Helpful Links

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Teacher

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

What does pending shipment mean in the real world. My status changed to processing to preparing to ship and pending shipment. I ordered a Gold 5s 32gb so I don't think I can believe any of these updates.

Any help or translation is greatly appreciated.

I JUST WANT MY PHONE ...........

Message 166 of 1,264

AT&T is a complete joke! Their customer service reps know absolutely nothing and are not at all helpful! I ordered a 32 GB Grey phone on Friday and a lady at my office ordered the same exact phone 1 hour later, the exact same way. She has already received her phone and mine is not even expected to be shipped until sometime late next week?!?

I called AT&T and the agent saw no problem with this? They even tell you that they are sent in the order they are received? LIES!!! He said, well there is a back order on the Gold phone, I said no kidding I didn't order the Gold phone. He said, yeah I can see that. He then, even after I told him my name, asked if I was some other customer. I asked to be transferred to a Manager and he said he couldn't do that because there are too many angry customers.

I moved to AT&T a few years back just because of the iPhone. I should switch back to Verizon. AT&T is completely clueless and not helpful! Get some customer service!

Message 167 of 1,264
Teacher

I agree, I have talked to and "chatted " with three AT&T customer service reps and I have gotten three different answers about my order. Not even close to the same infomation. I tried to order from Apple on Friday morning at 12:01 but couldn't get through. I wish I had stayed with their website.

Oh well I guess I will just wait, angrily until I receive that "shipped" email..

Message 168 of 1,264
Highlighted
Tutor

Ordered on 9/20 at 2:00 AM CDT using the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I made sure beforehand, that all my information was correct and current. Transaction completed by 2:03 AM

Ordered from AT&T last year and went through the same frustration people are experiencing now.

I love AT&T and I know the 5s is in short supply.

I read somewhere last year, that the Apple Store App was the best way to go.

So this year, I tried ordering it that way. 

My 32 GB Gold iPhone arrived today.

Message 169 of 1,264
Teacher

I got the same pending shipment notice, just curious has yours changed yet? Mine has not

Message 170 of 1,264
Tutor

Ok, so Ive been reading most of your replies. So, looking at one of the threads they posted this link for tracking your order accurately.  https://www.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=

It works, accurate for the most part rather then clicking the link on your confirmation email or the att website under orders. as I got home I decided to read this thread. People said their various sim changed from back ordered to processing or in progress. Mine did the same, we'll an hour later it showed that it has been shipped via FedEx due to arrive this Friday. I ordered mine on the 20th but not early in the morning. I ordered mine around 4pm pacific time. And it was shipped 5 days later. So.....that's a good sign if your status changes from backordered to preparing for shipment or something along those lines. A lot of people on here has the same exact thing happen. Original shipment timeframe was 1 October to 10 october. So keep checking and have fun with your new iphone!

Message 171 of 1,264
Tutor

I ordered my phone on Friday at 4:30PM at an AT&T store. The rep told me 3-5 days it should be out to me (really didnt believe that). My card was charged immediately. On Saturday morning I got the confirmation for my order and an email saying my phone was shipped. A tracking number was provided for UPS. Today im still unable to get anything to pull up. I called the store I ordered my phone from yesterday and was told my phone was to be delivered by today or Thursday(tomorrow). Called today and he told me it's on back order and my phone would be coming with the next "batch". My status on the AT&T site is showing "Preparing to Ship" for the phone and Various Sim just updated to "Processing" from "Backordered". Shipment date next to the phone is showing 10/21 - 10/31. Can someone share how their wait went (if you've received your phone). Really getting frustrated. Just got rid of my s4 to try out the iphone and now im regretting it . Sorry just wanted to vent

Message 172 of 1,264
Contributor

I ordered Gold 32MB 5S on 9/20 at 2:15CDT. My order status changed to sim and phone pending shipment. This morning. Sim data changed from the bottom of invoice to the top. LOL if that matters.

Message 173 of 1,264
Tutor

https://www.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=
Click on this link and keep checking back. It may change at a moments notice

Message 174 of 1,264

So here's what I suspect with the delay on shipping for most iPhone 5S. If any of you experienced iPhone 5 launch last year, we all experienced the same dilemma. Except this year, Apple through a new color into the ball game which caused most of our eyes to turn to the new color offer and say, "I WANT THAT ONE." Anyway, the delay on shipping is not AT&T's fault. If you read reports, iPhone 5S sales topped 9 million over the launch weekend which was 4 million more than the iPhone 5 sales. And guess where most of those orders came from? You guessed it: ONLINE. And guess what most of the iPhones ordered were? You guessed it again: IPHONE 5S GOLD. Higher demand means fewer phones to supply, and Apple plays the cat and mouse game every year with their iPhone. They know what they're doing. They said they did not expect demand to be so high, but who do they honestly think they're fooling? It's a marketing scheme. It's no mistake they topped Exonn momentarily in 2012 as the most profitable company in the world.

