Posted Sep 20, 2013
6:33:49 AM
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 1:07:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

What a bummer...still nothing...Has anyone who ordered a 16/Gold on 9/20 during the day received it or received a shipping notification yet?

What a bummer...still nothing...Has anyone who ordered a 16/Gold on 9/20 during the day received it or received a shipping notification yet?

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

511 of 1,264 (2,995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 1:20:49 PM
(0)
Expert

cedarchick22 wrote:

pretty much been the general outlook that if you did not order a gold within the first 4 hours of the release they where sold out. The less expensive sold out faster

cedarchick22 wrote:

pretty much been the general outlook that if you did not order a gold within the first 4 hours of the release they where sold out. The less expensive sold out faster

512 of 1,264 (2,986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 1:32:47 PM
(0)
Teacher
Nope, ordered 16 gb gold at store during the day of the 20th, due to 5 cancellations by ATT of my orders online. No shipping date, no movement of status. Oct. 21-30 est. shipping date
Nope, ordered 16 gb gold at store during the day of the 20th, due to 5 cancellations by ATT of my orders online. No shipping date, no movement of status. Oct. 21-30 est. shipping date

513 of 1,264 (2,971 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 1:42:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

I ordered a 16 gb gold 5s really late on 10/1 and the next day the phone said preparing to ship and the various sim said processing. Is that a good sign? Help me out! Thank you!:smileyhappy:

I ordered a 16 gb gold 5s really late on 10/1 and the next day the phone said preparing to ship and the various sim said processing. Is that a good sign? Help me out! Thank you!:smileyhappy:

514 of 1,264 (2,965 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 1:49:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

Mine has said the same thing for over a week with no ship date.  Started out as Sim was backordered.  I ordered on the 20th.

Mine has said the same thing for over a week with no ship date.  Started out as Sim was backordered.  I ordered on the 20th.

515 of 1,264 (2,957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 1:56:22 PM
(0)
Mentor

Is my 11/8-11/28 estimated shiiping date true? I really hope I dont have to wait two months!:smileysad:

Is my 11/8-11/28 estimated shiiping date true? I really hope I dont have to wait two months!:smileysad:

516 of 1,264 (2,947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 2:21:21 PM
(0)
Explorer

No change in the status since last Tuesday. I have ordered the 16GB gold on 9/20 at 4.30 PM PDT via AT&T customer service over the phone. Mine shows preparing to ship since last week. Hope it comes soon.

No change in the status since last Tuesday. I have ordered the 16GB gold on 9/20 at 4.30 PM PDT via AT&T customer service over the phone. Mine shows preparing to ship since last week. Hope it comes soon.

517 of 1,264 (2,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 5:02:49 PM
(0)
Mentor
No love this week! Hopefully it will ship this week! Hope everyone has a good weekend!
No love this week! Hopefully it will ship this week! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

518 of 1,264 (2,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 6:20:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

quick update mind you my expected ship date was set for 11/26 and i was so frustrated with att i was calling every store i could think of that could have possibly had the phone i called every walmart in my area and then i started on my long list of bestbuy stores but didnt have to go to far down the list cause i looked online and checked my stores that were close to my house that had some and  the availabilty said pick up instore so i called and the lady was like we dont have any.... the phones are for reserved customers that preordered them so i was like okay......and hung up no luck again so i went to the store and talked to the mobile guy and he said the same thing the lady told me on the phone so me knowing he was just saying that to get rid of me cause i know he been asked that 10 million times  he was like let me check  and went over and whispered to his co worker  and they both went to the back mysteriously after about 15 minutes he came back  said we can get you the phone i was like WHAT!!!!!!!! so i quickly called att had my order cancelled and my upgrade reversed and walked out with phone in hand !!!!! i dont have time for ATT!!!

