Nokia black update and th ATT microcell

Contributor

Nokia black update and th ATT microcell

I have no cell reception at my house, so I bought a MicroCell, and my phone worked great until this afternoon. After making a call with mcell showing on the top bar. I gave in to the update message from Nikia that I had been getting for about a month, and updated my phone. What a mistake, my phone nolonger communicates with the MicroCell. Does anyone know how to fix this. Do I need to contact Nokia?  

Message 1 of 4 (1,350 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Nokia black update and th ATT microcell

[ Edited ]

Some Nokia Lumia phones had issues last year connecting to the MicroCell. AT&T tested a coupld of different Nokia models and was unable to duplicate the problem so it seem to be phone specific and how they handle updates, etc. I know that's not a whole lof of help and I'm sorry. Do you have any other phones, on your Approved List for instance, that are still able to connect? That would rule out the MicroCell and indicate that the problem is related to your recent phone update.

If it is the phone and the update, there's very little AT&T can do and it's doubtful that Nokia will help you as well because as far as they are concerned, if the phone works then it's not their problem and compatibility with a third party device is something they don't support (at least that's what some of the Nokia users last year were being told). I would try to reset the MicroCell and possibly the phone as well. It may be as simple as the MicorCell needs to go thru the Initial Activation process again because of the phone's OS update and vice versa to re-establish new connection protocols.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (953 Views)
Contributor

That was the solution. I worked with ATT to reset the microcell and reactivate my phones.
Message 3 of 4 (900 Views)
ACE - Master

Great! Did they have you do just a power cycle or did you do a hard reset?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (896 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.