Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
6:33:49 AM
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:25:57 AM
(0)
Teacher
My sim changed from back ordered to processing also.
My sim changed from back ordered to processing also.

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

151 of 1,264 (5,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:29:28 AM
(0)
Explorer

@M2013, what did you order and when?

@M2013, what did you order and when?

152 of 1,264 (5,788 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:37:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

pamski wrote:

... Super discouraged that many people I know simply walked into a retailer and got their phones.  I'm normally the early purchase Smiley Sad

You weren't walking into any store on launch day for a 64GB Gold version.  True. Story.

pamski wrote:

... Super discouraged that many people I know simply walked into a retailer and got their phones.  I'm normally the early purchase Smiley Sad

You weren't walking into any store on launch day for a 64GB Gold version.  True. Story.

153 of 1,264 (5,782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:46:56 AM
(0)
Teacher
@pamski - Silver iphone 5s 16GB on Saturday
@pamski - Silver iphone 5s 16GB on Saturday

154 of 1,264 (5,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:51:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

mine has changed from backordered to processing as well, let's hope for the best i guess  lolSmiley Wink

mine has changed from backordered to processing as well, let's hope for the best i guess  lolSmiley Wink

155 of 1,264 (5,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:55:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

2nd phone is 16GB Gold, ordered on release day around 12:10PT was shipped yesterday and will be delivered today.

Att did a good job this time.

2nd phone is 16GB Gold, ordered on release day around 12:10PT was shipped yesterday and will be delivered today.

Att did a good job this time.

156 of 1,264 (5,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 9:44:43 AM
(0)
Tutor
Ordered a Gold 16GB around 3:03am EST and a Silver 16GB Saturday Night, both went from back ordered SIM to processing..
Ordered a Gold 16GB around 3:03am EST and a Silver 16GB Saturday Night, both went from back ordered SIM to processing..

157 of 1,264 (5,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:01:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

i placed an order before many peope were able and received my confirmation email at 01:57 AM CDT September 20, 2013 for a 64gb Gold Iphone, and this morning when i checked my status my sim card went from back ordered to processing while my phone still states that its preparing to ship, but my dates still show up as oct 1-30 , i really hope that it changes to shipped today.

i placed an order before many peope were able and received my confirmation email at 01:57 AM CDT September 20, 2013 for a 64gb Gold Iphone, and this morning when i checked my status my sim card went from back ordered to processing while my phone still states that its preparing to ship, but my dates still show up as oct 1-30 , i really hope that it changes to shipped today.

158 of 1,264 (5,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:14:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by polydeuces on Sep 25, 2013 at 10:16:23 AM

@pamski I ordered a 16gb iphone 5S Gold. My order was received by at&t at 12:36am  launch day. I could have placed my order before 12am but server kept kicking me out. 

@pamski I ordered a 16gb iphone 5S Gold. My order was received by at&t at 12:36am  launch day. I could have placed my order before 12am but server kept kicking me out. 

[ Edited ]
159 of 1,264 (5,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:27:49 AM
(0)
Teacher

callmejeebus which model did you order? i ordered the 32G old and the sim changed to processing this morning as well.

callmejeebus which model did you order? i ordered the 32G old and the sim changed to processing this morning as well.

160 of 1,264 (5,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:50:29 AM
(0)
Explorer

I ordered the 16GB model. It delivers on Thursday

I ordered the 16GB model. It delivers on Thursday

161 of 1,264 (5,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:55:50 AM
(0)
Teacher
@callmejeebus - did your SIM card process for a while?
@callmejeebus - did your SIM card process for a while?

162 of 1,264 (5,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 11:30:45 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by jjldsej7 on Sep 25, 2013 at 11:31:42 AM

I’m not entirely sure if the sim changing from "back ordered" to "processing" means all that much. I ordered my iPhone Gold much later than release time, and my shipping dates say 10/21-10/30. My sim also changed from back ordered to processing, but I doubt that I would be getting my device shipped anytime soon.

