Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2013
6:33:49 AM
Official Iphone 5s order status thread

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Ordered mine around 7 am this morn, I hadnt even a clue I was eligible for an upgrade until I went in to pay my bill this morning.  Decided it was time to graduate to a 32gb over my 16gb.  I am always running out of space so it made the most sense.  I believe I cna sell my 5 for 250-300$ so its a wash regardless.  Early email said 7-14 days but its not confirmed yet and Ive read alot of folks saying they got an email saying it could be a month.  We will see I guess, no hurry here!

Official Iphone 5s order status thread

1,263 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(1,263)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 6:34:50 PM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 20, 2013 at 6:53:10 PM

so AT&T just sent me this.  Sounds like they dont have any iphone 5s "Gold" in their warehouse.  Doesnt susprise me one bit!  Looks like its October for me,  even though I place my order way before most of the people posting here Smiley Sad

Dear JASON

Thank you for your recent iPhone 5s purchase from AT&T. This email confirms that you selected overnight shipping for order number 16186*******. Your iPhone 5s will ship with overnight delivery when it becomes available in our warehouse. If you are not satisfied with the shipping expectation, please call us at 1-866-***-****. We are available to assist you everyday from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. (Eastern Time).

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
AT&T

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

so AT&T just sent me this.  Sounds like they dont have any iphone 5s "Gold" in their warehouse.  Doesnt susprise me one bit!  Looks like its October for me,  even though I place my order way before most of the people posting here Smiley Sad

Dear JASON

Thank you for your recent iPhone 5s purchase from AT&T. This email confirms that you selected overnight shipping for order number 16186*******. Your iPhone 5s will ship with overnight delivery when it becomes available in our warehouse. If you are not satisfied with the shipping expectation, please call us at 1-866-***-****. We are available to assist you everyday from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. (Eastern Time).

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
AT&T

Re: Official Iphone 5s order status thread

[ Edited ]
61 of 1,264 (4,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 9:21:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 20, 2013 at 9:24:43 PM

i got the email the iphone 5s has shipped and here is the proof 542********* fedex tracking number but then later on got an email saying this Thank you for your recent iPhone 5s purchase from AT&T. This email confirms that you selected overnight shipping for order number 161*******. Your iPhone 5s will ship with overnight delivery when it becomes available in our warehouse. If you are not satisfied with the shipping expectation, please call us at 1-866-***-****. We are available to assist you everyday from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. (Eastern Time). whats going on here thanks

i got the email the iphone 5s has shipped and here is the proof 542********* fedex tracking number but then later on got an email saying this Thank you for your recent iPhone 5s purchase from AT&T. This email confirms that you selected overnight shipping for order number 161*******. Your iPhone 5s will ship with overnight delivery when it becomes available in our warehouse. If you are not satisfied with the shipping expectation, please call us at 1-866-***-****. We are available to assist you everyday from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. (Eastern Time). whats going on here thanks

[ Edited ]
62 of 1,264 (4,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 9:59:05 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by ChrisB2003 on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:00:04 PM

I ordered via Premier (CRU account) at 3:20am 9/21. I ordered a 64GB Space Gray. I had to login dozens of times before I was finally able to fully complete the order. Here's info on the order so far:

- Confirmation email received immediately.

- Order status changed to Processing within the first hour, but no shipping dates.

- Shipping dates first showed end of October, but then "updated" to 10/1 - 10/10.

- Order status said SIM is backordered all day.

- Order status as of 11pm 9/21 no longer shows backordered SIM. The "Backordered Qty" is now 0 on both the iPhone and SIM, which in the past, indicates the order "may" ship soon.

I ordered via Premier (CRU account) at 3:20am 9/21. I ordered a 64GB Space Gray. I had to login dozens of times before I was finally able to fully complete the order. Here's info on the order so far:

- Confirmation email received immediately.

- Order status changed to Processing within the first hour, but no shipping dates.

- Shipping dates first showed end of October, but then "updated" to 10/1 - 10/10.

- Order status said SIM is backordered all day.

- Order status as of 11pm 9/21 no longer shows backordered SIM. The "Backordered Qty" is now 0 on both the iPhone and SIM, which in the past, indicates the order "may" ship soon.

[ Edited ]
63 of 1,264 (4,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 10:42:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Update! Just checked order status again. SHIPPED! Smiley Happy So I think it's safe to assume that the "7 to 14 days" estimate was incorrect -- if you were in the early part of when they began taking orders. FedEx tracking says I'll have my iPhone by 3pm Monday. Beats waiting 7 to 14 days!

I'd use the order status at this URL. If the back ordered shows 0's on both the phone and SIM, it's a safe bet to assume it's being shipped out shortly.

https://www.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=

Update! Just checked order status again. SHIPPED! Smiley Happy So I think it's safe to assume that the "7 to 14 days" estimate was incorrect -- if you were in the early part of when they began taking orders. FedEx tracking says I'll have my iPhone by 3pm Monday. Beats waiting 7 to 14 days!

I'd use the order status at this URL. If the back ordered shows 0's on both the phone and SIM, it's a safe bet to assume it's being shipped out shortly.

64 of 1,264 (4,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:05:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

Well the news keeps getting better woke up this morning and found out they did ship my phone grey/32gb which was ordered at 255am est launch day. So going from a ship date of 21-28 of october to 1-10 of october and now my phone is enroute to me is encouraging for everyone.  Good luck.....

Well the news keeps getting better woke up this morning and found out they did ship my phone grey/32gb which was ordered at 255am est launch day. So going from a ship date of 21-28 of october to 1-10 of october and now my phone is enroute to me is encouraging for everyone.  Good luck.....

65 of 1,264 (4,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:22:23 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thats great guys, glad to hear they are shipping already! Heres to hoping mine will ship soon as well, maybe even early next week!
Thats great guys, glad to hear they are shipping already! Heres to hoping mine will ship soon as well, maybe even early next week!

66 of 1,264 (4,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 5:41:30 AM
(0)
Teacher
Would like to report as well that my Space Grey 32GB was shipped this morning.
Would like to report as well that my Space Grey 32GB was shipped this morning.

67 of 1,264 (4,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 7:31:18 AM
(0)
Contributor
Black 16gb 5S just shipped, will be here Tuesday 9/24
Black 16gb 5S just shipped, will be here Tuesday 9/24

68 of 1,264 (3,977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 7:46:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

They really mean 10/21. Apparently AT&T, big company that they are, still haven't learned their lesson with iPhone sales. or completed my order at 2:08 a.m. And I won't see mine until 10/21 either. Plus the originally quoted me first a 2-3 then 7-10 day delivery. 

They really mean 10/21. Apparently AT&T, big company that they are, still haven't learned their lesson with iPhone sales. or completed my order at 2:08 a.m. And I won't see mine until 10/21 either. Plus the originally quoted me first a 2-3 then 7-10 day delivery. 

69 of 1,264 (3,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 7:49:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes Apple is out now but I ordered at the same time as my brother-in-law and he's getting his in 7-10 days.  

Yes Apple is out now but I ordered at the same time as my brother-in-law and he's getting his in 7-10 days.  

70 of 1,264 (3,958 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 8:07:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just thought you should know I spoke to an AT&T rep this morning. He told me that they severely underestimated the number of orders they would get. So it's not just Apple's fault. Seems to me they should have known better and planneor accordingly. 

Just thought you should know I spoke to an AT&T rep this morning. He told me that they severely underestimated the number of orders they would get. So it's not just Apple's fault. Seems to me they should have known better and planneor accordingly. 

71 of 1,264 (3,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 8:18:26 AM
(0)
Teacher
I still think you will get it faster than that, people shipping this morn and theirs said 10-1 - 10-10 yesterday.
I still think you will get it faster than that, people shipping this morn and theirs said 10-1 - 10-10 yesterday.

72 of 1,264 (3,930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 8:22:50 AM
(0)
Teacher

Just checked my status again and mine shipped at 9:17 this morning, will be here Monday.  FYI I ordered a 32gb Black yesterday morning around 7am.  Good to go, good luck everyone!!

Just checked my status again and mine shipped at 9:17 this morning, will be here Monday.  FYI I ordered a 32gb Black yesterday morning around 7am.  Good to go, good luck everyone!!

73 of 1,264 (3,914 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 8:50:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

Ordered my Silver Iphone 5S yesterday at 2:55 AM EST and just got my confirmation e-mail for deliverey by 3PM on Monday by FedEx. The great part, it's already at the sort facility near my home! So excited to receive it by Monday...Good Luck to Everyone!!

Ordered my Silver Iphone 5S yesterday at 2:55 AM EST and just got my confirmation e-mail for deliverey by 3PM on Monday by FedEx. The great part, it's already at the sort facility near my home! So excited to receive it by Monday...Good Luck to Everyone!!

