628 of 1,264 (1,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 7:21:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

Im very jealous Smiley Happy @coolchild. If thats true about ATT putting new customers first then they're completely not fair!!!! I've been an ATT customer since 2005 and to hear that really upsets me! That tells me that they dont care about seniority!! I hope everyone gets their phones soon!!Smiley Happy 

Im very jealous Smiley Happy @coolchild. If thats true about ATT putting new customers first then they're completely not fair!!!! I've been an ATT customer since 2005 and to hear that really upsets me! That tells me that they dont care about seniority!! I hope everyone gets their phones soon!!Smiley Happy 

629 of 1,264 (1,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 7:31:07 PM
(0)
Mentor

@bigpoppa56- Guess I can wait for a couple more weeks!  But the estimate of Nov 13th the earliest possibly December 3rd the latest is crazy. I don't know, I'm just an impatient kid. Really really hoping that they'll come earlier. I can't wait! The golden ring around the touch ID's the only thing holding me back from changing my order to the silver one. Hahaha, it's quite cool looking

@bigpoppa56- Guess I can wait for a couple more weeks!  But the estimate of Nov 13th the earliest possibly December 3rd the latest is crazy. I don't know, I'm just an impatient kid. Really really hoping that they'll come earlier. I can't wait! The golden ring around the touch ID's the only thing holding me back from changing my order to the silver one. Hahaha, it's quite cool looking

630 of 1,264 (1,250 Views)