I really hope that I am wrong, but it seems like everyone's sims are changing from back ordered. I guess we will see if any actually get shipped today.

I’m not entirely sure if the sim changing from "back ordered" to "processing" means all that much. I ordered my iPhone Gold much later than release time, and my shipping dates say 10/21-10/30. My sim also changed from back ordered to processing, but I doubt that I would be getting my device shipped anytime soon.

I really hope that I am wrong, but it seems like everyone's sims are changing from back ordered. I guess we will see if any actually get shipped today.

[ Edited ]
163 of 1,264 (5,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 11:32:48 AM
(0)
Teacher

I am wondering if the fact that the $359 pending charge on my card disappeared just now means it's about to be changed over to "processed" and the order will ship soon.

I am wondering if the fact that the $359 pending charge on my card disappeared just now means it's about to be changed over to "processed" and the order will ship soon.

164 of 1,264 (5,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 11:37:26 AM
(0)
Expert

nqusison wrote:

that could have been the ping that was done when you placed the order, each card issuer has different time periods for when it disappears. If a charge of the same amount shows up then you know it is going through.

nqusison wrote:

that could have been the ping that was done when you placed the order, each card issuer has different time periods for when it disappears. If a charge of the same amount shows up then you know it is going through.

165 of 1,264 (5,357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 2:32:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

What does pending shipment mean in the real world. My status changed to processing to preparing to ship and pending shipment. I ordered a Gold 5s 32gb so I don't think I can believe any of these updates.

Any help or translation is greatly appreciated.

I JUST WANT MY PHONE ...........

What does pending shipment mean in the real world. My status changed to processing to preparing to ship and pending shipment. I ordered a Gold 5s 32gb so I don't think I can believe any of these updates.

Any help or translation is greatly appreciated.

I JUST WANT MY PHONE ...........

166 of 1,264 (4,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 2:58:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T is a complete joke! Their customer service reps know absolutely nothing and are not at all helpful! I ordered a 32 GB Grey phone on Friday and a lady at my office ordered the same exact phone 1 hour later, the exact same way. She has already received her phone and mine is not even expected to be shipped until sometime late next week?!?

I called AT&T and the agent saw no problem with this? They even tell you that they are sent in the order they are received? LIES!!! He said, well there is a back order on the Gold phone, I said no kidding I didn't order the Gold phone. He said, yeah I can see that. He then, even after I told him my name, asked if I was some other customer. I asked to be transferred to a Manager and he said he couldn't do that because there are too many angry customers.

I moved to AT&T a few years back just because of the iPhone. I should switch back to Verizon. AT&T is completely clueless and not helpful! Get some customer service!

AT&T is a complete joke! Their customer service reps know absolutely nothing and are not at all helpful! I ordered a 32 GB Grey phone on Friday and a lady at my office ordered the same exact phone 1 hour later, the exact same way. She has already received her phone and mine is not even expected to be shipped until sometime late next week?!?

I called AT&T and the agent saw no problem with this? They even tell you that they are sent in the order they are received? LIES!!! He said, well there is a back order on the Gold phone, I said no kidding I didn't order the Gold phone. He said, yeah I can see that. He then, even after I told him my name, asked if I was some other customer. I asked to be transferred to a Manager and he said he couldn't do that because there are too many angry customers.

I moved to AT&T a few years back just because of the iPhone. I should switch back to Verizon. AT&T is completely clueless and not helpful! Get some customer service!

167 of 1,264 (4,816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:09:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

I agree, I have talked to and "chatted " with three AT&T customer service reps and I have gotten three different answers about my order. Not even close to the same infomation. I tried to order from Apple on Friday morning at 12:01 but couldn't get through. I wish I had stayed with their website.

Oh well I guess I will just wait, angrily until I receive that "shipped" email..

