Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

My original window was 10/1 - 10/30, but they moved it back to 10/21 to 10/30.... Ordered on 9/20 around 11:30 AM EST.

Message 526 of 1,264 (2,225 Views)
Employee

vanessalala8473 wrote:
Does anyone know how I would go about canceling my order.. I called my local att and they have a 64gb silver. I want my phone already! I'm tired of waiting

Give AT&T a call.  They'll transfer you over to the eCom department (they handle all on-line orders) and they can cancel it for you. Smiley Wink

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 527 of 1,264 (2,187 Views)
Expert

OhItsIta wrote:

vanessalala8473 wrote:
Does anyone know how I would go about canceling my order.. I called my local att and they have a 64gb silver. I want my phone already! I'm tired of waiting

Give AT&T a call.  They'll transfer you over to the eCom department (they handle all on-line orders) and they can cancel it for you. Smiley Wink

Is this something new for this year? Last year they would not cancel pre-orders for the iphone, tons of messages about it

Message 528 of 1,264 (2,158 Views)
Explorer

Hello All! This is my first time posting here! I am actually a new ATT customer! I have a couple questions since I am new to ATT and how they work. I decided to open a new line with ATT on 10/4. I placed my order online and it got cancelled so I had to call in later in the evening to place my order (I ordered a 16gb silver). The first time I called I got a lady who told me that the iphone 5s gold will take a long time to ship but the silver and space grey will ship in 3-5 business days. We got disconnected so I had to call back and this time I got a guy that said the silver and gray will take 7-14 business days and of course the gold will take a lot longer! I am totally okay with the 7-14 day wait because a friend of mine ordered through sprint and they just tell you 4-6 weeks for the silver and grey and 8 weeks for the gold! However since I placed my order on friday, my phone has been at preparing to ship and sim says processing. The backordered column has always been at 0! My estimated ship dates are 10/15-10/24. When I placed the order online I picked the free 3 days shipping but when I called they told me we had to do the order process all over again and didnt give me any shipping options. So my questions are, since I new to all of this, is what was your experience with the 16gb silver 5s. How long did you have to wait to get a shipping conformation/tracking number. Has anyone had to wait the full 7-14 business days for your to ship? Since I ordered new service I dont have a cell phone right now and even though I dont mind waiting the full time I just hope it comes sooner so I can have a cell phone back! 

Message 529 of 1,264 (2,146 Views)
Explorer

Sorry for any typos....

Message 530 of 1,264 (2,146 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

Is this something new for this year? Last year they would not cancel pre-orders for the iphone, tons of messages about it

The 5s was not a pre-order. The release of the phone was the 20th, and only the 5c was able to be pre-ordered. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 531 of 1,264 (2,125 Views)
Explorer

what a surpise i  called the at&t store and i said i wanted too cancel my order and the guy said its already done i dont have too worry only reason i wanted too cancel my order was because i moved out of state .  this was on the 1 of october and a few days passed this morning i check my email  and it says my phone has shipped and it will be there on the 9 so no am out of lucky and mad that they guy lied too me 

Message 532 of 1,264 (1,968 Views)
Explorer

@bmwahova- I might be wrong...I just got done reading all the post on here the other day because I just started service with att and order the silver iphone and when you cancelled your order didnt you order the silver one? Like I said I might be wrong but maybe its the silver one thats shipping. Based on reading post it seems as if the silver ships about 5 days after placing the order and if you cancelled and reorder the silver on the 1st then it would hold true to the 5 days with today being the 6th. I dunno maybe its the silver and will be shipped to your new address.
Message 533 of 1,264 (1,945 Views)
Scholar

Both gold 64s have been sitting at ICN airport (Korea) since Friday morning. UPS still says Thursday delivery. I hate unions. Good luck everyone.
Message 534 of 1,264 (1,924 Views)
Explorer

no i had cancelled my order for a 16gb gold iphone and today got a shipping conformation saying i tshould get it by the 9 too my old address i guess the at&t guy lied when he said it was cacnelled 

Message 535 of 1,264 (1,920 Views)
Explorer

Oh okay. That stinks! I would be mad too!
Message 536 of 1,264 (1,890 Views)
Explorer

yea so now i have too find a way too get it too where am located or have someone pick it up for me . this is so bogus 

Message 537 of 1,264 (1,867 Views)
Mentor

Almost 3 weeks & no update this is nonsense. Any deliveries from a 9/23 order date that ordered a gold?
Message 538 of 1,264 (1,789 Views)
Explorer

[ Edited ]

EP7ERA wrote:
Almost 3 weeks & no update this is nonsense. Any deliveries from a 9/23 order date that ordered a gold?

People who ordered on 9/20 still don't have deliveries.

I ordered two 9/20, one three hours after release and one five hours after release. I only had the first one shipped.

Message 539 of 1,264 (1,767 Views)
Tutor

So how soon after att take payment did you see a shipment?
Message 540 of 1,264 (1,656 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.