quick update mind you my expected ship date was set for 11/26 and i was so frustrated with att i was calling every store i could think of that could have possibly had the phone i called every walmart in my area and then i started on my long list of bestbuy stores but didnt have to go to far down the list cause i looked online and checked my stores that were close to my house that had some and  the availabilty said pick up instore so i called and the lady was like we dont have any.... the phones are for reserved customers that preordered them so i was like okay......and hung up no luck again so i went to the store and talked to the mobile guy and he said the same thing the lady told me on the phone so me knowing he was just saying that to get rid of me cause i know he been asked that 10 million times  he was like let me check  and went over and whispered to his co worker  and they both went to the back mysteriously after about 15 minutes he came back  said we can get you the phone i was like WHAT!!!!!!!! so i quickly called att had my order cancelled and my upgrade reversed and walked out with phone in hand !!!!! i dont have time for ATT!!!

519 of 1,264 (2,733 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 1:11:52 PM
(0)
Teacher
ordered iPhone 5s 64 gb gold on 9/21 7:30 AM -Oct. 21-30 est. shipping date . - preparing to ship since 9/26 - I'm guessing I'll get tracking number on the 14th if shipped on the 21st, by reading customers experiences, which shows tracking number provided 8 to 9 days prior to day of delivery.
ordered iPhone 5s 64 gb gold on 9/21 7:30 AM -Oct. 21-30 est. shipping date . - preparing to ship since 9/26 - I'm guessing I'll get tracking number on the 14th if shipped on the 21st, by reading customers experiences, which shows tracking number provided 8 to 9 days prior to day of delivery.

520 of 1,264 (2,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 3:42:51 PM
(0)
Contributor

after cancelling my gold iphone 5s two days ago. went and bought the sliver 16GB iphone 5s yesterday at my local Fry's! just wanted to keep people updated!

after cancelling my gold iphone 5s two days ago. went and bought the sliver 16GB iphone 5s yesterday at my local Fry's! just wanted to keep people updated!

521 of 1,264 (2,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 5:03:35 PM
(0)
Mentor
Seems like they have Space gray and Silver in most local AT&T stores, Best Buys, Ect so if you haven't gotten one and want either of those models or you ordered one of those models online and want the device sooner, I would call your local store and check and see! Just called my local AT&T and they had both silver and space gray in the store! Hope this helps someone. If your like me and ordered the gold model, keep your fingers crossed and hope for news this week! Have been read articles and it seems thay Apple is improved its production rate but the device will not fully be back in demand until the holiday season! Check here: http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/10/04/apples-iphone-5s-supply-may-be-improving-analyst-say...
Seems like they have Space gray and Silver in most local AT&T stores, Best Buys, Ect so if you haven't gotten one and want either of those models or you ordered one of those models online and want the device sooner, I would call your local store and check and see! Just called my local AT&T and they had both silver and space gray in the store! Hope this helps someone. If your like me and ordered the gold model, keep your fingers crossed and hope for news this week! Have been read articles and it seems thay Apple is improved its production rate but the device will not fully be back in demand until the holiday season! Check here: http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/10/04/apples-iphone-5s-supply-may-be-improving-analyst-says/

522 of 1,264 (2,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 5:04:55 PM
(0)
Mentor
Excuse minor typos!
Excuse minor typos!

523 of 1,264 (2,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 5:20:27 PM
(0)
Teacher
Does anyone know how I would go about canceling my order.. I called my local att and they have a 64gb silver. I want my phone already! I'm tired of waiting
Does anyone know how I would go about canceling my order.. I called my local att and they have a 64gb silver. I want my phone already! I'm tired of waiting

524 of 1,264 (2,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 6:18:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
As far as I remember all orders have been delivered within estimated times or sooner. If production suffered a delay the estimation would get updated to next delivery window, and so far nobody posted about extension in estimation of delivery. So.... Hold your horses.
As far as I remember all orders have been delivered within estimated times or sooner. If production suffered a delay the estimation would get updated to next delivery window, and so far nobody posted about extension in estimation of delivery. So.... Hold your horses.

525 of 1,264 (2,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 7:15:34 AM
(0)
Teacher

My original window was 10/1 - 10/30, but they moved it back to 10/21 to 10/30.... Ordered on 9/20 around 11:30 AM EST.

