Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 24, 2014
10:31:37 PM
View profile
Not receiving texts from one person

Hello as off around 8:58 PM my phone stopped receiving texts from my girlfriend. I still get them from my other friends and family but just not her. I am not sure why this is happening and every time I google the problem I get answers from years ago that don't really work. She still gets my texts, abet slower than normal, and I can still call her and get calls from her.

Relevant data:

Iphone 3

AT&T 9.0 $50 a month (Which I had just upgraded to today)

Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Model: MB702LL

My Girlfriend has a Windows phone

Phone is old and junkie. Power button won’t work so I am waiting out the battery. 

Hello as off around 8:58 PM my phone stopped receiving texts from my girlfriend. I still get them from my other friends and family but just not her. I am not sure why this is happening and every time I google the problem I get answers from years ago that don't really work. She still gets my texts, abet slower than normal, and I can still call her and get calls from her.

Relevant data:

Iphone 3

Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Phone is old and junkie. Power button won’t work so I am waiting out the battery. 

Not receiving texts from one person

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 6:29:03 AM
(0)
Master

AdamMC wrote:

Relevant data:

Iphone 3

Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Double check your "blocked calls" settings.  Settings>Messages>Blocked (found all the way at the bottom)> 

Now for the fun!  Are you sure she's not getting your text messages or is that what she tells you:-)

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

AdamMC wrote:

Relevant data:

Iphone 3

Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Double check your "blocked calls" settings.  Settings>Messages>Blocked (found all the way at the bottom)> 

Now for the fun!  Are you sure she's not getting your text messages or is that what she tells you:-)

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Not receiving texts from one person

2 of 4 (5,742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 10:45:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

She is getting mine, just later than normal and without notice. She repeats them back to me verbatim so I know she does. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. The problem is that I am not getting hers. I have texted with a few other people since with no problems. This isn't very fun as its our normal means to communicate. 

I looked and didn't find a blocked calls in my message settings nor in my phone settings. 

More information to add is that she also has At&t for service. 

Waiting for the battery to die didn’t work.

Pulling out the sim card and putting it back in didn’t work.

She is getting mine, just later than normal and without notice. She repeats them back to me verbatim so I know she does. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. The problem is that I am not getting hers. I have texted with a few other people since with no problems. This isn't very fun as its our normal means to communicate. 

I looked and didn't find a blocked calls in my message settings nor in my phone settings. 

More information to add is that she also has At&t for service. 

Waiting for the battery to die didn’t work.

Pulling out the sim card and putting it back in didn’t work.

3 of 4 (5,717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 3:46:58 PM
(0)
Scholar
Have you tried a reset and restore to new?
Have you tried a reset and restore to new?

4 of 4 (5,682 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments