Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 9, 2014
10:33:50 AM
View profile
Nokia Lumia 520 Lumia Black update

i saw just recently where Nokia is Rolling out the Update when can 520 Users expect to get it on their devices?

i saw just recently where Nokia is Rolling out the Update when can 520 Users expect to get it on their devices?

Nokia Lumia 520 Lumia Black update

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 10:56:31 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi Devmer11,

Updates once released by the phone maker has to go though carrier testing. The Lumia 520 has a few different sub-models for various regions. Rest assured it will come out for your device, it most likely will be a few weeks.

Hi Devmer11,

Updates once released by the phone maker has to go though carrier testing. The Lumia 520 has a few different sub-models for various regions. Rest assured it will come out for your device, it most likely will be a few weeks.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 Lumia Black update

2 of 9 (10,079 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 6:05:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

In a few weeks the new Windows phone OS will be out.

How many weeks after release will you port that out?

3 of 9 (9,639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 5:43:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

clintburden55 wrote:

About a month after Nokia releases it to AT&T for your model device. Sometimes two months after.

clintburden55 wrote:

About a month after Nokia releases it to AT&T for your model device. Sometimes two months after.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (9,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 2:01:32 PM
(0)
Contributor

Why does it take up to 2 months?

Nokia has already approved the update.

I just returned to ATT from TMobile.

I have a No-Contract phone.

The bluetooth is unsat in Amber. I have installed update 3.

I am in hopes BLACK has the right fix.

If 8.1 in April (plus 2 months) can't fix either - may have to go back to android.

I used to have a hacked android since ATT could not update on a speedier schedule.

Just a bit frustrated.

Thanks

I just returned to ATT from TMobile.

I have a No-Contract phone.

The bluetooth is unsat in Amber. I have installed update 3.

I am in hopes BLACK has the right fix.

If 8.1 in April (plus 2 months) can't fix either - may have to go back to android.

I used to have a hacked android since ATT could not update on a speedier schedule.

Just a bit frustrated.

Thanks

5 of 9 (9,465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 5:46:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

clintburden55 wrote:

Yep, it just went into "Waiting for Approval"

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-americ...

So, sometime in the next month or so...

As to why... who knows.

clintburden55 wrote:

Yep, it just went into "Waiting for Approval"

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north-america/

So, sometime in the next month or so...

As to why... who knows.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (9,448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 5:00:39 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by myatkiggy on Jan 29, 2014 at 5:02:00 PM

Yes I am all ready starting to feel uneasy.  I left android as an early adopted due to 2 bad models that could not even update past their initial OS install... waited for over 18 months to get a security update but no version bump so I bailed big time on Android. Never been back, will never go back due to the fragmentation.  WIth my Windows 7 phone, MS handled the updates direct and pushed them to your phone. I was mistakenly under the impression this would be the case with WP8 but I am seeing now that it is not, and that we are not really putting people to work in mass at ATT to test and expedite the release of these new versions for their customers ASAP...

Even though I have had an enjoyable experience with Windows Phone in general, this new update cycle and once again having the carrier pick and choose who, how much and when you get an update per model is not good and it's not really acceptable. You'd never know which model to buy not knowing a year down the road which ones would be on the future exclude list.  The ONLY smartphone that still responsibly handles their own updates in a timely manner is Apple, as they control the complete hardware market.  I also had flawless experiences with my iphone and at this time, I'm going to go back, off contract and away from the major carriers. This is the only way I will get every update, when available, and being away from the majors, not pay double what I can find elsewhere that is comparable.

Yes I am all ready starting to feel uneasy.  I left android as an early adopted due to 2 bad models that could not even update past their initial OS install... waited for over 18 months to get a security update but no version bump so I bailed big time on Android. Never been back, will never go back due to the fragmentation.  WIth my Windows 7 phone, MS handled the updates direct and pushed them to your phone. I was mistakenly under the impression this would be the case with WP8 but I am seeing now that it is not, and that we are not really putting people to work in mass at ATT to test and expedite the release of these new versions for their customers ASAP...

Even though I have had an enjoyable experience with Windows Phone in general, this new update cycle and once again having the carrier pick and choose who, how much and when you get an update per model is not good and it's not really acceptable. You'd never know which model to buy not knowing a year down the road which ones would be on the future exclude list.  The ONLY smartphone that still responsibly handles their own updates in a timely manner is Apple, as they control the complete hardware market.  I also had flawless experiences with my iphone and at this time, I'm going to go back, off contract and away from the major carriers. This is the only way I will get every update, when available, and being away from the majors, not pay double what I can find elsewhere that is comparable.

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (8,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 10:42:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

Well the L920 update is rolling right now, so the 520 shouldn't be far behind. Nokia did say all lumias will get the update before the end of the month.

Well the L920 update is rolling right now, so the 520 shouldn't be far behind. Nokia did say all lumias will get the update before the end of the month.

I love Chicago

8 of 9 (8,246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 7:11:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

In reference to Iphone (Apple).

My daughter just upgraded to the 5C.

I have her 4S.

I am thinking on dropping my 520 and activiating the 4S.

As per previous, Apple pushes the stuff out.

Android and evidently Windows is too much for ATT to push the updates in a timely manner.

The Windows 8 phone has bluetooth issues - I am hoping the BLACK or 8.1 fixes them.

Car does not sync properly - can't connect to Pebble.

I'll wait a couple of more days to determine what I am going to do.

In reference to Iphone (Apple).

My daughter just upgraded to the 5C.

I have her 4S.

I am thinking on dropping my 520 and activiating the 4S.

As per previous, Apple pushes the stuff out.

Android and evidently Windows is too much for ATT to push the updates in a timely manner.

The Windows 8 phone has bluetooth issues - I am hoping the BLACK or 8.1 fixes them.

Car does not sync properly - can't connect to Pebble.

I'll wait a couple of more days to determine what I am going to do.

9 of 9 (8,160 Views)