Anyway, bad news is that AT&T changed the shipping status for most of our iPhone 5S gold to Oct 1-31. Good news is there's a reason for this. Today, several smaller US carriers announced they would be selling the iPhone 5S starting October 1st. So what does this mean for us? This means that Apple has had their manufacturer prepare millions of iPhones to supply to the carriers at the first of the month, which inclues AT&T. 

I believe that if you were one of the first to order the iPhone on September 20th (I ordered mine at 2:05 CST-64GB Gold), then you should expect your iPhone to be shipped sometime next week. Don't quote me on this, but it is the most logical prediction. 

So, don't panic, don't get frustrated. Just be patient and know that AT&T plans on fulfilling orders starting with the most recent. Just think, we will all have our iPhones in hand soon and everyone else will be jealous and continue to waste their time calling stores to see if they have more iPhone 5S in stock. They could learn from us that they should have stood in line or ordered their phone on launch day. So sit back, and wait for that glorious package to arrive in the mail.

I'm excited!

Message 175 of 1,264
Teacher

darkmcknight wrote:

So here's what I suspect with the delay on shipping for most iPhone 5S. If any of you experienced iPhone 5 launch last year, we all experienced the same dilemma. Except this year, Apple through a new color into the ball game which caused most of our eyes to turn to the new color offer and say, "I WANT THAT ONE." Anyway, the delay on shipping is not AT&T's fault. If you read reports, iPhone 5S sales topped 9 million over the launch weekend which was 4 million more than the iPhone 5 sales. And guess where most of those orders came from? You guessed it: ONLINE. And guess what most of the iPhones ordered were? You guessed it again: IPHONE 5S GOLD. Higher demand means fewer phones to supply, and Apple plays the cat and mouse game every year with their iPhone. They know what they're doing. They said they did not expect demand to be so high, but who do they honestly think they're fooling? It's a marketing scheme. It's no mistake they topped Exonn momentarily in 2012 as the most profitable company in the world.

Anyway, bad news is that AT&T changed the shipping status for most of our iPhone 5S gold to Oct 1-31. Good news is there's a reason for this. Today, several smaller US carriers announced they would be selling the iPhone 5S starting October 1st. So what does this mean for us? This means that Apple has had their manufacturer prepare millions of iPhones to supply to the carriers at the first of the month, which inclues AT&T. 

I believe that if you were one of the first to order the iPhone on September 20th (I ordered mine at 2:05 CST-64GB Gold), then you should expect your iPhone to be shipped sometime next week. Don't quote me on this, but it is the most logical prediction. 

So, don't panic, don't get frustrated. Just be patient and know that AT&T plans on fulfilling orders starting with the most recent. Just think, we will all have our iPhones in hand soon and everyone else will be jealous and continue to waste their time calling stores to see if they have more iPhone 5S in stock. They could learn from us that they should have stood in line or ordered their phone on launch day. So sit back, and wait for that glorious package to arrive in the mail.

I'm excited!

So, I have an order for a silver and gold.  If your theory is correct, where is my silver (orderd 12:05AM 9/20)?  By the way, right now if you go and place an order for an iPhone 5s on AT&T it shows estimated shipping times for Space Gray ad Silver to be 7 - 10 days and Gold is now 28 - 42 days.
Message 176 of 1,264
Tutor

...on the same boat as everyone else. Ordered Gold 32gb, at 2:04a.m CST, status currently preparing to ship for phone, SIM prossesing since yesterday (showed backordered Tuesday), ship dates Oct 20-31... hoping from some of these post it ships by monday! no CC charge yet, the pending status on the charge is now gone...

Message 177 of 1,264

Update everyone. I'm happy to say that I just checked my status and my iphone is shipping today! My sim went from back ordered to processing yesterday, so that's a good sign.

Message 178 of 1,264

For those of you who's phones haven't shipped, when you check your status at this link does it show a ship date for you?:

https://www.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=

When I check it on the link sent to me in the AT&T email, it shows the ship date as 10/21-10/30 but on the above link it doesn't list anything in the date spot.

Message 179 of 1,264

Just received shipping notification email. I just checked tracking and they shipped it out to me using Fedex 2 day service. Expected delivery day is Monday 09/30/2013.

Message 180 of 1,264
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support