Helpful Links

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Voyager

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

bryanmd88 wrote:

Space Grey was never known to have problems, its gold that has the biggest issue.

It sounded like there were shortages on all colors/models, and I was given a late October/early November shipping date, like some other posters.  I know gold has longer delays, but I don't see the problem with reassuring people the space gray ones are still shipping quickly despite the late shipping estimates.

Message 376 of 1,264
Expert

danazar wrote:

bryanmd88 wrote:

Space Grey was never known to have problems, its gold that has the biggest issue.

It sounded like there were shortages on all colors/models, and I was given a late October/early November shipping date, like some other posters.  I know gold has longer delays, but I don't see the problem with reassuring people the space gray ones are still shipping quickly despite the late shipping estimates.

Supply was short for all except the 5C's, the gold phone just happened to be the most popular and sold out the quickest, was mentioned the online order supply sold out in 4 hours and when retail opened, it sold out in a few hours also. Saw video of a store in London on BBC where people where walking out with 4 of them, turned around and starting askng for offers to sell for prices of 1500 - 2000.

Message 377 of 1,264
Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

Supply was short for all except the 5C's, the gold phone just happened to be the most popular and sold out the quickest, was mentioned the online order supply sold out in 4 hours and when retail opened, it sold out in a few hours also. Saw video of a store in London on BBC where people where walking out with 4 of them, turned around and starting askng for offers to sell for prices of 1500 - 2000.

The craziest thing about that is...  people were actually buying them for that insane price. Robot Indifferent

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 378 of 1,264
Expert

OhItsIta wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

The craziest thing about that is...  people were actually buying them for that insane price. Robot Indifferent

when you gotta have the latest toy price is no object.

Message 379 of 1,264
Employee

One day I'll (hopefully) understand the craze. Smiley Indifferent

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 380 of 1,264
Mentor

Ready for tomorrow, and another day of hoping it gets shipped, lol

Message 381 of 1,264
Explorer

i think this is my last day waiting ill give it till tomorrow if not am cancel on tuesday around 2 lol 

Message 382 of 1,264
Mentor

Best of luck to you. Really hope mine gets shipped tomorrow, I got someone waiting to pay me $400 for my s4 lol

Message 383 of 1,264
Explorer

lol i had someone pay me 600 for mine off criaglist lol & i hope it does ship out tomorrow but i have a bad feeling its not lol 

Message 384 of 1,264
Mentor

Have any of you guys seen any movement?

I am seeing the 16GB model having the most trouble.
Message 385 of 1,264
Mentor

@bryanmd88 I sold my iPhone 5 for $480 on eBay.
Message 386 of 1,264
Mentor

@yun33q has your status changed? I'm having the same shipment progress.
Message 387 of 1,264
Highlighted
Teacher

For those of you whose phone has yet to ship, Apple has re-enabled their 'check availabilty' for in-store pick up button for the 5S as of 3 am EST 9/30. Links are below to both Apple and AT&T. I've had a few friends get lucky already and bought their phones online and just went to the store to pick it up via reservation, just need your zip code to search.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s - For Apple just click the check availability button under the bright green continue button on the right.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/apple/iphone/5s-16gb-gold.html - For AT&T just click check in-store availability right below the add to cart button on the left.

Message 388 of 1,264
Mentor

Yeah I just dont trust ebay. Id rather sell it for a little less and avoid getting screwed over by paypal

Message 389 of 1,264
Mentor

I know it's still early but has anyone's status changed yet??

Message 390 of 1,264
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support