Nokia Lumia 900 frozen screen and question mark in battery icon

Teacher

Nokia Lumia 900 frozen screen and question mark in battery icon

Just bought 2 of the Lumia 900 for the wife and me about 3 weeks ago. Very happy with the purchase until today when wife's phone got frozen screen after completing a call. The battery icon shows completely drained and there's a question mark inside the battery. This is impossible since the phone was fully charged overnight. Unable to power off to reset the phone since the screen is frozen and won't allow me to slide down to power off. Searched on line for solution and found one on another forum. Turns out this problem has happened before with Lumia 800 and Samsung Focus. The solution is to hold power button down for 10 seconds or more and release it. The screen will go dark, reset, and power back up. Then everything works fine afterward.

Is Nokia or AT&T aware of this problem? If yes, did they release a fix for it yet? After purchasing the phones, I did all the software updates, but still encountered this problem.  Nokia and Windows phone fans out there, any comments? Should I have gone with the iPhone 4S instead?

Message 1 of 19 (65,694 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Nokia Lumia 900 frozen screen and question mark in battery icon

sorry you had such troubles!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19 (52,848 Views)
Contributor

Thanks this totally worked for me. I called AT&T and rep HAD no clue.. my phone is less than two weeks old...
Message 17 of 19 (48,386 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Ohmygosh, thank you so much!!! This was the second time that this has happened to my Nokia Lumina 900. The first time my cell just fixed itself. You saved me this time. No I know what I have to do when this happens again. (:
Thanks again so much! Smiley Very Happy
Message 18 of 19 (47,627 Views)
Contributor

I just had this issue tonight with my Nokia Lumia 900. The screen and buttons were unresponsive, and I had the question mark in the battery symbol. I held down the power button for about ten seconds, felt the phone vibrate once, and it came back and was fine afterward.

This is the only Windows phone I've ever used, and this is the first time I've had this problem. I've had the phone for more than a year.

Thanks for your help.
Message 19 of 19 (20,050 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.