I agree, I have talked to and "chatted " with three AT&T customer service reps and I have gotten three different answers about my order. Not even close to the same infomation. I tried to order from Apple on Friday morning at 12:01 but couldn't get through. I wish I had stayed with their website.

Oh well I guess I will just wait, angrily until I receive that "shipped" email..

168 of 1,264 (4,798 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:21:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ordered on 9/20 at 2:00 AM CDT using the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I made sure beforehand, that all my information was correct and current. Transaction completed by 2:03 AM

Ordered from AT&T last year and went through the same frustration people are experiencing now.

I love AT&T and I know the 5s is in short supply.

I read somewhere last year, that the Apple Store App was the best way to go.

So this year, I tried ordering it that way. 

My 32 GB Gold iPhone arrived today.

Ordered on 9/20 at 2:00 AM CDT using the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I made sure beforehand, that all my information was correct and current. Transaction completed by 2:03 AM

Ordered from AT&T last year and went through the same frustration people are experiencing now.

I love AT&T and I know the 5s is in short supply.

I read somewhere last year, that the Apple Store App was the best way to go.

So this year, I tried ordering it that way. 

My 32 GB Gold iPhone arrived today.

169 of 1,264 (4,767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 4:34:33 PM
(0)
Teacher

I got the same pending shipment notice, just curious has yours changed yet? Mine has not

I got the same pending shipment notice, just curious has yours changed yet? Mine has not

170 of 1,264 (4,586 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 6:15:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok, so Ive been reading most of your replies. So, looking at one of the threads they posted this link for tracking your order accurately.  https://www.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=

It works, accurate for the most part rather then clicking the link on your confirmation email or the att website under orders. as I got home I decided to read this thread. People said their various sim changed from back ordered to processing or in progress. Mine did the same, we'll an hour later it showed that it has been shipped via FedEx due to arrive this Friday. I ordered mine on the 20th but not early in the morning. I ordered mine around 4pm pacific time. And it was shipped 5 days later. So.....that's a good sign if your status changes from backordered to preparing for shipment or something along those lines. A lot of people on here has the same exact thing happen. Original shipment timeframe was 1 October to 10 october. So keep checking and have fun with your new iphone!

Ok, so Ive been reading most of your replies. So, looking at one of the threads they posted this link for tracking your order accurately.  https://www.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=

It works, accurate for the most part rather then clicking the link on your confirmation email or the att website under orders. as I got home I decided to read this thread. People said their various sim changed from back ordered to processing or in progress. Mine did the same, we'll an hour later it showed that it has been shipped via FedEx due to arrive this Friday. I ordered mine on the 20th but not early in the morning. I ordered mine around 4pm pacific time. And it was shipped 5 days later. So.....that's a good sign if your status changes from backordered to preparing for shipment or something along those lines. A lot of people on here has the same exact thing happen. Original shipment timeframe was 1 October to 10 october. So keep checking and have fun with your new iphone!

171 of 1,264 (4,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 6:16:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered my phone on Friday at 4:30PM at an AT&T store. The rep told me 3-5 days it should be out to me (really didnt believe that). My card was charged immediately. On Saturday morning I got the confirmation for my order and an email saying my phone was shipped. A tracking number was provided for UPS. Today im still unable to get anything to pull up. I called the store I ordered my phone from yesterday and was told my phone was to be delivered by today or Thursday(tomorrow). Called today and he told me it's on back order and my phone would be coming with the next "batch". My status on the AT&T site is showing "Preparing to Ship" for the phone and Various Sim just updated to "Processing" from "Backordered". Shipment date next to the phone is showing 10/21 - 10/31. Can someone share how their wait went (if you've received your phone). Really getting frustrated. Just got rid of my s4 to try out the iphone and now im regretting it . Sorry just wanted to vent