My original window was 10/1 - 10/30, but they moved it back to 10/21 to 10/30.... Ordered on 9/20 around 11:30 AM EST.

526 of 1,264 (1,911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 8:30:37 AM
(0)
Employee

vanessalala8473 wrote:

Give AT&T a call.  They'll transfer you over to the eCom department (they handle all on-line orders) and they can cancel it for you. :smileywink:

vanessalala8473 wrote:

Give AT&T a call.  They'll transfer you over to the eCom department (they handle all on-line orders) and they can cancel it for you. :smileywink:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

527 of 1,264 (1,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 9:35:14 AM
(0)
Expert

OhItsIta wrote:

vanessalala8473 wrote:

Is this something new for this year? Last year they would not cancel pre-orders for the iphone, tons of messages about it

OhItsIta wrote:

vanessalala8473 wrote:

Is this something new for this year? Last year they would not cancel pre-orders for the iphone, tons of messages about it

528 of 1,264 (1,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 9:57:52 AM
(0)
Explorer

Hello All! This is my first time posting here! I am actually a new ATT customer! I have a couple questions since I am new to ATT and how they work. I decided to open a new line with ATT on 10/4. I placed my order online and it got cancelled so I had to call in later in the evening to place my order (I ordered a 16gb silver). The first time I called I got a lady who told me that the iphone 5s gold will take a long time to ship but the silver and space grey will ship in 3-5 business days. We got disconnected so I had to call back and this time I got a guy that said the silver and gray will take 7-14 business days and of course the gold will take a lot longer! I am totally okay with the 7-14 day wait because a friend of mine ordered through sprint and they just tell you 4-6 weeks for the silver and grey and 8 weeks for the gold! However since I placed my order on friday, my phone has been at preparing to ship and sim says processing. The backordered column has always been at 0! My estimated ship dates are 10/15-10/24. When I placed the order online I picked the free 3 days shipping but when I called they told me we had to do the order process all over again and didnt give me any shipping options. So my questions are, since I new to all of this, is what was your experience with the 16gb silver 5s. How long did you have to wait to get a shipping conformation/tracking number. Has anyone had to wait the full 7-14 business days for your to ship? Since I ordered new service I dont have a cell phone right now and even though I dont mind waiting the full time I just hope it comes sooner so I can have a cell phone back! 

Hello All! This is my first time posting here! I am actually a new ATT customer! I have a couple questions since I am new to ATT and how they work. I decided to open a new line with ATT on 10/4. I placed my order online and it got cancelled so I had to call in later in the evening to place my order (I ordered a 16gb silver). The first time I called I got a lady who told me that the iphone 5s gold will take a long time to ship but the silver and space grey will ship in 3-5 business days. We got disconnected so I had to call back and this time I got a guy that said the silver and gray will take 7-14 business days and of course the gold will take a lot longer! I am totally okay with the 7-14 day wait because a friend of mine ordered through sprint and they just tell you 4-6 weeks for the silver and grey and 8 weeks for the gold! However since I placed my order on friday, my phone has been at preparing to ship and sim says processing. The backordered column has always been at 0! My estimated ship dates are 10/15-10/24. When I placed the order online I picked the free 3 days shipping but when I called they told me we had to do the order process all over again and didnt give me any shipping options. So my questions are, since I new to all of this, is what was your experience with the 16gb silver 5s. How long did you have to wait to get a shipping conformation/tracking number. Has anyone had to wait the full 7-14 business days for your to ship? Since I ordered new service I dont have a cell phone right now and even though I dont mind waiting the full time I just hope it comes sooner so I can have a cell phone back! 

529 of 1,264 (1,832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 9:59:47 AM
(0)
Explorer

Sorry for any typos....

Sorry for any typos....

530 of 1,264 (1,832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 10:29:47 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by OhItsIta on Oct 6, 2013 at 11:01:45 AM

The 5s was not a pre-order. The release of the phone was the 20th, and only the 5c was able to be pre-ordered. 