74 of 1,264 (3,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 11:30:21 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ahazzazi92 on Sep 21, 2013 at 1:07:11 PM

Ordered my silver 64GB on the 20th at 12:20am PT. I was eligible to upgrade my 4S, so I went and ordered the 5s. However, until today the order status says 'Processing' with an estimated shipping date on 10/21 - 10/30. Is anyone else is still receiving the same status?

[Update]: 1:05pm PT

Soon after I submitted my post, my order status changed to 'Preparing to Ship'. Hopefully I'll get by the end of next week.

Ordered my silver 64GB on the 20th at 12:20am PT. I was eligible to upgrade my 4S, so I went and ordered the 5s. However, until today the order status says 'Processing' with an estimated shipping date on 10/21 - 10/30. Is anyone else is still receiving the same status?

[Update]: 1:05pm PT

Soon after I submitted my post, my order status changed to 'Preparing to Ship'. Hopefully I'll get by the end of next week.

[ Edited ]
75 of 1,264 (3,764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 12:30:52 PM
(0)
Scholar
I ordered my 32gb space gray at 3am est and it will be here Monday by fedex.
I ordered my 32gb space gray at 3am est and it will be here Monday by fedex.

76 of 1,264 (3,712 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 2:16:24 PM
(0)
Community Support

@ahazzazi92, conratulations on the order of your new phone! If you send us a private message by clicking here we can look up your order and confirm your estimated delivery date. Include your full name, account number, order number if you have it, contact information and the best time you can be reached. 

Thanks! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@ahazzazi92, conratulations on the order of your new phone! If you send us a private message by clicking here we can look up your order and confirm your estimated delivery date. Include your full name, account number, order number if you have it, contact information and the best time you can be reached. 

Thanks! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

77 of 1,264 (3,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:02:38 PM
(0)
Explorer

I ordered online with ATT at 3:26 am eastern time. received a time stamed congrats email at 3:27 am, as of Sat at 6 pm my status says shipping date Oct 1 - 30th. Thats kinda crappy that I ordered it within 26 min of being avalible for sale and I get Oct 1 - 30th?  Not real Happy about it 4 sure

I ordered online with ATT at 3:26 am eastern time. received a time stamed congrats email at 3:27 am, as of Sat at 6 pm my status says shipping date Oct 1 - 30th. Thats kinda crappy that I ordered it within 26 min of being avalible for sale and I get Oct 1 - 30th?  Not real Happy about it 4 sure

78 of 1,264 (3,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:11:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

just got the email, my phone will be here Monday. I had a shipping date of 10/1-10/31. I hope everyone gets theirs soon.

just got the email, my phone will be here Monday. I had a shipping date of 10/1-10/31. I hope everyone gets theirs soon.

79 of 1,264 (3,583 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:11:49 PM
(0)
Tutor
what time did you order it?
what time did you order it?

80 of 1,264 (3,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:16:42 PM
(0)
Voyager

I had to recheck status online several times to see what my order status was.

Finally have a tracking number by UPS so should arrive by Monday afternoon!

Ordered Black 16B around 12.04am PST. 

Use this link to check your order status:

I found think link to better updated than going throught the wireless order status method

I had to recheck status online several times to see what my order status was.

Finally have a tracking number by UPS so should arrive by Monday afternoon!

Ordered Black 16B around 12.04am PST. 

Use this link to check your order status:

I found think link to better updated than going throught the wireless order status method

81 of 1,264 (3,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:52:15 PM
(0)
Voyager
Edited by InToTheRain on Sep 21, 2013 at 3:53:08 PM

Hey everyone! This morning I got notification that my iPhone (Gold) has been shipped. I placed my order at 12:05am (Pacific)

I just wanted to let you guys know because I was also in the same boat as others who could have placed their order at Apple for 1-3 day at midnight. Yesterday I had the order status of "Preparing to Ship" with the Simcard on backorder and the estimated delivery to be Oct 1-30*. I tried to stay positive and not panic because in the past I've ordered from AT&T in the past and they also estimated the delivery date to be further out than it actually was. I think they just do this as a buffer or worse case. They are probably swamped and doing their best.