I ordered my phone on Friday at 4:30PM at an AT&T store. The rep told me 3-5 days it should be out to me (really didnt believe that). My card was charged immediately. On Saturday morning I got the confirmation for my order and an email saying my phone was shipped. A tracking number was provided for UPS. Today im still unable to get anything to pull up. I called the store I ordered my phone from yesterday and was told my phone was to be delivered by today or Thursday(tomorrow). Called today and he told me it's on back order and my phone would be coming with the next "batch". My status on the AT&T site is showing "Preparing to Ship" for the phone and Various Sim just updated to "Processing" from "Backordered". Shipment date next to the phone is showing 10/21 - 10/31. Can someone share how their wait went (if you've received your phone). Really getting frustrated. Just got rid of my s4 to try out the iphone and now im regretting it . Sorry just wanted to vent

172 of 1,264 (4,357 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 6:17:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

I ordered Gold 32MB 5S on 9/20 at 2:15CDT. My order status changed to sim and phone pending shipment. This morning. Sim data changed from the bottom of invoice to the top. LOL if that matters.

I ordered Gold 32MB 5S on 9/20 at 2:15CDT. My order status changed to sim and phone pending shipment. This morning. Sim data changed from the bottom of invoice to the top. LOL if that matters.

173 of 1,264 (4,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 6:24:04 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Khan7860 on Sep 25, 2013 at 6:28:59 PM

https://www.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=
Click on this link and keep checking back. It may change at a moments notice

Click on this link and keep checking back. It may change at a moments notice

[ Edited ]
174 of 1,264 (4,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 9:14:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

So here's what I suspect with the delay on shipping for most iPhone 5S. If any of you experienced iPhone 5 launch last year, we all experienced the same dilemma. Except this year, Apple through a new color into the ball game which caused most of our eyes to turn to the new color offer and say, "I WANT THAT ONE." Anyway, the delay on shipping is not AT&T's fault. If you read reports, iPhone 5S sales topped 9 million over the launch weekend which was 4 million more than the iPhone 5 sales. And guess where most of those orders came from? You guessed it: ONLINE. And guess what most of the iPhones ordered were? You guessed it again: IPHONE 5S GOLD. Higher demand means fewer phones to supply, and Apple plays the cat and mouse game every year with their iPhone. They know what they're doing. They said they did not expect demand to be so high, but who do they honestly think they're fooling? It's a marketing scheme. It's no mistake they topped Exonn momentarily in 2012 as the most profitable company in the world.

Anyway, bad news is that AT&T changed the shipping status for most of our iPhone 5S gold to Oct 1-31. Good news is there's a reason for this. Today, several smaller US carriers announced they would be selling the iPhone 5S starting October 1st. So what does this mean for us? This means that Apple has had their manufacturer prepare millions of iPhones to supply to the carriers at the first of the month, which inclues AT&T. 

I believe that if you were one of the first to order the iPhone on September 20th (I ordered mine at 2:05 CST-64GB Gold), then you should expect your iPhone to be shipped sometime next week. Don't quote me on this, but it is the most logical prediction. 

So, don't panic, don't get frustrated. Just be patient and know that AT&T plans on fulfilling orders starting with the most recent. Just think, we will all have our iPhones in hand soon and everyone else will be jealous and continue to waste their time calling stores to see if they have more iPhone 5S in stock. They could learn from us that they should have stood in line or ordered their phone on launch day. So sit back, and wait for that glorious package to arrive in the mail.

I'm excited!

So here's what I suspect with the delay on shipping for most iPhone 5S. If any of you experienced iPhone 5 launch last year, we all experienced the same dilemma. Except this year, Apple through a new color into the ball game which caused most of our eyes to turn to the new color offer and say, "I WANT THAT ONE." Anyway, the delay on shipping is not AT&T's fault. If you read reports, iPhone 5S sales topped 9 million over the launch weekend which was 4 million more than the iPhone 5 sales. And guess where most of those orders came from? You guessed it: ONLINE. And guess what most of the iPhones ordered were? You guessed it again: IPHONE 5S GOLD. Higher demand means fewer phones to supply, and Apple plays the cat and mouse game every year with their iPhone. They know what they're doing. They said they did not expect demand to be so high, but who do they honestly think they're fooling? It's a marketing scheme. It's no mistake they topped Exonn momentarily in 2012 as the most profitable company in the world.

