Nokia Lumia 1520 charge delay

Nokia Lumia 1520 charge delay

So every time I plug in my Lumia 1520, it takes about 90 seconds to a couple minutes to actually recognize that it's plugged in and start charging. Anyone else experience this? Should I be concerned that there's something wrong and maybe down the roas could become a real issue, like it won't charge at all?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 charge delay

What are you plugging it into? The Nokia charger or something else?

I've seen it even on the 920, if plugging into a lower powered charger/port.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8

A USB wall charger.

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Professor

ZosKiaCultus wrote:

A USB wall charger.

The Nokia one?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8

Yes, it's the charger that came with the phone.

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Professor

Should recongnize that fairly fast then. Perhaps they've changed the polling time on the port to detect power.

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

Mine seems to take about 5 seconds to give that tone that its charging and change the battery icon. Its a noticeable delay to be sure but never gave me any concern. But 90 seconds is a bit on the extreme side.

Once it does start charging, does it complete the cycle in a reasonable amount of time?

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I had this issue and I found that the Battery Performance app I had installed changed the polling time. Uninstalled and restarted and everything works perfect again.

{commercial link removed}

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support