Nokia Lumina Users!IF you Suddenly Stopped Receiving TEXT messages LOOK HERE!

Contributor

Nokia Lumina Users!IF you Suddenly Stopped Receiving TEXT messages LOOK HERE!

After days of doing my own research while waiting for ATT to call back...frustrated and exhausted...  i finally came across a post on the Nokia forum. If you once were able to receive text mess and all of a sudden you can send but not receive try this!   Make sure you delete all threads/conversations from previous texts and MMS. If you have your text backing up to icloud make sure you have this option on when you delete. There may be a corrupt text. Then contact ATT via TECH CHAT.... ask them to reset and push all Messaging and Data settings over the air (OTA) so that your phone will access to the carrier's service.  They will ask you to turn off your phone...this is key! They cant reset and send with your phone on. Then they will ask you to turn phone back on.  Once your phone is on ask them to send you a test sms and mms. 
 The problem should be fixed. If the problem isn't, then do a soft reset of your phone making sure you have removed all the text messaging threads on your phone before. Soft Reset for the Nokia: Hold down the volume button and on/off button simultaniously "UNTIL" it powers off and vibrates! Dont use pull down screen when shows up...but continue to hold the button down till it vibrates.

should fix the problem! 

Message 1 of 2 (8,899 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Nokia Lumina Users!IF you Suddenly Stopped Receiving TEXT messages LOOK HERE!

Thank you for sharing, in some cases text or data issues are resolved by reprovisioning account features. Your post covers that and device troubleshooting steps, thank you for taking your time to put it together to help other members!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (8,796 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.