The 5s was not a pre-order. The release of the phone was the 20th, and only the 5c was able to be pre-ordered. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
531 of 1,264 (1,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 3:36:14 PM
(0)
Explorer

what a surpise i  called the at&t store and i said i wanted too cancel my order and the guy said its already done i dont have too worry only reason i wanted too cancel my order was because i moved out of state .  this was on the 1 of october and a few days passed this morning i check my email  and it says my phone has shipped and it will be there on the 9 so no am out of lucky and mad that they guy lied too me 

what a surpise i  called the at&t store and i said i wanted too cancel my order and the guy said its already done i dont have too worry only reason i wanted too cancel my order was because i moved out of state .  this was on the 1 of october and a few days passed this morning i check my email  and it says my phone has shipped and it will be there on the 9 so no am out of lucky and mad that they guy lied too me 

532 of 1,264 (1,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 4:04:25 PM
(0)
Explorer
@bmwahova- I might be wrong...I just got done reading all the post on here the other day because I just started service with att and order the silver iphone and when you cancelled your order didnt you order the silver one? Like I said I might be wrong but maybe its the silver one thats shipping. Based on reading post it seems as if the silver ships about 5 days after placing the order and if you cancelled and reorder the silver on the 1st then it would hold true to the 5 days with today being the 6th. I dunno maybe its the silver and will be shipped to your new address.
@bmwahova- I might be wrong...I just got done reading all the post on here the other day because I just started service with att and order the silver iphone and when you cancelled your order didnt you order the silver one? Like I said I might be wrong but maybe its the silver one thats shipping. Based on reading post it seems as if the silver ships about 5 days after placing the order and if you cancelled and reorder the silver on the 1st then it would hold true to the 5 days with today being the 6th. I dunno maybe its the silver and will be shipped to your new address.

533 of 1,264 (1,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 4:52:07 PM
(0)
Scholar
Both gold 64s have been sitting at ICN airport (Korea) since Friday morning. UPS still says Thursday delivery. I hate unions. Good luck everyone.
Both gold 64s have been sitting at ICN airport (Korea) since Friday morning. UPS still says Thursday delivery. I hate unions. Good luck everyone.

534 of 1,264 (1,610 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 4:55:43 PM
(0)
Explorer

no i had cancelled my order for a 16gb gold iphone and today got a shipping conformation saying i tshould get it by the 9 too my old address i guess the at&t guy lied when he said it was cacnelled 

no i had cancelled my order for a 16gb gold iphone and today got a shipping conformation saying i tshould get it by the 9 too my old address i guess the at&t guy lied when he said it was cacnelled 

535 of 1,264 (1,606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 5:53:19 PM
(0)
Explorer
Oh okay. That stinks! I would be mad too!
Oh okay. That stinks! I would be mad too!

536 of 1,264 (1,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 6:11:38 PM
(0)
Explorer

yea so now i have too find a way too get it too where am located or have someone pick it up for me . this is so bogus 

yea so now i have too find a way too get it too where am located or have someone pick it up for me . this is so bogus 

537 of 1,264 (1,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 8:08:56 PM
(0)
Mentor
Almost 3 weeks & no update this is nonsense. Any deliveries from a 9/23 order date that ordered a gold?
Almost 3 weeks & no update this is nonsense. Any deliveries from a 9/23 order date that ordered a gold?

538 of 1,264 (1,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 8:57:21 PM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by jjldsej7 on Oct 6, 2013 at 8:57:52 PM

EP7ERA wrote:

People who ordered on 9/20 still don't have deliveries.

I ordered two 9/20, one three hours after release and one five hours after release. I only had the first one shipped.

EP7ERA wrote:

People who ordered on 9/20 still don't have deliveries.

I ordered two 9/20, one three hours after release and one five hours after release. I only had the first one shipped.

[ Edited ]
539 of 1,264 (1,453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 5:16:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
So how soon after att take payment did you see a shipment?
So how soon after att take payment did you see a shipment?

540 of 1,264 (1,342 Views)