Good luck everyone! Smiley Happy 

Hey everyone! This morning I got notification that my iPhone (Gold) has been shipped. I placed my order at 12:05am (Pacific)

I just wanted to let you guys know because I was also in the same boat as others who could have placed their order at Apple for 1-3 day at midnight. Yesterday I had the order status of "Preparing to Ship" with the Simcard on backorder and the estimated delivery to be Oct 1-30*. I tried to stay positive and not panic because in the past I've ordered from AT&T in the past and they also estimated the delivery date to be further out than it actually was. I think they just do this as a buffer or worse case. They are probably swamped and doing their best.

Good luck everyone! Smiley Happy 

[ Edited ]
83 of 1,264 (3,507 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 4:06:28 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 21, 2013 at 4:33:26 PM

Ordered two 16GB iPhone 5S one Space Grey, and Gold. Space grey was just shipped this morning and will deliver Monday 9/23

If it says that the SIM card is backordered, does it mean that the iphone is backordered?

Thanks

[removed image with unique order numbers]

Ordered two 16GB iPhone 5S one Space Grey, and Gold. Space grey was just shipped this morning and will deliver Monday 9/23

If it says that the SIM card is backordered, does it mean that the iphone is backordered?

Thanks

[removed image with unique order numbers]

[ Edited ]
84 of 1,264 (3,486 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 4:34:12 PM
(0)
Explorer

Means nothing.   Mine said back-ordered yesterday.  My "16g iphone 5s gold" is on a fedex truck to me now for this Monday delivery with the sim.   AT&T just tries to scare you with these October dates

Means nothing.   Mine said back-ordered yesterday.  My "16g iphone 5s gold" is on a fedex truck to me now for this Monday delivery with the sim.   AT&T just tries to scare you with these October dates

85 of 1,264 (3,461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 5:00:06 PM
(0)
Tutor
what time did you place your order

86 of 1,264 (3,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 3:36:32 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ordered on @ 7:00 on 9/20... it said back order yester day but now it says it is being prepared to ship.

I ordered on @ 7:00 on 9/20... it said back order yester day but now it says it is being prepared to ship.

Black iPhone 5s 16 GB Order

82 of 1,264 (3,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 5:14:36 PM
(0)
Explorer

monkey703 wrote:

11:52 PST

monkey703 wrote:

11:52 PST

87 of 1,264 (3,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 7:15:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

I ordered the space grey 16 gb iPhone 5s at 3 am Eastern time Friday morning.  Up until just before it shipped, the shipping date was listed as 10/1-10/31.  Then, it suddenly changed to 9/21 this afternoon, and shortly thereafter got the email telling me it had shipped with a tracking number. UPS says it will be here Monday. Long story short, don't pay attention the the initial dates you have been given.  It doesn't appear to be accurate. 

I'll also note that I ordered 2 other iphones directly from apple.  They have not yet shipped - status still says processing and that it will ship in 1-3 days.  Looks like I should have ordered all 3 iPhones from ATT. 

I ordered the space grey 16 gb iPhone 5s at 3 am Eastern time Friday morning.  Up until just before it shipped, the shipping date was listed as 10/1-10/31.  Then, it suddenly changed to 9/21 this afternoon, and shortly thereafter got the email telling me it had shipped with a tracking number. UPS says it will be here Monday. Long story short, don't pay attention the the initial dates you have been given.  It doesn't appear to be accurate. 

I'll also note that I ordered 2 other iphones directly from apple.  They have not yet shipped - status still says processing and that it will ship in 1-3 days.  Looks like I should have ordered all 3 iPhones from ATT. 

88 of 1,264 (3,328 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 9:07:56 AM
(0)
Voyager
I ordered the gold 5s at 2:01 central time. My order status has said preparing to ship with the sim backordered. Earlier this morning, the sim went to processing and the iPhone was still preparing to ship. I just checked and both now say processing.... is this a good development? Seems that going from preparing to ship to processing is backwards... I hope I am wrong.
I ordered the gold 5s at 2:01 central time. My order status has said preparing to ship with the sim backordered. Earlier this morning, the sim went to processing and the iPhone was still preparing to ship. I just checked and both now say processing.... is this a good development? Seems that going from preparing to ship to processing is backwards... I hope I am wrong.

89 of 1,264 (3,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 9:21:17 AM
(0)
Voyager

Just after posting the previous comment, I checked my order status again. Still says Processing, but now shows a pending shipment of 9/22 in the details. So, hopefully this means I will have it very soon.

Just after posting the previous comment, I checked my order status again. Still says Processing, but now shows a pending shipment of 9/22 in the details. So, hopefully this means I will have it very soon.

90 of 1,264 (3,045 Views)