Anyway, bad news is that AT&T changed the shipping status for most of our iPhone 5S gold to Oct 1-31. Good news is there's a reason for this. Today, several smaller US carriers announced they would be selling the iPhone 5S starting October 1st. So what does this mean for us? This means that Apple has had their manufacturer prepare millions of iPhones to supply to the carriers at the first of the month, which inclues AT&T. 

I believe that if you were one of the first to order the iPhone on September 20th (I ordered mine at 2:05 CST-64GB Gold), then you should expect your iPhone to be shipped sometime next week. Don't quote me on this, but it is the most logical prediction. 

So, don't panic, don't get frustrated. Just be patient and know that AT&T plans on fulfilling orders starting with the most recent. Just think, we will all have our iPhones in hand soon and everyone else will be jealous and continue to waste their time calling stores to see if they have more iPhone 5S in stock. They could learn from us that they should have stood in line or ordered their phone on launch day. So sit back, and wait for that glorious package to arrive in the mail.

I'm excited!

175 of 1,264 (3,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:06:22 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by mperson on Sep 25, 2013 at 10:10:07 PM

darkmcknight wrote:

I'm excited!

So, I have an order for a silver and gold.  If your theory is correct, where is my silver (orderd 12:05AM 9/20)?  By the way, right now if you go and place an order for an iPhone 5s on AT&T it shows estimated shipping times for Space Gray ad Silver to be 7 - 10 days and Gold is now 28 - 42 days.

darkmcknight wrote:

I'm excited!

So, I have an order for a silver and gold.  If your theory is correct, where is my silver (orderd 12:05AM 9/20)?  By the way, right now if you go and place an order for an iPhone 5s on AT&T it shows estimated shipping times for Space Gray ad Silver to be 7 - 10 days and Gold is now 28 - 42 days.

[ Edited ]
176 of 1,264 (3,822 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 6:29:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

...on the same boat as everyone else. Ordered Gold 32gb, at 2:04a.m CST, status currently preparing to ship for phone, SIM prossesing since yesterday (showed backordered Tuesday), ship dates Oct 20-31... hoping from some of these post it ships by monday! no CC charge yet, the pending status on the charge is now gone...

...on the same boat as everyone else. Ordered Gold 32gb, at 2:04a.m CST, status currently preparing to ship for phone, SIM prossesing since yesterday (showed backordered Tuesday), ship dates Oct 20-31... hoping from some of these post it ships by monday! no CC charge yet, the pending status on the charge is now gone...

177 of 1,264 (3,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 6:54:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Update everyone. I'm happy to say that I just checked my status and my iphone is shipping today! My sim went from back ordered to processing yesterday, so that's a good sign.

Update everyone. I'm happy to say that I just checked my status and my iphone is shipping today! My sim went from back ordered to processing yesterday, so that's a good sign.

178 of 1,264 (3,384 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 7:08:10 AM
(0)
Tutor

For those of you who's phones haven't shipped, when you check your status at this link does it show a ship date for you?:

When I check it on the link sent to me in the AT&T email, it shows the ship date as 10/21-10/30 but on the above link it doesn't list anything in the date spot.

For those of you who's phones haven't shipped, when you check your status at this link does it show a ship date for you?:

When I check it on the link sent to me in the AT&T email, it shows the ship date as 10/21-10/30 but on the above link it doesn't list anything in the date spot.

179 of 1,264 (3,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 7:38:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just received shipping notification email. I just checked tracking and they shipped it out to me using Fedex 2 day service. Expected delivery day is Monday 09/30/2013.

Just received shipping notification email. I just checked tracking and they shipped it out to me using Fedex 2 day service. Expected delivery day is Monday 09/30/2013.

180 of 1,264 (3,297 Views)